Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2004 6:40:19 AM EDT
I'm moving to Augusta with work and need to find a few ranges in the area.  I have a pretty large collection of fireamrs and shooting is my major stress relief.  I'm looking for a range that will allow .50 BMG in particular.  Any suggestions up to an hour away would be greatly appreciated.

Next question, what is involved in getting a Georgia Concealed Carry Liscense?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#1]
There Pintuckey gun club, Long Cane range in Sumter forest, Carolina Star, and a WMA range near plant Vogle. One indoor pistol range Shooters. I will post some links.
www.csrapistol.com
www.aiken-explorer.com/ad-carolina-star-gun-&-hunt-club-aiken-sc.htm
www.pinetucky.com/
www.fs.fed.us/r8/fms/rec/LCRR.pdf

www.georgiaoutdoors.com/hunting/WMAmaps/YuchiWMA.pdf

www.lcav.org/states/georgia.asp#carryingconcealedweapons

No idea about the 50 call and ask.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like J3 kinda covered most everything.

Not sure on the 50cal, I used to have one, but I got rid of it becuase I really had nowhere to shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Next question, what is involved in getting a Georgia Concealed Carry Liscense?

Thank you.

Go to your county's probate judge office (i think thats what its called) to start the paperwork then go over to the sheriff's office to get fingerprinted.  Then wait for the permit to show up in the mail (if you're not a bad guy of course)  It took 11 weeks for mine to show up, but could take less for other counties.
I paid $15 to the probate and $29 to the sheriff (Barrow county).

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:24:24 PM EDT
[#5]
For my carry permit it took approx 2 months.

Go down to the courthouse at Greene St and Telfair.  Then go to police station at 401 Walton way off Gordon Highway on mon/wed/thurs 8:30-12AM.  Take a $28 money order get fingerprinted and wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top