Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/10/2005 11:10:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2005 11:11:41 PM EDT by OmegaMan]

Class acts

For ToniaTinker, a day on the job often includes chasing kids around the playground or getting covered in glittery goop.

She loves every minute of it.

Tinker, 24, a second-year kindergarten teacher at Jacobson Elementary School in Chandler, says going back to school is all about starting fresh.

That means meeting new faces, planning new activities and, of course, shopping for new clothes.

"I have to wear clothes that I can move around in," says Tinker of Chandler. "I'm constantly squatting, sitting on the ground, getting down to their level."

Tinker finds cute and hassle-free pieces at Target, Nordstrom, Old Navy and Gap. Her must-haves include skirts, capris and a comfortable pair of tennis shoes.

With a classroom schedule packed with reading lessons, art projects and math reviews, Tinker says every day is a new adventure. Her favorite part is watching her students learn and grow.

"They say the cutest little things that just make your day," she says. "They help you put life into perspective."

Here's a week's worth of clothes for the busy kindergarten teacher. We picked out key pieces that can be repeated in different looks, because teachers, like most of us, have limited budgets.

A day in kindergarten
8:15 a.m. Calendar routine
8:30 a.m. Reading lesson
8:45 a.m. Learning centers
9:30 a.m. Recess
9:45 a.m. Music lesson, library time and computer lab
10:45 a.m. Math lesson
10:55 a.m. Lunch
11:40 a.m. Puzzles
Noon Writing and math review
12:45 p.m. Social studies and science
1:15 p.m. Reading rotations
2 p.m. Recess and snack
2:15 p.m. Read aloud

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:11:02 AM EDT
I'd hit it
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:16:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Crzy_One:
I'd hit it

Me too, why do you think she's "constantly squatting"
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:34:23 AM EDT
I bet YOU'RElooking forward to parent/teacher night.
You might even take the kid with you.

Does she need a teacher's aide?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:43:15 AM EDT
I never, in all my years of schooling, had a decent looking teacher. They were all either 200lbs + or old hags. Thanks to the Phoenix School District.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:52:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:02:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2005 3:08:15 PM EDT by gazukull]

Originally Posted By OmegaMan:
www.azcentral.com/style/pics/080505fashion.jpgwww.azcentral.com/sshow/Style/Other/2844_44624.jpg

Class acts

For ToniaTinker, a day on the job often includes chasing kids around the playground or getting covered in glittery goop.

She loves every minute of it.

Tinker, 24, a second-year kindergarten teacher at Jacobson Elementary School in Chandler, says going back to school is all about starting fresh.

That means meeting new faces, planning new activities and, of course, shopping for new clothes.

"I have to wear clothes that I can move around in," says Tinker of Chandler. "I'm constantly squatting, sitting on the ground, getting down to their level."

Tinker finds cute and hassle-free pieces at Target, Nordstrom, Old Navy and Gap. Her must-haves include skirts, capris and a comfortable pair of tennis shoes.

With a classroom schedule packed with reading lessons, art projects and math reviews, Tinker says every day is a new adventure. Her favorite part is watching her students learn and grow.

"They say the cutest little things that just make your day," she says. "They help you put life into perspective."

Here's a week's worth of clothes for the busy kindergarten teacher. We picked out key pieces that can be repeated in different looks, because teachers, like most of us, have limited budgets.

A day in kindergarten
8:15 a.m. Calendar routine
8:30 a.m. Reading lesson
8:45 a.m. Learning centers
9:30 a.m. Recess
9:45 a.m. Music lesson, library time and computer lab
10:45 a.m. Math lesson
10:55 a.m. Lunch
11:40 a.m. Puzzles
Noon Writing and math review
12:45 p.m. Social studies and science
1:15 p.m. Reading rotations