Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 3:41:14 PM EDT
I will be moving within Fairfax County next month. Do I need to get my CCW address updated? If so, how do I go about doing so? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]
you are not required to update it. if you do, the renewal date will remain unchanged.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Never noticed it has an address on it. I guess I should update my address too...
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The address change is voluntary.....you would go to the clerk who originally issued the permit, pay them $10 and tell them the new address.

? 18.2-308.011. Replacement permits.

A. The clerk of a circuit court that issued a valid concealed handgun permit shall, upon presentation of the valid permit and proof of a new address of residence by the permit holder, issue a replacement permit specifying the permit holder's new address. The clerk of court shall forward the permit holder's new address of residence to the State Police. The State Police may charge a fee not to exceed $5, and the clerk of court issuing the replacement permit may charge a fee not to exceed $5. The total amount assessed for processing a replacement permit pursuant to this subsection shall not exceed $10, with such fees to be paid in one sum to the person who receives the information for the replacement permit.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Only benefit I can see is that you can use your CHP as a second form of ID when purchasing firearms. But if you use your voter's ID card (which also shows citizenship for 'assault rifles'), then no need to have them match.

I normally grab the registration out of my truck but that's just because I've been too lazy to update the address on my CHP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top