Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2003 10:15:14 AM EDT
Dear Lying, Liberal Assholes,

(OK, I really didn't start it like that)

From today’s Capital Times front-page article: “Showdown is looming as Assembly OKs gun bill”

(www.madison.com/captimes/news/stories/60635.php)

"I'd hate to think if there were a lot of persons with concealed weapons" during last weekend's Halloween disturbance on State Street, Doyle said. Madison police said they were slow in confronting the unruly crowd because they saw a man carrying a gun, who was later arrested with a 9-mm semiautomatic pistol.

This story is in contradiction to what you had previously reported:

From the Monday, November 3, 2003 Capital Times article: “Some Point Finger At Minnesotans For State St. Mess”

(www.madison.com/archives/read.php?ref=tct:2003:11:03:286704:FRONT)

A Milwaukee man, Timothy L. Moody, 21, was arrested for allegedly carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct while armed as police were breaking up a fight on State Street around 3 a.m. Saturday.

Police said as they were breaking up the skirmish one person ran from the scene and refused to stop for officers. When they caught up to Moody they found he was carrying a loaded 9-mm handgun.

Now I am certain, that given your reputation for even-keeled and unrelenting journalistic honesty, that had there been a whole TWO people arrested on State Street this Halloween for carrying 9mm pistols, today’s unbiased “reporter” would be banging that little tidbit like an old tin pan.  I mean, if one thing were good for reinforcing your negative stance on the Personal Protection Amendment bill currently working it’s way through the State Capital, two of the same things would be even better, right?

In the first instance, the police are reluctant to approach an unruly crowd, and in the original story, the police are right in the middle of it breaking up a fight.  Two exciting scenarios – one agenda: What to do?

One can only assume that in order to save your fans the unpleasantness of having to piece together your news outlet’s real agenda - a “blending of stories” occurred to hopefully alleviate a desire for anything but The Capital Times version of the truth.

I hate you,

Dolomite
Milwaukee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top