Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2014 2:29:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/10/2014 2:32:20 PM EST by ElIntocable]
So my '07 Yamaha YZF-R6S is needing some TLC on the seats, mainly the back one as it has a hole and the foam is exposed. I called a place and they quoted me $450. That sounds high as heck. Any suggestions/recommendations?

ETA: A brand new rear seat costs $116. The front seat is $120. Hell, I just may go that route...
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:02:57 PM EST
I have no idea about anyone in that area, but based on the quote, I'd go to the fabric store and spend probably less than $20 in materials and give it a shot myself. If I didn't like the results, I'd buy the new ones. There's probably some great tutorials online.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 2:44:26 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:
I have no idea about anyone in that area, but based on the quote, I'd go to the fabric store and spend probably less than $20 in materials and give it a shot myself. If I didn't like the results, I'd buy the new ones. There's probably some great tutorials online.
View Quote

That's what I was thinking. I have all the tools needed, just need the materials.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:07:45 AM EST
Well, I found a guy who does awesome work. $80 for both seats; any color/style as well. He said I could ride my motorcycle over there and he'd be done in 30 minutes. He sent me some pics of his work and he's pretty dang good. Sure beats $450.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:12:13 AM EST
That's a lot closer to what I would expect for that type of work.
Top Top