Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2012 7:42:03 AM EDT
I got me a new job in Smyrna area and will be relocating this month. I was wondering if you kind folk could give me the skinny on some good gun stores in the area and maybe even a place to shoot 200yrds+.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:45:18 AM EDT
Get used to indoor ranges. I moved up NE of atl and miss living in SE ga just for the shooting, I haven't shot over 25 yards since I moved here a year ago.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:50:59 AM EDT
Creeksidefiringrange.com

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:53:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/3/2012 4:07:43 PM EDT by Bradd_D]
Originally Posted By foosa:
I got me a new job in Smyrna area and will be relocating this month.

I'm sorry.  I moved out of that area 2 years ago after living there for 16 years.  I don't miss it at all.  As far as gun shops go there's Adventure Outdoors and Wild West Traders close.  I highly recommend Creekside...it's worth the trip.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:33:43 AM EDT
i live there now.  Love it. i guess it's all about 'where" in smyrna you live.  i'm walking distance from the "market village".  shoot me an email or PM and i'll give you a list of restaurants, the good grocery stores, few hidden little gems, etc.

-nic
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:31:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:15:58 PM EDT
Actually, Smyrna is going through some gentrification and is pretty nice in the downtown area.  Outside of that, it's a little too ghetto for my tastes.  Two driveby shootings in front of my house was enough for me.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:04:10 PM EDT
Smyrna has cleaned up quite a bit. The city is spending lots of  money to do so. They have bought and shut down most of the crappy apartment complexes in the city. I work for the fd there and we dont run many violent crimes at all. It does have some run down areas but for the most part if the neigborhood looks decent, it is.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:51:23 AM EDT
Thanks for all the replies.I am liking the outdoor range, it does not seem to be an unreasonable drive.  

Another question for you natives, how is Cobb county with issuing concealed carry permits? Mine is up for renew at the end of the year.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:54:53 AM EDT
My renew took me maybe 2 weeks to receive.  Got it done earlier this year.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:09:25 AM EDT
All my renewals were smooth and quick.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 4:26:08 PM EDT
The CWP was pretty painless to get, just fill out some forms, pay them and wait. I don't remember how long the wait was though.
Top Top