Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2006 12:57:29 PM EDT
As of right now I am still live in Illinois, at least for the next couple weeks. I am moving to Indiana and was wondering what it takes to get a CCW permit. CCW does not exist in Illinois as many of you know. Can someone enlightem me about the requirements for CCW in Indiana. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
As of right now I am still live in Illinois, at least for the next couple weeks. I am moving to Indiana and was wondering what it takes to get a CCW permit. CCW does not exist in Illinois as many of you know. Can someone enlightem me about the requirements for CCW in Indiana. Thanks

It's really quite simple. Go to your local police department and fill out the application. It's $100 for a lifetime permit. They'll take your fingerprints there. Wait about 4 to 6 weeks and it comes in the mail from the State Police. No classes, tests, etc.

Welcome to a free state.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations!

Always happy to have someone come over the fence!
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Congratulations!

Always happy to have someone come over the fence!

Just as long as they're gun friendly and don't think we run this State like IL
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:It's really quite simple. Go to your local police department and fill out the application. It's $100 for a lifetime permit. They'll take your fingerprints there. Wait about 4 to 6 weeks and it comes in the mail from the State Police. No classes, tests, etc.

Welcome to a free state.

Actually it is $125 for a lifetime permit if you do not currently hold a valid handgun permit.  The fee is $50 for the local PD/Sheriff and $75 for the state.  For those current Indiana residents who hold a valid permit, the fees are $40 for the locals and $60 for the state.
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It's really quite simple. First get your IN drivers license to establish residency then Go to your local police department and fill out the application. It's $100 for a lifetime permit. They'll take your fingerprints there. Wait about 4 to 6 weeks and it comes in the mail from the State Police. No classes, tests, etc.

Welcome to a free state.

Fixed it for ya'
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#6]
And you don't necessarily go to the local PD, you go to your Chief LEO.  In my case that's the county sheriff.  

Quoted:

Quoted:It's really quite simple. Go to your local police department and fill out the application. It's $100 for a lifetime permit. They'll take your fingerprints there. Wait about 4 to 6 weeks and it comes in the mail from the State Police. No classes, tests, etc.

Welcome to a free state.

Actually it is $125 for a lifetime permit if you do not currently hold a valid handgun permit.  The fee is $50 for the local PD/Sheriff and $75 for the state.  For those current Indiana residents who hold a valid permit, the fees are $40 for the locals and $60 for the state.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And you don't necessarily go to the local PD, you go to your Chief LEO.  In my case that's the county sheriff.  

Quoted:

Welcome to a free state.

I spoke too quickly - both of these guys correctly added some additional info. All in all it is still a fairly easy process (compared to other states).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top