Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/13/2008 8:37:05 AM EDT
As soon as my house in CA sells, I will be moving. I will be about 50 miles north of Ft. Collins.
I know there is a good gun store in FC on Mulberry and am wondering where other members shop and what ranges, both indoor and outdoor, are convenient.

Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 9:53:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 10:12:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Defcon:
Welcome to CO!

If you are in Red Feather you are very close to national forest where you can shoot. Also, check out Northern Colorado Rod & Gun Club: www.ncrgc.org/ Many folks from here are members.

Thanks! Are you referring to Roosevelt NF? I can hike there from my place.

Is NCRGC affiliated with the gun store on Mulberry in FC. I think its name is Western Shooters Supply, or something close. I have been there a couple of times and they seem like good folks. There is also an indoor range on site.

Thanks for the info, Def!
I hope to meet some the members here at the range.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 11:39:46 AM EDT
Welcome! Its gonna cost you a crap load of money to get a house in the mountians that I would consider livable. Not to mention that you will have to travel way out of your way to do anything besided outdoor stuff. Thats just me! my dad owns a cabin out there, he spent a crap load of money... and I will leave it at that. him and my mom only go there like 1 week out of the year, it is such a nice place too!
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 12:56:57 PM EDT
Jensens in Loveland is a great place too, more of a BRD kind of place. Prepare for bear up there, I have heard about lots of sightings lately.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 2:34:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 6:15:22 PM EDT
it's colorado shooters supply on 14 (mulberry) with the range.
keep an eye out for mountain lions. there have been 2x this past month my supervisor had them on his deck.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 9:06:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Exile87:
Welcome! Its gonna cost you a crap load of money to get a house in the mountians that I would consider livable. Not to mention that you will have to travel way out of your way to do anything besided outdoor stuff. Thats just me! my dad owns a cabin out there, he spent a crap load of money... and I will leave it at that. him and my mom only go there like 1 week out of the year, it is such a nice place too!

He's coming from Kali where a cheap starter house sells for $800,000. He'll do just fine finding a place to live in CO.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 4:37:03 AM EDT
OK, for the third person to correct...it's Rocky Mountain Shooters Supply.

JAX on North College has fair prices, although they don't carry too much in the way of "Black Rifles", they have good ammo prices, reloading equipment, and a whole room of Mil Surplus.

There is also Colorado Gun Works on W Vine street. The owner is a Brother from the Masonic Lodge so I know he is an honest guy. It is a smaller shop, so his prices reflect that, but he can provide the gunsmith work the other shops can't. I haven't been in there in a while, but he seemed to have a decent stock. I don't remember what he had for AR's.

As was said before, Jensens is the place to go for the BRD, and their prices are the best in the area for firearms.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:23:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Elkaholic:
OK, for the third person to correct...it's Rocky Mountain Shooters Supply.

JAX on North College has fair prices, although they don't carry too much in the way of "Black Rifles", they have good ammo prices, reloading equipment, and a whole room of Mil Surplus.

There is also Colorado Gun Works on W Vine street. The owner is a Brother from the Masonic Lodge so I know he is an honest guy. It is a smaller shop, so his prices reflect that, but he can provide the gunsmith work the other shops can't. I haven't been in there in a while, but he seemed to have a decent stock. I don't remember what he had for AR's.

As was said before, Jensens is the place to go for the BRD, and their prices are the best in the area for firearms.

THAT's the name I was trying to recall. Thanks. I have seen, but never been in, Jensen's and have heard that Jax and Wally have the best ammo prices.

I had heard some tales about mountain lions but had no confirmation. I had not heard about the bears. I have a friend who is a ranger in Larimer County, but I had never asked her about it.

I already have a deal for a place, contingent on getting this place sold. As I am getting divorced, it will be just me, and the place is perfect. It's in the Glacier View Meadows development.

As someone else mentioned, it is way the heck out there, and besides outdoor stuff, there's not much happening. That's just fine. I'm going to take some handloading instruction and maybe make a penny or so on the side.

I am totally psyched to get moved, lions, bears and all.

I hope to meet some of you folks.

Thanks for all of the input!
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 8:15:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/14/2008 8:18:45 PM EDT by Exile87]
Yea, go adopt a mutt from the dogpound and use it as bait for a lion / bear :) then take it out!

JK

Hope 2 see you soon!

My uncle almost had to cap a bear that was walking over to us while we were fishing, we ended up backing up slow and letting the monster eat are fish.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 8:21:41 PM EDT
and Jensens is #1 for sure!, well worth the drive the thornton! I got my POS bushmaster from them, the damn thing is a jammaholic, sent it in and am waiting now... I find it pointless to buy anything from a store now that I have found AR-15.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 9:33:48 PM EDT

Yea, go adopt a mutt from the dogpound and use it as bait for a lion / bear :) then take it out!

JK

Hope 2 see you soon!

My uncle almost had to cap a bear that was walking over to us while we were fishing, we ended up backing up slow and letting the monster eat are fish.

The only mutt I am likely to have is a rotty/doby mix. About 80 lbs. Either him or a Ridgie or 2. My ranger friend may be looking for a good home for him. What a great dog! Otherwise, Ridgeback Rescue.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:53:53 AM EDT
My house in CA is in contract.
I'll be heading to CO in mid-August for real.

Can't wait.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:43:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GaCracker:

JK

Hope 2 see you soon!

The only mutt I am likely to have is a rotty/doby mix. About 80 lbs. Either him or a Ridgie or 2. My ranger friend may be looking for a good home for him. What a great dog! Otherwise, Ridgeback Rescue.

excellent choice to get a ridgeback from
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:23:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jim:

Originally Posted By GaCracker:

JK

Hope 2 see you soon!

excellent choice to get a ridgeback from

Good to know. Have you dealt with the Rescue folks?

Thanks.
Top Top