Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 4:39:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2006 9:37:05 AM EST by Makarov]
Hello, After leaving Florida 15 years ago it looks like I will be coming home. We are looking for a house in the Ormond beach, Daytona, Port Orange, NSB area. I have a couple questions if you'all don't mind.

1) Any good ranges in these areas?

2) Any good gunshops or dealers?

3) Any Counties or CLEOs to stay away from?

4) Is Florida .50cal, Class III, C&R-FFL friendly?

5) Any new housing developments that are offering some good deals?

Thanks for any and all responses. I am really looking forward to returning
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:06:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By Makarov:
Hello, After leaving Florida 15 years ago it looks like I will be coming home. We are looking for a house in the Ormand beach, Daytona, Port Orange, NSB area. I have a couple questions if you'all don't mind.

Unsure on those 2... I'm in Tampa moving to Gainesville.

Everything south of the big Lake ;)

This area (Pinellas/Hillsborough) is getting crappy too, as well as the Orlando area.

Oh yeah. The only issue you'll have is Class-3 signoffs in a lot of counties.
You may want to follow this thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=228481
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:48:38 AM EST
welcome home to the gunshine state
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:52:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2006 2:52:53 AM EST by JThompson]
I know the outdoor range in Sanford is awesome, but maybe an hour or so away from you but worth the trip. Thats about what it takes me to get there.

I rarely use dealers as most are over priced. I tend to research prices and buy at local gun shows or on the internet.

Sorry can't answer this one.

Dude, I hope your firearms fund is fully stocked because you will find that you can own more then you can afford to buy in Florida.

5) Any new housing developments that are offering some good deals?
I would say to search as there are some pretty good deals happening but you will have to search. It appears the market has cooled a bit and there seems to be more houses available than buyers (just my opinion).
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:40:34 AM EST
Thanks for the respones. Me and the wifey are getting excited about returning to Florida!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:33:10 PM EST
My sister and bro-in-law are house hunting in the Cocoa- Port St. John area and let me tell ya, there are literally hundreds for sale.

Prices have skyrocketed over the last year, so be prepared for sticker shock. Most of the houses 10 years or less are going for an average $210,000 (this is your standard 3BR, 2 BA, 2 car garage home).

Brevard (Cocoa- Melbourne) and Volusia (Dayton- NSB) counties are pretty close to one another real estate wise. Brevard has several ranges that are nice- not sure about Volusia.
Top Top