Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2006 9:24:47 PM EDT
I went back home for Xmas and had some fun with my Muzzle Loader.

This one was at 113 yards and ran 29 yards.

This one was on the run, I leaded him little high and shot him in the neck, would of been a nice mount too

Last day at the farm did some Rabbit hunting with a Red Tailed Hawk.

2 hours later didn't find a god damn Rabbit.  But it was a hell of a trip.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 9:51:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that looks like fun
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:18:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Now that is some cool shit!!

How did he get that Hawk? I have 2 Red Tails living on the back of my property. I stand out there and he won't land on my arm? I use the big welding glove and everything??!!?!?

jj
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 4:37:06 AM EDT
[#3]
That is so awesome!  Very nice deer by the way.  Where is the farm?  Looks like some great hunting land!

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 4:45:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i146.photobucket.com/albums/r264/Savage2469/IMG_1951.jpg

Now that is some cool shit!!

How did he get that Hawk? I have 2 Red Tails living on the back of my property. I stand out there and he won't land on my arm? I use the big welding glove and everything??!!?!?

jj

Gotta dnagle your meat as a lure.  

Way cool pics Soulja.  How did your bud get started in falconry?

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#5]
It's one hell of a hobby and very time consuming. Here are the steps:

1. Falconry Class
2. Pass the test
3. Capture one
4. Care and Training
5. Get a sponsor ( hardest part)
6. you keep it for 2 years then the big field test (controlling, hunting,landing and whatever the sponsor and judges tell you to do), pass or fail you have to release it.  Failed you have to go back to step 3-6 again until you and your bird pass the test, then you have to release again.  Once you passed the initial test you have a choice of keeping your next bird forever or release it and get another one.  

This one is his third one and she is doing good so far. His first one was KIA by a fucking farmer 5 doors down (he ended up paying a $5000 fines for shooting protected bird and he almost got some slugs in him too).  His second one was the coolest,  Prince would hover above your head and follow you (The Beast Master).

I'm thinking about doing it next year but I'm not ready to get rid of my shooting habit yet

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 7:44:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm thinking about doing it next year but I'm not ready to get rid of my shooting habit yet

thius can work out in your favor.....teach him to retrieve your target papers for you
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, I wish I had a Falcon.  I would take him to work with me every day, and launch him at the eyes of coworkers and clients who challenge my authority.  That is even cooler then a suppressor!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Damn, I wish I had a Falcon.  I would take him to work with me every day, and launch him at the eyes of coworkers and clients who challenge my authority.  That is even cooler then a suppressor!!

I can picture it now, just like the episode of King of the Hill when Dale tried doing falconry and every time the hood was taken off it would attck Bill
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Anybody want to trade Cans for Hawks?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I agree, I think I would rather have a bad ass hawk than a can. Thats cool.

So if I got one, could I bring him into the shop and pull him out every time someone asked me if the wall of ARs is legal?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:
So if I got one, could I bring him into the shop and pull him out every time someone asked me if the wall of ARs is legal?

Now I know what to ask next time I see you in the shop....
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, that is some pretty cool stuff.  

I have to ask though, how do you go about catching a hawk?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top