Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 12:26:15 PM EDT
After waiting two weeks for my new mail order bride to get here, I was able to pick her up this afternoon. She's a CZ SP-01 Phantom.

The SP-01 Phantom is the polymer framed version of the classic CZ75, in SA/DA with a decocker. It was recently chosen as the new side arm for all Czech Armed Forces and National Police Forces.

She has a 4.7" barrel and and a capacity of 18+1 9mm rounds. I think I'm going to prefer the smaller backstrap, but won't be sure until I have a chance to take her to the range for a workout on Thursday or Friday. I'll post a range report as I soon as I have to shoot her.

The SA pull is light and crisp, but the DA is just a tad gritty. I have bene told that they smooth out very nicely after being used.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it pretty much a 75b with a polymer frame?

It looks nice...one of the better plastic guns out there...in my eyes at least.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]
well what did she set you back ?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
well what did she set you back ?

She was on sale at Bud's for $451 shipped.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#4]
its on now.  you said the "b" word.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the all steel version of the SP01 called the Shadow. They are great shooters and have a nice large magazine capacity. Assuming you can slick the trigger up on the polymer gun like you could the steel gun.....it will be BA.

Mine had a 5.5# DA with a 1.75# SA break. It was just down right sick.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry about that. I meant to say 75d.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
its on now.  you said the "b" word.  

Atleast I checked to make sure that no one locally stocked it before ordering it from there. I won't oder something that I can get locally for close to the same price, but if no one locally has it, I have no problem ordering from there.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is it pretty much a 75b with a polymer frame?

It looks nice...one of the better plastic guns out there...in my eyes at least.

Exactly.

It's a polymer version of the 75D, with a rail and interchangable backstraps. I've always liked how the slide rails are reversed on the 75s, with the frame outside the slide instead of inside.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm about to put one up for sale, less than 200 rounds fired.  Guess I'm gonna wait a little while now that they are $449.

Damnmit Buds
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I will say that's one beautiful bride, and much cheaper than my last bride.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#11]
This thread is easy to fap  to
Nice pistol
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Range report: I had a chance to run 100 rounds of Federal 115gr FMJ through it today.  It ran like a champ. I had one user induced failure. The second mag that I ran was not inserted all the way and fell out after my first shot. This was purely my fault and in no way could be blamed on the gun.

It fit my hand like a glove with the small backstrap and the ergonomics are perfect for me.

Accuracy was VERY good. It's way more accurate than I am.

The high left group was 25 yards aimed roughly at the line between the 8 and 9 rings. With my G17 that I sold, half of my shots were off the paper at 25 yards. The low left group was 10 yards and the center was knocked out at 15 feet.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Thread title very misleading...... thought this was the BOTD forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top