Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 6:49:07 PM EDT
I just picked up my new WMD (weapon of minimal destruction) today. Its a 10/22 converted to shoot .17mach2.

There's a guy down near Newport that is building these guns. Its got all Power Custom internals. The trigger is one of the crispest breaking triggers I've shot.

I'm not quite sure why I bought it, but I managed to convince myself I needed it for small game. I topped it with a Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40mm (Which by the way is an amazing scope!)

Now, does anyone know where I can go tomorrow to sight it in (100yds)?

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks amazing.  I'm here in Newport right now enjoying the beach and weather, first time I've seen the sun in a while, does the guy have a shop?  I'd be interested in checking out his work.  Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did that setup run itemized?

As far as the 100yd range goes, I found an indoor range that's 100 yards.  Just not sure you wanna stick around much longer than the 1st or 2nd shot.

Thanks,
Brian
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks nice.  I assume that has the tungsten carrier?  As far as sigthing in, some ranges are open on Sunday, or you can head up to the woods.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Brian-
Steve does not have a shop but you can catch him at Varmint Extreme. He'll be at the March PDX show.

I haven't really added everything up yet so this is going to be painful.
$695 Rifle
$350 Scope
$60 Leupold Rings
------------------
$1105  ok, I'm gonna go get a beer and sit down, that was painful. But shooting it sure is fun

I am thinking about having the barrel threaded for a supressor, although spending that money may not be worth it because there is not a subsonic load- nor will there be-ever. I'm guessing the noise reduction would not be worth it.

It does have an upgraded carrier but I'm not sure if it's tungsten or not.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:05:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Ziess, that's a beautiful 10/22 stock.  Where did you get it?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:01:53 AM EDT
[#6]
It's a Revival stock. The finish and detail on the wood is great. Very ergonomical. Revival Stocks
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Beautiful gun.  And kudos on converting it to .17.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#8]
My 10/22 has all Power Custom Titanuim guts.  Yup. Pretty sweet trigger pull.

Looking for a new scope.  Trying to keep it as lightweight as possible...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Ziess - That's fooken sweet.  

It's shocking how fast the cash register rings when you're buying quality, but that's gotta be a real tack driver.

Let me know if you want to make a trip to TriCounty Gun Club, I'd be happy to take you as my guest.  (Email works best.)

How much is ammor for the Hummer?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top