Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:23:30 PM EDT
I'm moving back to IL at the end of March to Carbondale IL or around there after 4 years in the Marinep and I'd like to know if there are any new laws that I should know about right now. There are a few things I'm wanting to get like hi-cap mags for my Glock 22 and I want to get my FAL . I just hope I can still get them or its going to be a really short time for me living in IL. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:29:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 7:29:27 PM EDT by moparman71]
Your Glock mags are fine, no SBR on the FAL (16" fixed min) and you're good to go. Make sure you get your FOID, and remember encased and unloaded while traveling. Welcome home Marine!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:08:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By moparman71:
Your Glock mags are fine, no SBR on the FAL (16" fixed min) and you're good to go. Make sure you get your FOID, and remember encased and unloaded while traveling. Welcome home Marine!

Thanks is there anything more I need to know? I was told that 50 cals where ban! Is there anything else?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:19:17 AM EDT
.50 is still good to go right now, however, there are some serious threats to our way of life in the state govt. right now, so it's day to day on your .50 and our std. cap mags (more than 10 rds)
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:31:02 AM EDT

.50 is still good to go right now, however, there are some serious threats to our way of life in the state govt. right now, so it's day to day on your .50 and our std. cap mags (more than 10 rds)

So we can get hi-cap in IL or is it just 10rd ones now?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:02:55 AM EDT
Hi caps are good in Illinois right now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:41:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By tayous1:

Thanks is there anything more I need to know? I was told that 50 cals where ban! Is there anything else?

Well, the bullshit is pending:

IL AW Ban

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:36:45 AM EDT
Do yourself a big favor....choose a gun friendly state.....this is not one of them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:43:12 AM EDT

[SNIP] [A]re any new laws that I should know about right now.

[rant]Yes, one that has yet to be proposed requires all subservient citizens to surrender anything and everything that could possibly be considered a weapon or would strike fear into a "normal" soccer mom at the state line before entering the state. It would declare such items contraband and institute the death penalty for all those unfortunate enought to be caught with them. Oh yeah, and the po-po's will have infrared goggles with which to monitor compliance. [/rant]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:15:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ghostwalker:
Do yourself a big favor....choose a gun friendly state.....this is not one of them.

Thats what I'm going to do after I get my schooling done then its going to be KY or TN. Is there any place to look up to see if you can build a shooting range on your property?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:37:17 PM EDT

Thats what I'm going to do after I get my schooling done then its going to be KY or TN. Is there any place to look up to see if you can build a shooting range on your property?

Methinks that zoning ordinances would be your primary obstacle. That and neighbors suing for nusiance (which wouldn't be a problem if you don't have neighbors within earshot).
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:18:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By silascobb:

Methinks that zoning ordinances would be your primary obstacle. That and neighbors suing for nusiance (which wouldn't be a problem if you don't have neighbors within earshot).

I know I'm going to have neighbors that are near me I tink I might even have a high school near my home. I just might have to make my undergound range if I want something .

Are there any good ranges on Herrin IL thats anyone knows about? Or near
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:52:39 PM EDT
What you really need to know is not to move back to Illinois. This state is a mine field of Anti-gun politicians waiting to explode. Our borders should have posted signs reading : STAY BACK!! NO FREEDOM BEYOND THIS POINT!!!
Top Top