Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/21/2007 8:34:47 AM EST
Well I did it I have a job interview and testing with Dallas police department next month and my wife has a job interview with a travel Nursing agency where she was told she would be making $40 to $50 an hour and they have contracts in TX.

I'm just worried about taking the test right now as I've been out of school for about 10 years now . I just wish I know what I needed to study for.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 9:01:33 AM EST
There are plenty of PD's hiring around here, Plano,Richardson,Garland, Allen.....to name a few.You will do OK in your chosen field in N. Texas...........come on down.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 11:05:08 AM EST
Good luck.

When your here gets some Texas BBQ.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 12:38:46 PM EST
Contact Austin PD, they're in a hiring sweep as I understand it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 12:57:41 PM EST
Maybe a little premature, but "Welcome to Texas".

Link Posted: 2/21/2007 6:16:55 PM EST
I think every PD in texas from Amarillo to Brownsville is hiring.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 6:37:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By BDeauman:

You'd do much better if you "became" a gal, gay, or somehow "disadvantaged".

The wonderful Lib-Tards are down on hiring white guys to be the PoPo in A-town.

You could just tell them that you are "Pre-Operative TransSexual" and WHAMMM You'd be IN!!

Like I say "Austin it is just like California on the Colorado River"

If you like the area, try the Travis County Sheriffs Dept. Same area, good pay, and way less P.C. by a long shot!!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 4:06:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:

Originally Posted By BDeauman:

You'd do much better if you "became" a gal, gay, or somehow "disadvantaged".

The wonderful Lib-Tards are down on hiring white guys to be the PoPo in A-town.

You could just tell them that you are "Pre-Operative TransSexual" and WHAMMM You'd be IN!!

Like I say "Austin it is just like California on the Colorado River"

If you like the area, try the Travis County Sheriffs Dept. Same area, good pay, and way less P.C. by a long shot!!

BIGGER_HAMMER

I'm not sure but I don't think Marine 3 time combat vet counts! Hell it should since being gay now counts.

Anyway I'm going to be down there from March 18 to at lest the 23 or 24 all depends how things go at the testing. I have this week set up so if I don't make Dallas PD, I'm going to talk to Dallas county on the 22 and on the 23 I have a test for TX state troopers! I really hope I make Dallas PD then that will give me sometime to look around.

Where are some good places to go around Dallas with kids?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:43:34 AM EST
Anyone know what pistols Dallas PD lets it's officers have? I have one person who told me all they can get are SIG's in 9mm 357 sig and 380. hen I have another guy who said he has seen the officers with Glocks. I'd like to know so I can save up a little money and get myself a really nice duty,back up and off duty pistol.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:32:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By tayous1:

I'm not sure but I don't think Marine 3 time combat vet counts! Hell it should since being gay now counts.

Anyway I'm going to be down there from March 18 to at lest the 23 or 24 all depends how things go at the testing. I have this week set up so if I don't make Dallas PD, I'm going to talk to Dallas county on the 22 and on the 23 I have a test for TX state troopers! I really hope I make Dallas PD then that will give me sometime to look around.

Where are some good places to go around Dallas with kids?

You may want to take the kids down to Fair Park in Dallas for the Science Place, Natural History Museum and Aquarium. Six Flags in Arlington. Some of these places may be crowded since it will be spring break for some of the school districts.

Kenny
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:29:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/26/2007 2:31:08 AM EST by Chowdadi]

Originally Posted By bigthicket:
There are plenty of PD's hiring around here, Plano,Richardson,Garland, Allen.....to name a few.You will do OK in your chosen field in N. Texas...........come on down.

Seems like I heard that the Northern Suburbs that bigthicket mentioned are better departments to work in & pay more than Dallas PD too. Maybe check out some DFW Mid-Cities departments like, Flower Mound, Coppell, Irving, Grapevine/Colleyville, Southlake, Hurst, Bedford, Euless, N. Richland Hills, Keller, etc.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:09:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By KennyTX:
You may want to take the kids down to Fair Park in Dallas for the Science Place, Natural History Museum and Aquarium. Six Flags in Arlington. Some of these places may be crowded since it will be spring break for some of the school districts.

Kenny

Thanks for that info. Now just need to know one more thing from you all. Where are some good places to eat? I'm looking for a good Steak house (One that I can take kids to) I have to go to a B.B.Q place and a good Mexican restaurant for my wife.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:31:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By tayous1:

Kenny

Thanks for that info. Now just need to know one more thing from you all. Where are some good places to eat? I'm looking for a good Steak house (One that I can take kids to) I have to go to a B.B.Q place and a good Mexican restaurant for my wife.

BBQ: Sugarbaby's

Steak Texas Land and Cattle

Numerous great restauarants in Addison. Link. Try the Blue Goose for Mexican food.

I you get a chance drive up toward Plano, Allen and check out that area besides the
mid citiesif you are interested in their PDs.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:46:21 PM EST

BBQ: Sugarbaby's

Steak Texas Land and Cattle

Numerous great restauarants in Addison. Link. Try the Blue Goose for Mexican food.

I you get a chance drive up toward Plano, Allen and check out that area besides the
mid cities if you are interested in their PDs.

Thanks my dates got switched now I'm going to be down there around to April 13-15 but I'm going to be down there from the 14-20 I have to take in a little of TX you know! I think I might just take the three+ hour drive down to Sea World just so my kids can see it again.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:05:15 PM EST
More like 5 1/2 hours to Sea World. Takes at least an hour just to drive through Austin.

At least you will miss most of the spring breakers!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:01:49 PM EST
I drive to SA quite a bit from ft worth and if you run about 75, and time it to hit austin between off peak hours, you can make it in 4-4 1/2 hrs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:11:13 AM EST
Anyone know where about the Dallas police department has its academy?
Top Top