Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2004 5:11:14 PM EDT
So here it goes. I am riding home on the train this evening, and standing by the center doors on the train. When my stop approaches, I walk back to the door at the end of the car. An important detail is that at the center door, there was really no one there. When I walk back, I have too stand behind some people. Now for the interesting part. The conductor stares at me and says "You could have been the 2nd person out that door, or the 8th out this one."  To which I reply "are you talking to me?" Then he procedes to say to the people around him, people like me make the train late for it's other stops.  

So the train stops and of coure I am probaly the 8th person out that door. As I step off, I tell him "you better watch running your mouth."

Now I can't wait what kind of shit he gives me when I see him tomorrow night  

Do you guys think I should have kept my mouth shut? I was really burning up
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah I know, I think tomorrow I should keep my mouth shut. I know he is going to say something to me.

This guys is a dick though, he talks shit all the time to people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Maybe you need to have a magazine with a big picture of a gun on the cover, when you get on the train.  

Why I do that all the time, maybe that's why I get to sit three across with no one next to me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Working NYPD Transit, I can tell you that's a major pet peeve with the conductors.  They can't understand why everyone trys to get through one door when others are open.  It all a time table with them.

Don't sweat it.  He's miserable.  Imagine if you had to sit in a small box all day for work.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So the train stops and of coure I am probaly the 8th person out that door. As I step off, I tell him "you better watch running your mouth."

Yeah, I think that you overreacted.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:24:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Tape recorder or hidden video camera!  Record his actions and comments, and send them into NJT or whoever he works for.  Most people will get tired of getting reprimanded after a few months of stuff being sent into their company that is documenting someones attitude.  If enough gets sent in, he could loose his job or get sent to a shit job that requires no customer service.

Bill H.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:53:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Tape recorder or hidden video camera!  Record his actions and comments, and send them into NJT or whoever he works for.  Most people will get tired of getting reprimanded after a few months of stuff being sent into their company that is documenting someones attitude.  If enough gets sent in, he could loose his job or get sent to a shit job that requires no customer service.

Bill H.

Now that's a good idea.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#9]
My commute involves about 8 miles of country driving (watch out for the deer, enjoy the views of big rolling hills and cornfields). Depending on which route I take, (all backroads into Syracuse compared to a county route), maybe ZERO traffic, followed by 7 miles of usually minor traffic. Typically a ~20-25 minute drive.

Tough to take
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:09:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Thread Hijack....My commute takes 4 minutes in a company car.  I can literally wake up, do the 3 Ss and make it to work in less 15 minutes.

BTW, Why isn't there an exit door and entrance door?  Wouldn't that be quicker?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So here it goes. I am riding home on the train this evening, and standing by the center doors on the train. When my stop approaches, I walk back to the door at the end of the car. An important detail is that at the center door, there was really no one there. When I walk back, I have too stand behind some people. Now for the interesting part. The conductor stares at me and says "You could have been the 2nd person out that door, or the 8th out this one."  To which I reply "are you talking to me?" Then he procedes to say to the people around him, people like me make the train late for it's other stops.  

Now I can't wait what kind of shit he gives me when I see him tomorrow night  

S, You really want to annoy him everyday for now on. Be the last off the stop , give 'em a smile and stare at him as you leave.Do not say a word.You will be creeping him out sooner or later
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Tie a nice long piece of rope to a pole. Lasso his head as goes by, flip him the bird.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#13]
The company I drive truck for has a terminal in East Brunswick, NJ and from time to time I will catch the train from Rutgers up to Manhattan to go visit family.

This one time (no, not at band camp ) I had stayed late having taken my cousin who lives in the Village to get some chinese for dinner.

After exchanging good byes, I hiked back up to Penn Station and got on the train back to NJ.

It had been a long day, and lots of walking in NYC (think I went over the the USS Intrepid musuem this time...) and was dead tired.

So I'm fading in and out of a light sleep when I hear over the PA "Next stop, Elizabeth!" so I grab my stuff and jump off at the platform.  IN ELIZABETH!!!.

Now this was late October/early November.  Nice enough all day without a coat, but at 11:00 PM the wind and the snow started and those familiar know train service is anything but "regular" this time of the night!

I found the schedule and I had to wait another hour for the next local train!! Damn!

Learned my lesson that time, but... I forgot what it was
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Tape and Video good idea but he has to instigate don't you start
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#15]
The other morning I called in a complaint. On their hats they wear a pin that identifies either conductor or asst., and an ID #. That night he wasn't wearing the pin, I mentioned that when I called in the morn. That evening he did't say a word, and was wearing a pin. Don't know if they spoke to him or if it was a coincedence.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:29:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The other morning I called in a complaint.  

Follow up with a letter complaint stating that he does not always wear an ID number, and the next day he was wearing it.  I know for a fact that if you call a complaint in on some people and they have friends, the complaint will get lost.  
If you send in a letter, they must reply.

Bill H.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top