Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2020 6:17:27 PM EDT
Probably staying in Plainfield.  Moving from Michigan, Indy has some kick ass gun laws I must say.  What do I need to know about the area?
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome, brother.  Let me know if you need help finding a parish.  If you have specific questions, feel free to post or PM.

ETA: Stay outside of 465.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#2]
As the above poster said , look to live outside the circle!

To me Indy is a great place that is big city , but also still has the semi country feel.

Wife and I used to go there to just get away for a weekend or run a number of the races they have.

Welcome to the state
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Plainfield has a police academy there as well as having the reception and diagnostic center for DOC. It's the place all inmates go to first before being assigned to their prison. No worries about escapes though, they're not there long enough to make plans.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for everyone's advice.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are working in Plainfield, find land just outside Hendricks county.  it's a lot cheaper and not too much further to work.  I work in Plainfield and live 45 miles away in Parke County.  Parke County is even more affordable than Putnam County.  If you need a guide to go around with you, let me know.  Do not live in Marion County!!
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Plainfield does have one of the better gun shops in central Indiana.  So if nothing else, you got that going.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Plainfield does have one of the better gun shops in central Indiana.  So if nothing else, you got that going.
View Quote

Good point.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 12:16:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Indy has some kick ass gun laws I must say.  What do I need to know about the area?
View Quote

FYI, Indy = Indianapolis. Indy restrict guns to the maximum extent they can. If they could further restrict them they would do so.

Indiana, OTOH, has pretty awesome gun laws like preemption which is what prevents Indy from further restricting guns.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I got out of MI several years ago...  You'll love it here!
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show ............... if it starts again.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#12]
    I don't live there and you guys are spot on, but, don't forget the "donut tax". OP, Marion county and each of the surrounding counties have a higher, not much, sales tax. It goes for the sports teams and such. It may not bother you, but it's a thing, or at least it use to be. I dunno, I live way south of there, and don't keep up on it much.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the replies, finally got my start date I'll be a Hoosier as of March 25.  Going thru the process to join Marion County fish and game.  I can't wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top