Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 6:22:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow. 19 and a set of brass nuggets on him already. Give him my best regards.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Wow. 19 and a set of brass nuggets on him already. Give him my best regards.

I will.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank your son for his bravery and service to our country.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thank your son for his bravery and service to our country.

Indeed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell him i said Thank You for protecting our country and our freedom. Also tell him to thank his fellow soldiers/heroes for me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell him thank you for me.  It's the medal no one in combat wants to earn, and he's earned it twice.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Tell him thank you for me.  It's the medal no one in combat wants to earn, and he's earned it twice.

Thanks, I will.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Please thank him for me.

ARH

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Semper Fi!!!!!

I still owe him a Ryan's dinner, when ever he is ready and in the area.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:52:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:09:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Wow, Dennis.  I know you're proud and you should be.  Glad to hear his wounds weren't too severe.  We keep him and some other folks we know over there in our daily prayers.  

Thanks Book, I do appreciate it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:47:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Tell Him thanks an Semper Fi from me!

Next time hes in town let me know and I will buy him a beer. I would like to meet him. Theres very few Iraqi vets here especially Jarheads. What unit is he with? I would like to get together with him and find out what things are like over there now.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Ditto on everything everyone has already said.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:49:24 AM EDT
[#14]
When he had first went, I had sent him e-mails from time to time. I have not heard from him in quite a while. I am glad to hear that he is okay.

Tell him that I will make good on my offer of a cooler full of beer.

Thank you for your sacrifice and his.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:51:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Thank him for me, also.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Send him my gratitude as well.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Really dad, it was nothing.  Got blown out of the Hummer.  A little concussion, pretty standard stuff.  Got worse playing football.

Semper Fi, Marine!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
When he had first went, I had sent him e-mails from time to time. I have not heard from him in quite a while. I am glad to hear that he is okay.

Tell him that I will make good on my offer of a cooler full of beer.

Thank you for your sacrifice and his.

I will tell him and thanks guys!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Really dad, it was nothing.  Got blown out of the Hummer.  A little concussion, pretty standard stuff.  Got worse playing football.

Semper Fi, Marine!

I take it your the son? To me its not that you got the medals. Its that you put your ass on the line to get the medals. So many "Kids" these days think they are more important than the liberties and freedoms that we have so they are not willing to defend them. As a Veteran some poeple think I am wierd that I thank other vets for doing the same thing that I did. But I am more thanking them for standing up and defending our freedoms and to me its wierd being called a vet. I just followed my dreams and managed not to get my ass shot off in the process
Once again thank you and Semper Fidelis, MARINE!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Pat that boy on the back and give him a hearty "thank you" for me, Dennis.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Heroes tell not their deeds thats why he said nothing....
You sir have sired an honorable young man...
A wonderful Christmas to you and yours
Speed and family
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Semper Fi, Marine!

I take it your the son? To me its not that you got the medals. Its that you put your ass on the line to get the medals. So many "Kids" these days think they are more important than the liberties and freedoms that we have so they are not willing to defend them. As a Veteran some poeple think I am wierd that I thank other vets for doing the same thing that I did. But I am more thanking them for standing up and defending our freedoms and to me its wierd being called a vet. I just followed my dreams and managed not to get my ass shot off in the process

Thanks again for the kind words.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Heroes tell not their deeds thats why he said nothing....
You sir have sired an honorable young man...
A wonderful Christmas to you and yours
Speed and family

I couldn't have said it better. P806, hope the holidays go well. Thank your son from another VET.  May your bullets fly straight and true,  cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Relieved to find your son's OK.  Just another reason to get you and your son and your nice family something next time...many thanks for tweaking with my crooked FAL.

Much obliged.
hh

ETA: Happy holidays!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Wardawg, thanks bro! and will do.

Graziani, thanks and I love tweaking on FALs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Semper Fi, Marine!

No, I'm not the son, just awfully impressed by him.  I thought about joining the Marines after high school, but I let some physical ailments convince me not to.  If I didn't have such a wonderful wife and kids, my choice not to join would be the great regret of my life.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Semper Fi, Marine!

No, I'm not the son, just awfully impressed by him.  I thought about joining the Marines after high school, but I let some physical ailments convince me not to.  If I didn't have such a wonderful wife and kids, my choice not to join would be the great regret of my life.

Don't let that be a regret Sir, I tried so hard to talk my son out of joining the Corps because I knew he would see combat.  He just had to follow a family tradition of atleast one in every generation in my family served in the Corps.  And this tradition goes back 5 generations.  This said, I'm none the less so proud of him.  It does concern me that he will do atleast one or two mre tours in a combat zone.  I will worry.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:42:55 AM EDT
[#28]
shot up, then blown up, but still walking, talking and shooting back?

You build some tough folks in your family, Dennis!

Thanks to both of you.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#29]
p806
my dad told me the hardest thing he has ever had to do was let me leave. Just as his father told him and his told him. I am number 4. He told me that he didnt want me to go and he would go a million times in my place. But he understood I was following a dream just as he did. But he knew that these dreams always end in nightmares I felt the same fear the whole time one of my closest friends was over there everytime you hear "Marine dies in firefight" Your heart drops. I was on the phone with my old unit everytime I heard that asking who it was before they released it to the press. Thats one thing I didnt want to have to tell his parents. Then he calls me a few weeks ago and tells me he requested orders to Afghanistan! Luckily he got deinied and they want to send him to OCS.........But then again he'll be an officer I dunno which is worse!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:40:15 AM EDT
[#30]
P806 - Thank you for rasing such a fine, outstanding child. And, most importantly, thank you son for his service. Please tell him how proud WE are of him and all of his fellow soliders.

Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Please thank him for his service!

May God continue to watch over him and keep him safe.

Accountant
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:26:18 AM EDT
[#32]
God bless him, Dennis.  Congratulations on having such a fine son.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#33]
I have been thinking about both of you- Take care!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I have been thinking about both of you- Take care!

Thanks Vincent.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#36]
P806

Thank you for raising him right and thank him for his service.

Semper Fidelis!

The Bald Monk and Family
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top