Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 2:26:29 PM EDT
Hello, The U.S. Army has decided to station me on Ft Lewis starting in April, and I'm looking for others in the Area to shoot with/ hang-out/ befriend. I've been stationed on Ft Lewis before, and I know the area so if you aren't military that doesn't matter to me. Just looking for like minded people. I (and my wife) shoot everything from .22 gopher guns to .50 BMG and anything inbetween.  Also been know to bust clays with 12 gauge, and We have two horses that aren't gun-shy for those cowboy shooters out there. I'm originally from Montana and Hunt any big furry critter that walks. If you're within 50 (or so) miles of Tacoma drop me a line.  Thanks- Jon

hug.gif SCOUTS OUT!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#2]
The most active HTF on the site.  You will enjoy it up here.  

Just had a shoot today no less 25+ people showed.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#3]
3 of which are still there
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#4]
When do you get in?  There's a big get-together/shoot/camp-out/no-shoot, shoot Apriil 7th, 8th, and 9th.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
3 of which are still there

What happened after I left?

EDIT:
Sorry, for jackin yer thread man...  Welcome to WA (again)...  Deffinately good times to be had here.  I'm sure you'll find a great group of people out here
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:14:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome.  You'll find  a great group of guys (and ladies) here.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:44:37 AM EDT
[#8]
We'll be leaving Ft Silly on 30 March and then staying in Montana for a couple weeks (gonna take our time because we're hauling the horses with us). I'm supposed to report in on May 10th but we'll probably sign in a little early so I don't burn all of my leave. Does anybody know a good family law lawyer there? I've got to do something about the x-wife and the kids.

SCOUTS OUT!  hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Bah, my report date for Benning is April 28th.

nice to have you here.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Bah, my report date for Benning is April 28th.

nice to have you here.

Tweeter, Don'cha know you just met your replacement?
Not for the Army, but mil members here on the board- I just want to know who the hell works in PERSCOM 'round here???
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Sniff, sniff, he is Infantry isnt he? or is he the other MOS in the Army ie Support? Welcome anyways.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We'll be leaving Ft Silly on 30 March and then staying in Montana for a couple weeks (gonna take our time because we're hauling the horses with us). I'm supposed to report in on May 10th but we'll probably sign in a little early so I don't burn all of my leave. Does anybody know a good family law lawyer there? I've got to do something about the x-wife and the kids.

SCOUTS OUT!  

Bah!  You're too late for LCR.

I have no idea about family lawyers ... sorry, can't help you there.

And what's with this silly "scouts out" thing?  You a 19D or something?  BTW, do you know to which unit you're being assigned?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
And what's with this silly "scouts out" thing?  You a 19D or something?  

Hehe-Yeah, I'll bet he IS!!! Scouts Out! Out of luck, Out of ammo, Out of time.......
W00T!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:53:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Bah!  You're too late for LCR.

I have no idea about family lawyers ... sorry, can't help you there.

And what's with this silly "scouts out" thing?  You a 19D or something?  BTW, do you know to which unit you're being assigned?

Talked with G-1 yesterday, they don't have me assigned to a unit yet, and I am a 19D, but perscom put me back into my secondary MOS of 31B(95B back then) a couple years ago and won't let me transfer back. So I'm sure I'll be heading to the 42nd MP BGD. I'd much rather hit a Striker Brigade, but anything is better than spinnin my heels here on Ft Sill.

Oh, and I'd rather say "SCOUTS OUT" than "King of Battle" hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:21:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I know a family lawyer in the Seattle area.   PM me or email me.

davidgpo
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#16]
umm, yeah... that King of Battle stuff has gotta go.

at least you tried to transfer back.

Scouts Coming Out?  don't mention cowboys around here... especially with pudding, people start making jokes.

oh well... at least you carry a gun at work.  better a gun-packing-pogue than a pencil-pushing grunt.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to WA (when you get there).  I'm coming home from school in Late April/early May, and I live in Lakewood, about 10 mins from two or three gates. They have improved Range 15 since I first went there, which is very nice. I know they have the horse stables on post, if you don't have somewhere better lined up already. I'd be very happy to have someone else to go shooting with, since I haven't been around enough to meet the rest of the HTF people. I just have to survive until the end of April. Then I have a Bachelor's in History with a Minor in Spanish Language. Again, welcome, and hope to see you and all the others.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
We will have to form a welcoming party. You'll be well greeted.

Dood.. don't want to scare him off
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
better a gun-packing-pogue than a pencil-pushing grunt.

Hey!  I resemble that remark!

The 1SG made me a PAC Clerk, something about being "reliable" and "working well without supervision" and having "initiative" or something.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#20]
tweeter
Team Member
kryptonite for conversations

Post Number :: 1596

WA, USA

User Info     IM User     Email User     Reply     Quote  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh well... at least you carry a gun at work. better a gun-packing-pogue than a pencil-pushing grunt.

You trying to say something???
Im also a Bradley section leader, arnt Drill Sgts, pencil pushing poges now as well?

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
oh well... at least you carry a gun at work. better a gun-packing-pogue than a pencil-pushing grunt.

You trying to say something???
Im also a Bradley section leader, arnt Drill Sgts, pencil pushing poges now as well?

Last I checked, DS's didn't carry rifles very often.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Thats gonna leave a mark.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Thats gonna leave a mark.

In fact that's exactly what mine did-
He marked my rifle qual-
He marked my grenade qual-
He marked my PT card-

He didn't even use a pencil....just a marker.

Easier to scribble with I guess
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I just want to know who the hell works in PERSCOM 'round here???

Works? PERSCOM?  If they'd wanted to work they would have become soldiers!
Anyhoo, welcome (back) to the area, buddy.  I first came to God's Post in '83, won't say I never looked back, but when Homestead 6 (who grew up in Federal Way) asked where I wanted to retire, I just looked at her like she was nuts... of course, she did marry a Career MI Geek...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:12:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just want to know who the hell works in PERSCOM 'round here???

Works? PERSCOM?  If they'd wanted to work they would have become soldiers! hoo,did marry a Career MI Geek...

Thanks for all of the "Welcome" comments. I'm still mad at PERSCOM about the whole MOS deal, and I'm a little worried Because when I called DA to request Ft Lewis they called me back 3 days later to say "Sure you can go there, how fast can you move?" So its probably back to Iraq for this boy! Anyway, how hard is it to find a Boewulf Upper there, or should I try to pick one up here before I go? And what are lowers running for there, and how hard are they to find? I know Bushmaster and Panther are going to be steep, but I've used others (ie Stagg and Superior) without problems. Is there still a gunshow in Tacoma( between the McDonalds and the Mobile Home sales on South Korean way) monthly, or do I have to Join the Puyallup Gun Show group? Anyway, I worked the Midnight shift last night (leave it to the Army to put you on mids when you need to get stuff done before clearing!) and am starting to ramble, I'll check back later_

SCOUTS OUT!  hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Hello, The U.S. Army has decided to station me on Ft Lewis starting in April, and I'm looking for others in the Area to shoot with/ hang-out/ befriend. I've been stationed on Ft Lewis before, and I know the area so if you aren't military that doesn't matter to me. Just looking for like minded people. I (and my wife) shoot everything from .22 gopher guns to .50 BMG and anything inbetween.  Also been know to bust clays with 12 gauge, and We have two horses that aren't gun-shy for those cowboy shooters out there. I'm originally from Montana and Hunt any big furry critter that walks. If you're within 50 (or so) miles of Tacoma drop me a line.  Thanks- Jon

SCOUTS OUT!

Does Ft Lewis provide pasture for your horses? If not I have two idle acres of grass here. Help me put up fence and get free pasture for a long time. Have materials just need time to put it up.

I am about 30 min from Ft Levis.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:21:05 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Is there still a gunshow in Tacoma( between the McDonalds and the Mobile Home sales on South Korean way) monthly, or do I have to Join the Puyallup Gun Show group?
SCOUTS OUT!  

You are going to have to join WAC. Washington Arms Collectors

http://www.washingtonarmscollectors.org/

There is a non-WAC show in Centralia but it is small and rarely worth a drive.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#28]
the 42nd MP brigade? who is the 42nd brigade C.O.?  I do believe that it is or will be very soon, my brother-in-law. I think.......
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Does Ft Lewis provide pasture for your horses? If not I have two idle acres of grass here. Help me put up fence and get free pasture for a long time. Have materials just need time to put it up.

I am about 30 min from Ft Levis.

Yes, the horses have housing before I do! May have to be sleeping in the Tack room until I get quarters though................. and I'm not sure who the CO of the 42nd is, the web site is "under construction" and I don't have any friends stationed there to ask. How anti-gun has Washington been lately, I understand there are no SBR's allowed, and they want to outlaw .50 BMG? Maybe I should just stay here in Oklahoma..................No, maybe not, the closest Gunstore to me is 30 miles away. I need my fix more than that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top