Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2008 9:43:48 PM EDT
What ranges are in the area? Yes I checked the sticky of course. None of the places' names mean anything to me since I don't live there. I assume there are no 100+ yard rifle ranges in the area, but are there any within an hour or so drive from there? I really appreciate any help, and look forward to moving to America and out of the gulag I currently call home.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:46:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you plan on spending a lot of money in the Local Palm beach county ranges as they MAKE you buy their ammo, I strongly suggest you look south to the many broward ranges where that doesnt happen. The PBC sheriffs range will be your Only option other wise..

but either way welcome to the area..
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#2]
True.  The only actual rifle range Palm Beach County is run by the Sheriff's Office.  Even though it was built using bond money on the premise being for everyone, the SO only lets us use it on weekends.  And each weekend, the targets are set at a different range, so if you want to shoot at 100 yards, and it's a 300 yard day, you're SOL.  The indoor ranges here all have gotten together and have policies where you have to buy all your ammo from them - no outside ammo is allowed.  

You'll have to drive around 45 minutes to an hour to go to Markham Park in Broward County to get to a decent outdoor range, and decent indoor ranges can be found within a half-hour's drive - also in Broward County.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I drive an hour+ to the only decent range by me now, so a 45 minute - 1 hour drive is ok with me. I also noticed that gas doesn't cost $4.40 a gallon down there.

Thanks for the advice guys.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot @ the Delray shooting center.  It's in PBC, so they get you on the ammo.  The drive from Boca is only around 10 minutes.  I think they have a rifle range as well, but I haven't tried it yet.  The range itself is alright.  The guys there are really nice, and it seems to be run pretty well.  Plus you can rent full auto guns for $30.  Is there anyplace relatively close to Boca, in Broward county?  I hate buying ammo at the range, it's really cost prohibitive.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
I shoot @ the Delray shooting center.  It's in PBC, so they get you on the ammo.  The drive from Boca is only around 10 minutes.  I think they have a rifle range as well, but I haven't tried it yet.  The range itself is alright.  The guys there are really nice, and it seems to be run pretty well.  Plus you can rent full auto guns for $30.  Is there anyplace relatively close to Boca, in Broward county?  I hate buying ammo at the range, it's really cost prohibitive.

Revere's is in Pompano, which is N. East broward, east of I-95.  Markham is right at the south nd of the Sawgrass, so it's a pretty quick jump down from Boca, although ya have to get off on Sunrise or jump onto I-595 east and hook a U-turn at Flamingo.  (Unless they've built a westbound 595 ramp...I've been gone over a year.)Markham lets you use your own ammo or buy theirs.  You can swing by the Sawgrass Wallyworld on your way down and get some cheap ammo....
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:32:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Revere's is probably the closest to you.  It's okay - just a plain-jane short indoor range.

Quickest way for you to get to Markham from Boca is to get off I-95 at the 10th St exit in Deerfield, and go west. 10th St turns into the Sawgrass Expressway just past Powerline Rd. (You can also go down any one of the main North-South roads - Powerline, Lyons, 441 - and hook up wiht the Sawgrass that way.  Markham Park is just west of the Sawgrass on SR 84/I-595.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I drive an hour+ to the only decent range by me now, so a 45 minute - 1 hour drive is ok with me. I also noticed that gas doesn't cost $4.40 a gallon down there.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Last Tuesday, Reg'lar gas was in the $4.19 range.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been heading up to Indian River County and shooting @ the Sebastain range.
It's a little over an hour drive from North PBC, but well worth the drive.
Prices are reasonable and most of the RM's are cool.
One can be a tool @ times, but if you do what you are told, it's fun to watch him jump on the "window lickers"

Click Here
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I just moved to Lake Worth. Just a little north of Boynton. Palm Beach ranges all bite the...        The indoor joints all have a buy our ammo rule. And of course it is overpriced.

I go to Markham Park. It is gonna be about a 40 mile drive, but worth it. For a small fee you get a double lane. You can set up a pistol target at 15 yards and a rifle at 15, 25,50 or 100. Also they let you shoot any ammo you want. Usually the wait is not too bad and the RO's keep it safe
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I hate the Delray shooting center. They say is the "LAW" that you have to buy their ammo. Thei ammo is 2-5 dollars more per box. Last time I used the rifle range there. They didn't allow me to take my rifle bag in. They claim people smugle ammo in on the bags. Markham is good and cheap, but with the fricking gas prices It might be cheaper to just go to the Delray shooting center. I know there's a range in WPB, but don't know where is located. I been at Reveres also. Pistol only and I think is only 50 yards. The only problem I got with that range is that's in the middle of a not so "good" area. Make sure that if you go there, you come out "packing" and ready to serve lead.
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 6:42:56 AM EDT
[#11]
there is an outdoor range in indiantown fl about an hour north of you. It is run by south florida shooting sports and is located at the j&r ranch in indiantown. They have trap skeet 100 yrds rifle and pistol. And you can use your own ammo.
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
there is an outdoor range in indiantown fl about an hour north of you. It is run by south florida shooting sports and is located at the j&r ranch in indiantown. They have trap skeet 100 yrds rifle and pistol. And you can use your own ammo.

when did they move the berm back out to 100?

last trip for me it was at 50 and their distinct dislike of EBR's was apparent with the signage that was hung all over the place.

I got a bit peeved... the RM was cool though he let me shoot anyway. I just policed my "steel cases" and threw them away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top