Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 2:41:14 PM EST
I will be moving within Fairfax County next month. Do I need to get my CCW address updated? If so, how do I go about doing so? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:45:24 PM EST
you are not required to update it. if you do, the renewal date will remain unchanged.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:03:40 PM EST
Never noticed it has an address on it. I guess I should update my address too...
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:09:08 PM EST
The address change is voluntary.....you would go to the clerk who originally issued the permit, pay them $10 and tell them the new address.

? 18.2-308.011. Replacement permits.

A. The clerk of a circuit court that issued a valid concealed handgun permit shall, upon presentation of the valid permit and proof of a new address of residence by the permit holder, issue a replacement permit specifying the permit holder's new address. The clerk of court shall forward the permit holder's new address of residence to the State Police. The State Police may charge a fee not to exceed $5, and the clerk of court issuing the replacement permit may charge a fee not to exceed $5. The total amount assessed for processing a replacement permit pursuant to this subsection shall not exceed $10, with such fees to be paid in one sum to the person who receives the information for the replacement permit.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:52:34 PM EST
Only benefit I can see is that you can use your CHP as a second form of ID when purchasing firearms. But if you use your voter's ID card (which also shows citizenship for 'assault rifles'), then no need to have them match.

I normally grab the registration out of my truck but that's just because I've been too lazy to update the address on my CHP.
Top Top