Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/19/2006 3:38:30 PM EDT
I like rain, I really do. But now my apt has a moat around it, the roads are like a river, and my kitchen has standing water in it. Yay. I love coming home from work for this shit.

Time to find the towels and the fucking shop vac.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:45:57 PM EDT
The creek behind my house is really flowing. The 16 foot bridge I made 2 weeks ago is now 1000 yards down stream wedged between some trees.

We need the rain, but in moderation!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:50:46 PM EDT
if you guys need anything let us know!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:47:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CFII:
I like rain, I really do. But now my apt has a moat around it, the roads are like a river, and my kitchen has standing water in it. Yay. I love coming home from work for this shit.

Time to find the towels and the fucking shop vac.

I feel ya. We had a ceiling and wall collapse at the range today. There is water over ankle deep inside, and we are out of business for a while.

Watch the Dallas news channels tonight.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:51:57 PM EDT
Welcome to TEXAS!
Drought: 6 months.
Rain: 3 days. 6" so far in NE Texas.
Gotta love it. Still 14 " behind. But the tanks are full and fires out.
From LE and FF standpoint, great relief and first standdown in months. Sorry it is hitting ya'll hard.
Typical spring here though.
Reminds me of the 81 floater- only that one was 10" in two days.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:16:05 PM EDT
We had to end our drill weekend early just so we could get out of the area of the reserve center. The first floor of our building was pretty much completely flooded from water that was coming up out of the floor drains, the units that weren't there are going to come in to a nasty stinking mess. Northwest Hwy was already closed at Audelia/Buckner and was probably closed further east not too much later because there were already several vehicles stuck and flooded out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:21:08 PM EDT
We've gotten over 8" of rain in Garland since 5am. Luckily the house is at least 4' higher than the street.

mm
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:21:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mikejohnson:
if you guys need anything let us know!

+1
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:36:44 PM EDT
In Arlington, we got some minor flooding in our house from the street. At one point, there was a fast moving current from my door to the house across the street.

The force of the water buckled my garage door. I thought something hit it, but the neighor was outside when it happened, and it was just water.

Water seeped through the wall in front of my house and into two bedrooms, hallway, entranceway, and probably under the hardwood floor.

Water came through my garage and into my utility room, but mad sweeping and lots of towels stopped it there.

My suppressor fund now is the deductible fund....
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:46:23 PM EDT
House started Flooding about 1...got it under control about 4:30...had to knock a hole in my brick fence to get the back yard to drain...just got back internet ... I never been so happy to have tile in my house as today, it's almost dry.

I am just north of White Rock. We had about 6 inches or rain in 12 hours, with 1-2 more expected tonite.

Anybody know where to get a fire-hose used or new Bought a sump pump but garden hose adapter just didn't cut it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:50:34 PM EDT
Bah, this rain wasn't that bad. I was stuck in San Antonion in October, 1998 when it dumped over 20 inches of rain in one day. Whole River Walk was flooded to the street level, lots of cars parked on streets were submerged. The River Walk mall was severely damaged. I35 North AND South were both completely shut down. You could not leave San Antonio. I was stuck in a hotel room. And the dumbasses were still trying to decide whether or not to cancel the high school football playoff games. Managed to sneak out the next day when a break in the rain allowed us to GTFO there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:59:43 PM EDT

My friggen apt is flooding. Stupid rain

You, sir, are a turd!

Your fellow Texans to the south haven't seen a good rain in over half a year (and don't stand much chance of seeing one in the forseeable future, either), and yet you're whining about your "misfortune"?

What's next – Got more money than you can spend? You wife is too purdy? Your car is too fast?

– Ski(we start water rationing any day now!)bane
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:11:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Skibane:

My friggen apt is flooding. Stupid rain

You, sir, are a turd!

Your fellow Texans to the south haven't seen a good rain in over half a year (and don't stand much chance of seeing one in the forseeable future, either), and yet you're whining about your "misfortune"?

What's next – Got more money than you can spend? You wife is too purdy? Your car is too fast?

– Ski(we start water rationing any day now!)bane

Send me your name and address and I'll mail all the WAHHHH-ter you can handle. All things are good in moderation. Hope you guys get rain soon, just not like this.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:28:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Drakich:
Bah, this rain wasn't that bad. I was stuck in San Antonion in October, 1998 when it dumped over 20 inches of rain in one day. Whole River Walk was flooded to the street level, lots of cars parked on streets were submerged. The River Walk mall was severely damaged. I35 North AND South were both completely shut down. You could not leave San Antonio. I was stuck in a hotel room. And the dumbasses were still trying to decide whether or not to cancel the high school football playoff games. Managed to sneak out the next day when a break in the rain allowed us to GTFO there.

Cancel a high school football game......and a playoff game no less?? It must have been bad.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:22:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CQToverVmatch:
Send me your name and address and I'll mail all the WAHHHH-ter you can handle.

Thanks for the kind sentiments, but please delay that shipment for the time being –

Not 30 minutes after I posted, San Antonio managed to wander into the path of a nice little thunderstorm that dumped measurable amounts of rain in the area!

Even though no precipitation was forecast for the entire upcoming week, the heavens opened up and delivered enough rain to transform our brown, smoldering crabgrass into a slightly-less-brown shade of smoldering crabgrass...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:37:26 PM EDT
Rain made a creek in our backyard and filled it up. Blew a hole in the fence and all the water went rushing out and down stream. Glad for the hole, if it wernt for that it would have come up to the house. Washed all the kids toys off. BIG toys, kiddy pool and even my sons 4 wheeler floated away! They thought it was funny !! they were at the window crackin up! "LOOK LOOK"! I would have been crying, if my toys started floating away. Look look, there gos my AR All were recovered a few hundred yards away. Good luck to all in the rain.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:41:16 AM EDT
we got a little rain...sorry to hear ya'll are floodin up there. hope ya'll get dry soon
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:03:27 AM EDT

Anybody know where to get a fire-hose used or new Bought a sump pump but garden hose adapter just didn't cut it.

Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, Tractor Supply and I think Lowes/Home Depot sell discharge hoses.

mm
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:02:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:36:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mm38:

Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, Tractor Supply and I think Lowes/Home Depot sell discharge hoses.

mm

Home Depot was out. Will try the others. Thanx.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:42:03 AM EDT
Well, I am alive. The whole complex had a lake in the backyard, so the maintence guy bought a sump pump and pumped the lake out for hours. The water receded, and I used a shop vac to finish off the kitchen. At least Im getting new carpet
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:20:58 AM EDT
good to hear
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:04:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By etexer:
I would have been crying, if my toys started floating away. Look look, there gos my AR All were recovered a few hundred yards away. Good luck to all in the rain.

Funny,

but my old roommate had 2 = AR's (late 70's Colt)
1 = .308 with brand new Trijicon 3-9x40
2 = Glocks & thats all I can think of right now
That got some lovely Chocolate City Water in it.

Man I would be crying too!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:09:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cajunconan:

I would have been crying, if my toys started floating away. Look look, there gos my AR All were recovered a few hundred yards away. Good luck to all in the rain.

Funny,

Man the is just wrong and extremely SUCKS !!

Guess there wont be any insurance he can recoup on those fine weapons ??
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:42:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By John11167:

Originally Posted By cajunconan:

Funny,

Man the is just wrong and extremely SUCKS !!

Guess there wont be any insurance he can recoup on those fine weapons ??

They are in line waiting to be repaired. But only one guy left that is reputable in South East LA. The insurance is not paying for much since he did not list them as being in his office instead of his house like the original insurance policy stated..... some kind of stupid legal loop hole??????
Top Top