Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2014 2:54:15 PM EST
Here is my 14.5 fluted 5.56 Bergara barrel I got from Sportsman's guide when they were blowing them out for $89 for club members.

It shoots better than the sights will let it, and I can shoot irons pretty well.

I used a PSA blem upper and lower, YHM lightweight free float handguard, and an A1-A2 bare buffer tube with a 1 inch rubber cane tip I picked up at Walgreens.

Missouri's wildlife code defines a pistol as a firearm with a barrel under 16 inches, so technically a registered SBR would be legal during the alternative weapons season, I just don't want to spend the $200 to SBR it.

This opens up an entire extra week that I can hunt as my job doesn't allow me to take off during the regular firearms deer season.

I put a foam cover on the buffer tube, but it was too thick to rack the charging handle. I saw a buffer tube wrapped in paracord, so I may try that after I learn how to do the wrap.

What do ya think?

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:07:16 PM EST
not too bad

Originally Posted By BigHunt:...Missouri's wildlife code defines a pistol as a firearm with a barrel under 16 inches, so technically a registered SBR would be legal during the alternative weapons season, I just don't want to spend the $200 to SBR it....
View Quote

hmm, I wonder if you did use a SBR if DNR would say it is a rifle (per ATF's description) even if the barrel was under 16"? I wouldn't take the chance.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:21:03 PM EST
I'm diggin' it.

But how does it balance in the hands with all that real estate on the north end of it?

Ruckus
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:36:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2014 7:38:22 PM EST by DmacRTCo]

My 8.25" 300 black upper for my new deer hunting pistol should be here tomorrow!
I used a sig brace on my lower for the build though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:57:29 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DmacRTCo:

My 8.25" 300 black upper for my new deer hunting pistol should be here tomorrow!
I used a sig brace on my lower for the build though.
View Quote

SIG Brace for the win...
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:15:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2014 8:18:01 PM EST by com-guy]
Originally Posted By ws-6:
not too bad

hmm, I wonder if you did use a SBR if DNR would say it is a rifle (per ATF's description) even if the barrel was under 16"? I wouldn't take the chance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ws-6:
not too bad

Originally Posted By BigHunt:...Missouri's wildlife code defines a pistol as a firearm with a barrel under 16 inches, so technically a registered SBR would be legal during the alternative weapons season, I just don't want to spend the $200 to SBR it....

MO statutes does not define a handgun or pistol. They define a "concealable weapon" as a weapon with a barrel less than 16" in length. They also define a "rifle" as a weapon adapted to be fired from the shoulder.

So while a SBR has a barrel of less than 16", it is adapted to be fired from the shoulder; so it would not be legal for the "alternative methods" portion.

ETA: Oooohh, by the way; nice shootin stick. I had an AR pistol for a while, but didn't shoot it much till I got the stamp and put a buttstock on it.
Top Top