Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 2:16:16 AM EDT
Woke a little while ago to emergency trucks.  Went outside and saw my  neighbor's house totally envolved in fire.  I pray his children got out.

Please, everyone here, put new smoke detector batteries in today if you haven't done it in the last 6 months.  You are several times more likely to have a house fire than a burglary.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Update?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Where's this located?

I was coming down Ronald Reagan Pkwy this afternoon and noticed smoke?

TD
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Update?

House burned to the foundation.  Everyone got out alive, but saved nothing including even 1 set of clothes.  The kids made it out wrapped only in a blanket.

Red Cross rep was on hand before sunup and took care of clothes and lodging for the family.

The dogs (3) are fine, they stay outside.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Update?

House burned to the foundation.  Everyone got out alive, but saved nothing including even 1 set of clothes.  The kids made it out wrapped only in a blanket.

Red Cross rep was on hand before sunup and took care of clothes and lodging for the family.

The dogs (3) are fine, they stay outside.

Glad to hear they made it out OK.  I lost everything once when somebody drove off in my U-haul.  Sucks to lose all your worldly possessions, but great to have everybody safe and sound.  How young are the kids?  Maybe some of us have kids clothes and toys that will help them get started.

I change the batteries in my smoke detectors on my wife's birthday (4th of July).  I hope everybody else picks a day that is easy to remember and does the same thing.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#5]
One boy is about 12-13 and he had a set of drums (ask me how I know)

Of course, they are ashes now.  The family doesn't have a lot of money, so I doubt the drum set will be replaced.  I'd rather see the boy home playing his drums than "hanging with his buds".

Also have a 15 year old daughter.

They left so fast that they did not take any keys with them.  2 of their 3 cars are unusable till they get a locksmith to make themk some keys.  The father was half way to work when he heard his house was on fire.  

Your whole life can change in just a few minutes..........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top