Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/2/2018 11:57:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2018 11:09:31 PM EDT by GripnAK47s]
Hey bros. In NKCMO burbs now, but looking to move somewhere with some privacy. ( do have to stay within 1hr radius of my locale)

One of my main goals with this move: being able to target shoot and deer hunt my own property regularly. How does a guy find out what the rules are regarding a home shooting range? Im assuming its different for every county?

Im not getting 100 acres here (unfortunately) - Will there be requirements for target shooting, such as amount of land....berm height etc etc? Im assuming anything in any city limits is a no go. Im going to try and find a natural shooting spot Hickok45 style.

Thanks for any help bros. Just looking for a small taste of ""Freedom""

EDIT: Ended up finding a place with a nice piece of property in Lafayette Co.

I had a septic inspection done on it, to find out there is a fifty (50) gallon septic tank, that overfills to be pumped to a lagoon.

The company is saying MO regulation is 1000 gallon tank. I only have 1 person I know with experience in this and he says put an alarm on the pump and dont worry about it, dont spend big bucks on a new tank install.

Im mainly worried, as there are 4 of us in the house and I have no experience with this sort of thing. Any info or advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: 2:
How are you rural guys getting internet? Im smart enough to know to avoid satellite, seemingly the only option..

Anyone using 4G Antennae Shop? Wanted to try the ATT rural fixed wireless that looks to be exclusive to MO, KS and some other places right now. Of course, my area is not available according to the website
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 12:03:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 12:13:28 PM EDT
I’ve never heard of county regs on private property ranges. I’d get ahold of someone where you’re looking.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 5:19:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2018 5:20:27 PM EDT by Bud]
Have you looked south as well, OP?

I have shown several properties in Cass and Bates Counties that had zero restrictions on shooting.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 6:29:32 PM EDT
Thanks guys.

This may be common knowledge

We pretty much just started seriously looking.

Location doesn't really matter if it hits all the checks.

I'll look in those counties as well. Thanks bros.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 7:08:19 PM EDT
I’m in rural Carroll county, and have no laws that I know of , been
Shooting for years at my own range ,, I’m 3 miles from a small town and several know when we I have a get together .
TS2
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 9:23:14 PM EDT
Ray County isn't bad. There are some other guys on here that live in Ray County, too.

I don't have a whole bunch of land, but I have a little room to shoot and haven't had any problems.

I actually just built this. Hopefully I'll have some time to use it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:46:16 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Clutchdeath:
Ray County isn't bad. There are some other guys on here that live in Ray County, too.

I don't have a whole bunch of land, but I have a little room to shoot and haven't had any problems.

I actually just built this. Hopefully I'll have some time to use it.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/368070/Screenshot_20180402-202230-502928.JPG
View Quote
I'm in Richmond..hit me up if you wanna blow shit up some day. I've got several steel knock downs.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:47:11 PM EDT
OP...Only thing the law states is you must shoot at a responsible target....
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 4:45:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:01:15 PM EDT
Platte County regs are pretty simple.... Only has regs as it relates to being in a platted subdivision with 10 or more homes. Even then, there are allowances for discharge of firearms...
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 3:47:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/18/2018 3:50:42 PM EDT by Ronnoc]
I'm in Richmond (Ray county), no issues shooting here or in Davies county.

Sounds like quite a number of us like in the Ray County area or close nearby like Carrollton or in Excelsior Springs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 5:42:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ronnoc:
I'm in Richmond (Ray county), no issues shooting here or in Davies county.

Sounds like quite a number of us like in the Ray County area or close nearby like Carrollton or in Excelsior Springs.
View Quote
You guys should have a HTF get together
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 1:13:55 PM EDT
Thanks bros. I updated the OP. Found a shanty that needs some TLC but has nice land.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 2:07:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 12:07:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AeroE:
I would not want a system that relies on pumping.
View Quote
Yeah that's asking for it to back up into the house.

We have a lagoon here, and it's been fine so far.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 10:40:28 AM EDT
Old wells and old septic systems with "sketchy" installs are not something you want to take on. If either of those systems is over 15 years old I'd be factoring in a new system into the purchase price of the house. if you plan to live there more than 10 years you're going to need to upgrade and/or replace either or both of those systems. But that's me being overly critical as I know at anytime I can either build or locate a 2005+ spec house that uses all of the latest shit for less than what a neighborhood home would cost me and I'm not even in construction business.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 10:45:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/28/2018 10:58:07 PM EDT by GripnAK47s]
Little more info. It was installed 4 years ago. (house was built in 98)

It does have a lagoon, this pump and tank is in between it and the house. Paid for a full inspection...They ran 250 gallons through the system and it functions fine.

The inspector basically said its not up to MO regulation of tank size but does work. No other issues with setback or lagoon etc....There is no pump failure alarm, so that would be a must on this thing!

Had another guy tell me that he would rather replace a pump than have the tank dug up for inspection/work in the future. Im not knowledgeable on it, but sounded logical.

Ive decided we can shit in the woods for the "freedom" and privacy im about to have
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 11:16:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GripnAK47s:
Little more info. It was installed 4 years ago. (house was built in 98)

It does have a lagoon, this pump and tank is in between it and the house. Paid for a full inspection...They ran 250 gallons through the system and it functions fine.

The inspector basically said its not up to MO regulation of tank size but does work. No other issues with setback or lagoon etc....There is no pump failure alarm, so that would be a must on this thing!

Had another guy tell me that he would rather replace a pump than have the tank dug up for inspection/work in the future. Im not knowledgeable on it, but sounded logical.

Ive decided we can shit in the woods for the "freedom" and privacy im about to have
View Quote
I'd still bust the seller on the parts that are not up to code or needed like the alarm. discount that from the purchase price of the house as what happens when the county all of a sudden one day wants everything up to code? Not likely but still possible.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 11:26:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2018 11:30:05 AM EDT by AeroE]
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:15:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2018 2:18:39 PM EDT by GripnAK47s]
The pump is very easy to get to....just a concrete lid in the yard, its all wired out there. Ill try and get a pic next time im out there.

The 50 galllon tank does go to a lagoon. Seems it should be one or the other.

Ill check up on that PDF as well...what are the cliff notes you are referring to?
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:11:01 PM EDT
OP, if you are getting a loan from a bank for the purchase, that system being non-compliant can jam you up. The bank will want the inspection and if not up to code, may not be willing to make a loan.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:50:43 PM EDT
The 50 galllon tank does go to a lagoon. Seems it should be one or the other.
View Quote
Solids rest/decompose at the bottom of the septic tank. The liquified part then rises and goes to the lagoon.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 4:13:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2018 4:21:36 PM EDT by GripnAK47s]
OP, if you are getting a loan from a bank for the purchase, that system being non-compliant can jam you up. The bank will want the inspection and if not up to code, may not be willing to make a loan.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
No worries there.
Originally Posted By 67Firebird:

Solids rest/decompose at the bottom of the septic tank. The liquified part then rises and goes to the lagoon.
Understood. I will be finding out what it cost to put a big tank in the ground. Need some grading done, maybe could kill 2 birds with 1 stone there. Sounds like I won't have an issue with a new install in regards to layout... so I will prepared as such. I appreciate the help.

Still have to find a reasonable siding guy and figure out internet in the boonies, that isn't satellite.

Another concern is a couple neutral wires getting hot in the panel connection. Need to figure that one out pretty quick
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 6:37:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 8:20:13 AM EDT
I'm buying a new place in a couple of weeks. The existing "system" is a straight pipe out into a pasture. I am going to have a 1,200 gallon tank installed by a friend that does it for a living. He said he thought it would be about $4K. YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 11:07:04 AM EDT

View Quote
I wouldn't mind doing a meet and greet shoot some time.

TS2
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 11:49:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TargetShooter2:

TS2
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TargetShooter2:

TS2
Shit im in...
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 12:54:21 AM EDT
50gal seems way to light for solids. If you are going to put in tank look at what county will make you do. Some are funny on what they want what regs say and what they Approve can be different and more conservative but that tends to be a closer to the city problem. I have seen lagoons. But usually with a lot of land.
I have airator pump, filter and pump to the field also but this stuff isn’t cheap. But nothing to be afraid of.
Remember to remind all residents and guests no flushing tampons or condoms or Clorox wipes.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 11:58:14 AM EDT
To reply to your 4GAS question on internet. 50GB is NOTHING for a home to blow through. That's their best plan. Just to give you an idea, last month on AT&T DSL 50MB service, we blew through a terrabyte of data (1024 GB) with downloads and streaming. Once your 50GB runs out, you'll be stuck with 1-5 mbps download speed, which will royally suck.

But, it may be your only choice if DSL or Cable isn't available. And yes, Satellite internet blows.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:22:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Brassaholic13:
But, it may be your only choice if DSL or Cable isn't available. And yes, Satellite internet blows.
View Quote
We recently dumped Hughesnet and got Viasat/Excede, and though it has the normal satellite issues it's been good. Last month we used 1.4 Terabytes, which includes my Roku because I dumped Dish too.

It's still satellite, but the new Viasat is worth checking into.
https://www.exede.com/plan-results/internet-plans/
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 5:30:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/23/2018 5:35:29 PM EDT by turbov6camaro]
i use 4g at my house, im a network engineer

what info do you need?

you will need about $600 for equipment

and what they said above is true, the data limitis suck, if you can get t-mobile you will have a much better time)

i have not tried the satilite options
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 1:45:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2018 1:46:12 PM EDT by GripnAK47s]
Sorry for the late reply bros.

On the septic, it's a 50 gal that also pumps to a lagoon. I'll probably switch out for a 1k tank as I can dig for it.

On the internet... I went for the mofi 4500 cellular router thing and I'm getting 10mbps which it runs everything we need. The att data limit doesn't seem to affect us and we have gone 200+gb.

That said, I would like to improve speed and signal etc... Any recommendations of what I need would be great as far as an antannae or equipment.

Edit: att... Tmo is no go here.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 11:06:38 PM EDT
you need a booster, this is the one i use in my house

that mofi 4500 is what i run (and we run at work for backup)

you may need to band lock and test to find the best band

band scan will help with that also

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AWGY4TE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

if you know where the tower is, this is the better one (faster speeds) i get 50x50 with verizon at me house, usaly 30x10 though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AWGY5FM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

if 499 is to much you can just buy a directional anntenna and use that instead of the omni one (about $50)

you will need a 75ohm like this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KY4Q7AY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

hope this helps, there are app on your phone like cell map to help you find towers, other too
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 10:22:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By turbov6camaro:
you need a booster, this is the one i use in my house

that mofi 4500 is what i run (and we run at work for backup)

you may need to band lock and test to find the best band

band scan will help with that also

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AWGY4TE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

if you know where the tower is, this is the better one (faster speeds) i get 50x50 with verizon at me house, usaly 30x10 though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AWGY5FM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

if 499 is to much you can just buy a directional anntenna and use that instead of the omni one (about $50)

you will need a 75ohm like this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KY4Q7AY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

hope this helps, there are app on your phone like cell map to help you find towers, other too
View Quote
Thank you for the help bro!

I am a caveman and trying to keep up. Im down with the 500 booster if it works.

Found a tower app that was a high rating and d/l it. Do these screenshots tell you anything?

Also, if im following: this thing doesnt hook up to the mofi...it just brings a stronger signal...thus making internet faster? Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 11:24:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/27/2018 11:30:43 PM EDT by turbov6camaro]
you want to aim at that closer tower and you want band 5, Band 5 has more bandwidth but less range.

now note some time the further tower will be better becuase it has less users on it

in your mofi
click
"mofi internal modem"

click "band scanner"

once it is done the high number (less negative) is USUALLY the fastest. you will probly get band 12 and band 5. loack on 12

it will reboot

then run a speed test. record speeds

then lock on band 12 -- reboots again

run a speed test.

repeat for other bands

you can move the mofi around to find the best signal, this is where you want your boost antenna !!!

sometimes 3 DB: so going from -100 to -97 can double or triple speeds !!

now once you get your booster you will have to do this again.....................

the booster brings the signal from a better area of signal, your -105 if you can get -95 you will be much faster. into your house so helps devices in the house.

when those device transmit, it picks that up, amplifies and shoots it directly at the tower. this impoves uploads speeds on LTE (phones voice and txt get better also.)
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 11:37:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/28/2018 12:05:44 AM EDT by GripnAK47s]
Many thanks! The only band available to lock is 12. Ill get that booster and stuff on the way and see what happens.

Edit: got the good kit you mentioned for $375 at bestbuy with some combined and save deal with 2 phone charger cables
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 11:48:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/27/2018 11:49:28 PM EDT by turbov6camaro]
oh forogt under the signal are in your MOFI you want to see this (im verzon so different bands) and i have a static ip

Operational Mode: LTE
Band: B4 LTE bw: 20 MHz (1700 Mhz)
Carrier Aggregation: INACTIVE LTE Scell band:B13

Signal Strength: -68 (dBm) (Excellent)

when i run a speed test this Carrier Aggregation: INACTIVE turn to ACTIVE and it uses both band for much higher speeds, this only works if you have good signal on both bands though

like this

Registered on Network: Yes
Carrier Aggregation: ACTIVE LTE Scell band:B13

to make this work click "advance band lock" (clear out the other ban lock)

check the 2 bands that have good signals (5 and 12 for example, I have 4 and 12 checked)

its a bit of trial and error but once you get it set up you will be good for a long time :)
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 11:50:39 PM EDT

Many thanks! The only band available to lock is 12. Ill get that booster and stuff on the way and see what happens.
View Quote
you should still lock on that band, it will keep from drifting to a crappy band !!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:13:10 AM EDT
oh forogt under the signal are in your MOFI you want to see this (im verzon so different bands) and i have a static ip

Carrier Aggregation: INACTIVE LTE Scell band:B13

Signal Strength: -68 (dBm) (Excellent)

when i run a speed test this Carrier Aggregation: INACTIVE turn to ACTIVE and it uses both band for much higher speeds, this only works if you have good signal on both bands though

like this

Carrier Aggregation: ACTIVE LTE Scell band:B13

to make this work click "advance band lock" (clear out the other ban lock)

check the 2 bands that have good signals (5 and 12 for example, I have 4 and 12 checked)

its a bit of trial and error but once you get it set up you will be good for a long time :)
View Quote
Is this what you are refereeing to?

Connected Using: GOBI7455
Interface: eth1
Device Control Port: /dev/ttyUSB2
Manufacturer: Sierra Wireless
Module IMEI: 359072060515...
Module Serial: LQ65244560....
Module Revision: SWI9X30C_02.24.05.06 r7040 CARMD-EV-FRMWR2 2017/05/19 06:23:09
Firmware: ATT
Model: MC7455
APN: broadband
Band: B12 LTE bw: 10 MHz (700 Mhz)
Carrier Aggregation: NOT ASSIGNED
Signal Strength: -115 (dBm) (Very Poor or No Connection)
Signal Quality: -15.6
Diversity Signal Strength: -110 (dBm)

Not sure where to change the aggregation...
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 3:53:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2018 10:39:24 AM EDT by GripnAK47s]
Another interesting note:

On my note 8, when I check the Mofi network connection, it shows 100+mbps. Using speedtest on anything shows 10 on a good day....anything to that?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 5:00:43 PM EDT
Another interesting note:

On my note 8, when I check the Mofi network connection, it shows 100+mbps. Using speedtest on anything shows 10 on a good day....anything to that?
View Quote
That's the connection from the Note 8 to the Mofi, not the network connection from the Mofi to the actual internet.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:41:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Brassaholic13:

That's the connection from the Note 8 to the Mofi, not the network connection from the Mofi to the actual internet.
View Quote
Thx brother
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 10:18:52 PM EDT

Is this what you are refereeing to?

Connected Using: GOBI7455
Interface: eth1
Device Control Port: /dev/ttyUSB2
Manufacturer: Sierra Wireless
Module IMEI: 359072060515...
Module Serial: LQ65244560....
Module Revision: SWI9X30C_02.24.05.06 r7040 CARMD-EV-FRMWR2 2017/05/19 06:23:09
Firmware: ATT
Model: MC7455
APN: broadband
Band: B12 LTE bw: 10 MHz (700 Mhz)
Carrier Aggregation: NOT ASSIGNED
Signal Strength: -115 (dBm) (Very Poor or No Connection)
Signal Quality: -15.6
Diversity Signal Strength: -110 (dBm)

Not sure where to change the aggregation...
View Quote
wow you need a booster bad i'm surprised you get 10 megs with -115 signal............. usally that is nothing at all for less than 1meg

carrier agg depens on the tower you are connected to also

a booster might let the CA, it seems you dont have another band in range for it or the tower doesn't do it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 10:46:01 AM EDT

wow you need a booster bad i'm surprised you get 10 megs with -115 signal............. usally that is nothing at all for less than 1meg

carrier agg depens on the tower you are connected to also

a booster might let the CA, it seems you dont have another band in range for it or the tower doesn't do it.
View Quote
Assuming its real time, I will walk around the house with extension cord and see if I have a better spot.

When I just checked, its still on band 5....but I selected all the bandlock to stay at 12...?

Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:22:29 AM EDT
Quick update. I did get the Surecall yagi panel setup in, but haven't had much time to play with it. I did get it out and stretch everything out just to see if it did anything. It immediately jumped our signals 2 bars, while showing multiple frequency errors (not installed yet)

I will get some time soon to install, we are very hopeful!

(Also, it immediately did go to band 12...so I think thats good?)

Thanks for all the help!
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 10:33:47 PM EDT
My apologies for the late reply, I have alot of rods in the fire at the moment.

Finally just got the yagi panel stuff put in and with the flip of a switch, went for poor / no connection to full bars excellent. Phones now have 4G LTE solid now and the internet is faster!

Many many thanks brethren!

Link Posted: 8/7/2018 1:41:15 PM EDT
If it is ok with the OP I'd like to keep this thread alive to try and understand about rural internet.

I've just bought some land near Bowling Green MO and I need something.

It has a rat-trap of a house on it currently and I plan on building a nice house on it next year.

Need a short term and long term solution. They may be the same?
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 5:32:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Deuskid:
If it is ok with the OP I'd like to keep this thread alive to try and understand about rural internet.
View Quote
If you're subscribed, I think it'll keep the link even when it drops to archives.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 8:22:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 67Firebird:

If you're subscribed, I think it'll keep the link even when it drops to archives.
View Quote
Ok then....

I'll subscribe [didn't know that ... thanks] doing so w/ this post

Also welcome, with the OP's blessing, any info and explanation[s] about rural internet...

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:02:57 AM EDT
Where I live, the only choices are hot spot and satellite. The best I've found, that we had installed a few months ago, is Viasat/Exede satellite. I can have YouTube going on my PC, Netflix on TV, and a couple other people in the house watching movies at the same time. It has the normal problems of satellite, but is very good.

https://www.exede.com/plan-results/internet-plans/
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top