Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/11/2007 11:20:13 PM EDT
hey guys, my car was stolen from outside sears in the columbia center mall in kennewick. Id appreciate if you guys kept your eyes open. Its a blue honda del sol with black rims. Was stolen by two hispanic guys in a white honda CRX with dark tinted windows. Thanks.

P.S. this sucks. no theft insurance and I'm out of the one thing that really did make me happy....

Link Posted: 8/11/2007 11:26:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn... That does suck donkey balls... I guess I have as much chance of seeing it over here... I'll keep a look out for it
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 11:36:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I really do appreciate it.... I just can't even believe this...
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:10:53 AM EDT
[#3]
How much if we recover the smoking girl with the tank top???  

Sorry, I'm poking fun at your loss... That does suck and I'm sorry about it.. I hope they find that it was just two punks going for a joy ride and no harm comes to your car...

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:23:48 AM EDT
[#4]
You have a Honda without theft insurance????

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:05:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That's what I was going to say

Live way west of you.. no real chance of me seeing it. Hope you find it though, it looks like a nice car

That and it's the russians that steal them here
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I hope your car is in one peice AND not beat up If the guys that stole it have 2 brain cells the car will already be stripped since a 10 and 12mm wrench is all you need. I think your best is to look for parts on one of these honda forums.  

http://www.honda-tech.com/

http://www.hondaforums.com/

http://www.superhonda.com/
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:16:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry about your loss, Next time you get a car you don't want to loose, put a hidden kill switch on it. Hook the kill switch to something like the coil. So it still turns over but does not start.

A few years ago I had a cool 4x4, that did not need a key for the ignition to start, but had a kill switch. The would be thieves pushed it as far as they could from the house to the base of a hill, & proceeded to kill the battery. I didn't even lock the doors on the truck so there was no damage besides a drained battery.

about ten yours ago I had a POS Toyota 4x4 that I just bought with two flat tires and would not start. I went out trucking for a few weeks came back and it was long gone, go figure.

Over the years I have had about 4 cars stollen but only one of them was nice and new.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#8]
There are certain people who seem to think they deserve whatever we own.

I had better stop typing now.

Won't change my feelings any, but it will save me some typing.

The whole not typing/speaking thing proves my point, though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#9]
They're just stealing cars that americans won't.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I will keep an eye out in West Richland, although I think you would have better luck finding it on the other side of the other river.

How do you know who took it?  
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#11]
If they are as proficient as the cock smoking trash that stole my Civic Si, it was totally stripped in less than three hours.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Im not trying to be mean but.....

Im willing to bet that car is cut up and sold off allready, or on a container ship.

Since the Russians like to steal them and ship them off around here, Im guessing yours is already apart of a dozen different kids cars by now.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.  Dude, why didn't you have it insured?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably because it was a 1994, and the insurance costs way to much until something like this happens.

I've got a 1993 and 1997 vehicles and there is no way i'm paying for full coverage, but it's a chance you take.

Hopefully it was just taken for a joy ride and you'll find it out in the desert or along the road somewhere.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably because it was a 1994, and the insurance costs way to much until something like this happens.

I've got a 1993 and 1997 vehicles and there is no way i'm paying for full coverage, but it's a chance you take.

Hopefully it was just taken for a joy ride and you'll find it out in the desert or along the road somewhere.

Steve

But do you have a HONDA?
#1 stolen car in the state, and most likely to be parted out?

We will keep an eye out, good luck.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve

But do you have a HONDA?
#1 stolen car in the state, and most likely to be parted out?

We will keep an eye out, good luck.

No, but still the extra $500+/yr probably was not affordable to the OP.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#17]
If its not already parted out, they probably dumped in an apartment complex in the area, I'd cruise around for a couple hours, take note of what tow co signs are posted and call them up, note who/when you spoke with, because even if they took it as a private impound they may give the standard answer "no, we don't have it" , then in a few days you'll get the letter in the mail saying its been impounded, this way they get a couple more days storage fee outta ya. Not all tow co's do it but I know of a couple that have done so.  Good luck.

ps. I assume it hasn't yet been impounded, otherwise the police would have notified you of it when they tried to enter the vehicle as stolen, they would get the impound record hit.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
They're just stealing cars that americans won't.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
my car was stolen  in kennewick....by two hispanic guys

Say it isn't so!

Welcome to the WAHTF, stop by again.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#20]
So far, door dings, rust and the odd dent have worked for me, knock on wood.

That and staying away from anything on the stolen car hot list.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I will keep an eye out for it.

Sauramen
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is probably not helping the OP feel any better.  I'm sure the lesson learned was felt long before they posted the problem here.  I hate to be an asshole, but there it is.

I hope that you can get your car back.  It is a serious violation to have this happen to you.

Did you have any keys to your house in the car?  If so, you might want to see about getting your locks changed, as they now have a key and your address (from the state registration papers or any myriad things you might have had in the car with your address on it).
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd keep my eyes on craigslist too. If they're stupid enough to try to sell the entire thing, it'd be fairly easy to find it. If they part it out on CL, you might be able to catch it too. Anyway, good luck!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I will keep an eye out for it.

Sauramen

Hahhaha...

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:35:48 AM EDT
[#25]
okay, so they found the car yesterday.
I know I should have had theft insurance but im only 19, and I have a couple tickets and couldnt affor comprehensive...

I think they saw the black rims and stole the car assuming it had other expensive parts... it did not. it was bone stock. They stole the rims and tires, grafitied everything with s13 or soemthing like that, some local hispanic gang. They punched or othewise dented everybody panel, and ruined the trunk so it wont open.. ill put pics up later..

Yakima sheriffs office found it ditched and some fuckass towing company from sunnyside is charging me over $400 to get the car back...

Along with renting a car dolly to get it home, and borrowing rims from my friend who has a spare set, im in for over $500 just to see if it is salvagable...

im waaaaaay more pissed off now that it was found like that than i was when i stole it. They stole it just to ruin it? no fucking respect for anything.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:36:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
How much if we recover the smoking girl with the tank top???  

Sorry, I'm poking fun at your loss... That does suck and I'm sorry about it.. I hope they find that it was just two punks going for a joy ride and no harm comes to your car...

haha, my ex-Girlfriend. pls do no recover. do not resuccitate
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Damn that sucks man
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:01:27 AM EDT
[#28]
ms-13 maybe? ms-13 = mexican mafia

Other than the dented panels the car is ok......or driveable at least? You can usually find a couple Del sol's in the junkyard so you may be able to find some cheap parts for what can't get fixed.

Sorry to hear about the damage, did they fingerprint the car?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:29:12 AM EDT
[#29]
You're lucky....

My Sister's (Stock) Civic was stolen
Before it was stolen, it looked pretty much like this:

When they found it, it looked like this:

A friend of mine's car was taken a while back.

Before it was stolen, it Looked like this:

When the found it, it looked like this:

Again, it sucks but it could have been worse.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
You're lucky....

My Sister's (Stock) Civic was stolen
Before it was stolen, it looked pretty much like this:
lescarsandtrucks.com/Honda_Civic_DX_Sedan_1993_White.jpg

When they found it, it looked like this:
i6.tinypic.com/1zb73te.jpg

A friend of mine's car was taken a while back.

Before it was stolen, it Looked like this:
www.canadiandriver.com/articles/gw/images/01santa_fe_x.jpg

When the found it, it looked like this:

mac.mcternen.com/sites/McTernen/MISC/BEN/_w/image001_jpg.jpg
mac.mcternen.com/sites/McTernen/MISC/BEN/_w/image002_jpg.jpg
mac.mcternen.com/sites/McTernen/MISC/BEN/_w/image003_jpg.jpg
mac.mcternen.com/sites/McTernen/MISC/BEN/_w/image004_jpg.jpg

Again, it sucks but it could have been worse.

oh noes!!!!111!!

red x stikes again.

My wife has a Honda Pilot and we went with all that extra theft insurance stuff.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Mara Salvatrucha MS-13 is a Salvadoran gang, at least in its origins and leadership.  The "13" in the name is a reference that pays homage to a California prison gang, the "Mexican Mafia".  "Mara" comes from La Mara, a violent street gang in El Salvador, and Salvatruchas, a term used to denote members of the Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front.

Many of their early members were deported back to El Salvado from the LA area.  The El Salvadoran government imprisoned them, allowing them a place to plan, develop and recruit new members.

The gang has become on of the biggest problems in Central America, having spread from El Salvador to Guatamala and Honduras.  It is known for being ruthless and violent in their actions.  Because many of their founding members had experience or training in guerilla warfare, they gained a level of sophistication and violence that superseded their rivals.

In Honduras they kidnapped and murdered the son of the President.  They continue to commit acts of violence and mass murder as taunts to the governments.  They have expanded into Mexico where they are considered a threat to national security.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#32]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Mara Salvatrucha MS-13 is a Salvadoran gang,

Good correction.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#33]
The letter "13" reference used alone used to simply refer to the 13th letter of the alphabet, which is the first letter in the words Mexican, Mafia, and Murder.  Origins are SoCal street gang graffiti.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#34]
wow.... this bites, but it could have been worse! Theft insurance and many many many anti-theft tricks are in store before it ever leaves the garage.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#36]
they tried but failed to enter the trunk. ive got to replace the front fenders, remove the spray paint, fix the ignition, replace the air cleaner, buy new rims and tires, those one are my friends spares, replace all the wheel studs, all are either broken or stripped, and then anti-theft it. Thank god they didnt break any glass or slash any interior. im not sure what their motives where, half seems destruction, but why leave the interior untouched?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#37]
I dont believe that is refering to ms13 but rather surenos 13/sur 13 which is another mexican gang steming from LA area and the california prisons and has now spread.ther is alot of surenos13  in east tacoma now. i believe surenos means southsiders and its like a subsection to the mexican mafia(or lower on the chain than mm).

That sucks about your car man i fucking hate theives.. disrespect something that you worked hard for.. and for what? fuckin pricks...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#38]
PoPos might have found it before they got a chance to finish it.  I like the foot prints that they left behind.  Looks like the shoes that they would where.  Fucking scumbags! Does anyone know what the graffiti means??????

I wonder if the car was left in an area controlled by the Norteños gang????????
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#39]
SUR 13

It was a gang for sure.  Question is what caused them to target your vehicle?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
SUR 13

It was a gang for sure.  Question is what caused them to target your vehicle?

+1, scarry they are up here and that brazen. Like they don't care who knows who they are. Your best question was WHY Meszues?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#41]
nothing. never do no harm to anyone... especially not bangers....
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
nothing. never do no harm to anyone... especially not bangers....

Play it safe for a while.  You just never know.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Clean it up, sell it to another highschool girl, and go buy a truck.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Note the F Norte on the back window and the numerous 13 placed prominently about the vehicle.

What you have there is some southern CA transplants who are affiliated with eMe or the Mexican Mafia, the F Norte is indicative of the hatred they share for a gang who broke off from eMe  a few decades ago. These people were children of migrant workers. La Nuestra Familia (the new family) as they called themselves are just like the people from the south and are only a separate entity because they were looked down upon by the cholos from LA since they were (rural). To make up for this the Nortes or 14 try to be especially brutal when dealing with other Surenos from the south.

They may have gotten a description of the car as belonging to a Norte or more likely they are kids who were joy riding and are simply claiming set. I vote #2 because most of the kids there are gonna have migrant workers as family. Oh the Irony!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:01:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

(Superintendent Chalmers discovers someone has vandalized his car.)
Superintendent Chalmers: My H has been stolen! Awww, that's how people know its a Honda. Why would you drive a Honda if you can't show it off?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/yaba3800/DSCN7039.jpg

www.xtreme-simpsons.de/pics/whoiswho/chalmers.gif
Superintendent Chalmers: My H has been stolen! Awww, that's how people know its a Honda. Why would you drive a Honda if you can't show it off?

haha, I cant believe those bastards stole my honda symbol.. how sad...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im betting it is on a chain around some short dudes neck as we type...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im betting it is on a chain around some short dudes neck as we type...

And if you find him, kick the symbol as hard as you can to make a permanent H in his chest just so he can show the grandkids.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Jeez, I'm speechless.
But the gang activity in your area is well documented.
Just another by-product of the gov's inaction in dealing with illegals.

Several years ago I had a Toyota Landcruiser Wagon stolen while I watched a movie.
The cop taking the report was quick to the point.
He said since my truck was rare is was probably being stripped for parts as we spoke.
Seems the gang bangers would use public transit to go to the malls and steal cars.

Congrats on getting in back.
It'll buff right out.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#50]
If you have to repaint the car, I would recommend a different color, and try to get a new license plate from the county auditor.

If it helps at all, we have a Clifford alarm system, we have had some very minor problems with it, but it will cut off the ignition of the car, even if they strip the steering column covers off, car no go.  If they pop the hood and cut the wires for the alarm siren and pull the fuse for the black box, they still can't steal the car, but they will have all the contents of the car.

Is there any personal information missing that you last believe to be in the car?  ID theft is big business, and there might be a lot of personal info in the car they could have in their possession now.

ETA:  More than you probably want to know about the graffiti on your car here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top