Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/3/2006 6:45:42 PM EDT
Yesterday I went to Reiters to do some Quad riding. I always carry my Glock 20 with me when I'm riding, ne matter where I go. I have one of those Uncle Mike's Kydex holsters for my Glock. After several hours of Quading I came back to the parking lot and loaded my Quad into the back of my truck. As I was packing up my gear I removed my holster from my belt and the damn thing spun around on one screw. That was all that was holding it together. I came very close to losing me beloved Glock 20 due to the threaded inserts coming loose on my holster. I'll go to Lowes or home Depot and get some replacement screws and loctite the damn things in place with the super strong red shit. Bottom Line: If you have a kydex holster and you want to keep your gun, check the screws every once in a while to make sure they're tight.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:51:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RedDawg6:
I'll go to Lowes or home Depot and get some replacement screws and loctite the damn things in place with the super strong red shit. Bottom Line: If you have a kydex holster and you want to keep your gun, check the screws every once in a while to make sure they're tight.

Personally, I'd be looking for a new holster...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:45:27 PM EDT
Knowing that I know now, even if I got a new holster I would take it apart and put loctite in the screw threads.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:51:42 PM EDT
I just zip-tie my pistol to my belt... I never lose it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:36:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:16:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Stokes:
Adjustable holsters, by their very nature, will never be secure. Paddle holsters, by their very nature, will never be secure. Plastic holsters, by their very nature, will never be secure.

A plastic gun is on the very edge of acceptable, but a plastic, adustable, paddle holster is just waiting for a chance to fail.

But come on, a plastic gun just feels at home in a plastic holster.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:38:23 PM EDT
I took it to SAM'S and they got some new screws and threaded inserts for me. I took it home and Loctited the SOB and I'm sure it won't come loose now. I've also ordered a chest holster which will become my primary carry rig when I'm Quad riding and camping. That will solve the problem.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:55:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stokes:
Adjustable holsters, by their very nature, will never be secure. Paddle holsters, by their very nature, will never be secure. Plastic holsters, by their very nature, will never be secure.

A plastic gun is on the very edge of acceptable, but a plastic, adustable, paddle holster is just waiting for a chance to fail.

Damm Stokes, you sound just like Jeff Cooper..

Top Top