Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 6:23:50 PM EDT
I just need to vent here

I was a paid member of this site last year but sadly gave it up because of lack of funding.

I wear my AR15.com shirt all the time and support this website whenever I can.

I posted two items for sale yesterday in the EE, made a reply this morning saying one was sold pending funds and to bump the topic because I forgot that you can actually edit here. You see, on another forum that I am on daily, you can only edit for the first 30 minutes, so understanding that, I made a reply telling everyone that my item had sold

Next thing I know the topic is flat out locked for 72h BTT violation, no warning no nothing!

Thank you so much.

Love and best wishes,
John
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I just figure that with all the stupid meaningless flame wars, product and personal bashing and other stupidity that is allowed on this forum on a daily basis, some lowly $30 WTS add "violation" like that would fall way under the radar…

NOPE
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:05:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You see, on another forum that I am on daily, you can only edit for the first 30 minutes, so understanding that, I made a reply telling everyone that my item had sold

This is ARFcom, not another forum. Rather than assuming all boards operate the same, did you read the sticky with Equip. Exchange Rules - MUST READ! in big bold type at the top of the WTS forums, before posting?

No reason to blame the mods for doing what mods do, if you failed to RTFM. If the mods enforce the rules selectively, they catch hell; if they enforce them universally, they still catch hell. No way to win that one...

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I already admitted to forgetting that you could edit posts indefinitely.

I think you need to re-read the post directly above yours shooter.

And you made your point once, after that, its just kicking sand in my face which I can’t say I appreciate in the slightest.

But hey thanks for reinforcing the rules and pointing out what was already made blatantly obvious to me
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#5]
FastSS- don't worry.  There are quite a few locked threads in the EE.

If I am reading this right, you replied with an "SPF" so who really cares?  I know you care, but it doesn't matter now.  

By the time you get the payment, you'll be able to edit the title to read SPF and it will be all done.  

Wait, did you post the two items in the same ad?  

And don't worry, it's not like they keep a record of your "locks."  You're not gonna mess up and get banned or anything...

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#7]
any tips staff?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:35:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:59:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I say blame the mods and break the rules!  The revolution starts here!!

If it gets out of hand and we change our minds, we blame Wilson for the whole mess.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:04:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top