Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 8:47:05 AM EDT
I hate fla , so glad to get out of this place !!!
Getting a apt. in the mansfield school dist area , I heard from lots of people that they have good schools .
Is there any good places to shoot  handguns and rifles ?

I leave march , 3rd !!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to Arlington, I really enjoy living here.  I am a member at a range in Alvarado.  http://www.jcssa.com.  It's about 45 min. from Arlington, but worth the drive.  There are several ranges closer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you'll be right up the road from me.  I"m in Mansfield proper.  The schools here are very good, some of the them on the exemplary list. For shooting, there's Alpine Range near Everman, but I'm getting disenchanted with them of late. I"m looking into others, including the one at NAS JRB Fort Worth. Send me an email when you get settled in.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to Texas!  Glad to have you.  I go shooting at CCGR in McKinney and I LOVE it!  Come join the DFW ARcom!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys !!! brovo thanks ...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
not to mention the realy nice Tac-Pro
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I moved to Mansfield in June and really haven't found a Range to call home. Alpine doesn't allow "Rapid Fire" and they were fairly rude when I questioned them about available 3 Gun Match's. I moved from Middle Tennessee but I was born and raised in Vernon. I've been looking for a AR friendly Range, that allows NFA toys, close to Mansfield.

mgfan58  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:23:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Just save a couple hundred dollars from your move and join the Arlington Sportman's Club.  From the description of where you'll be, the range shouldn't be more than 15 minutes away.  They allow rapid fire (but no class III), ranges go from 7 yards to 200 yards and they've got spots for all the shotgun sports.  They're allowing new members again, so you'd better sign up soon.  

IM me for the phone number of the membership secretary.

R.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:56:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey guys I'm not there yet !!! I move in march 3-4 . Tarrant county is where we're moving .
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I moved to Mansfield in June and really haven't found a Range to call home. Alpine doesn't allow "Rapid Fire" and they were fairly rude when I questioned them about available 3 Gun Match's. I moved from Middle Tennessee but I was born and raised in Vernon. I've been looking for a AR friendly Range, that allows NFA toys, close to Mansfield.

mgfan58  

That's pretty much why I'm disenchanted with them.  One dude in particular (RSO for the 100 yd line) pissed me off right before Christmas by loudly proclaiming in front of my eleven year old son and two other kids that "there's no fuckin' political correctness here!  Merry Christmas!" That and a few other issues with him, plus the inability to rapid fire (A DIFFERENT old dude chastised me for firing too fast-I was doing mag changes between single shots, and I KNOW I'm not THAT fast) have caused me to look elsewhere.
Anyway, bring some weather with you when you come.  It's so dry here I'm thinking of installing a shooting lane outside my house in the gap where my yard used to meet my foundation.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
(A DIFFERENT old dude chastised me for firing too fast-I was doing mag changes between single shots, and I KNOW I'm not THAT fast) have caused me to look elsewhere.

I got it from an old dude on the pistol line once. If I had time to line up my sights for a follow up shot, I didnt think there was a problem. Apparently, its one shot every 3 seconds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top