Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/4/2005 5:55:07 AM EDT
Anyone know of sombody in Houston that can rebuild a motorcycle engine? I am thinking about buying a vintage one, and it has a siezed motor. It is a Maico.

Thanks,

John
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:54:45 AM EDT
The guy in Beaumont that had the Yam. shop used to race bul's and Maicos ' Revon Craig. He is still around there i believe. Just pull the plug and fill cyl. with liquid wrench and let soak, on a 2 stroke, only the rings stick most of the time. Ya may get lucky if the motor is still all together. Later, and see ya at October Blast. Wayne B.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:59:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bigthicket:
The guy in Beaumont that had the Yam. shop used to race bul's and Maicos ' Revon Craig. He is still around there i believe. Just pull the plug and fill cyl. with liquid wrench and let soak, on a 2 stroke, only the rings stick most of the time. Ya may get lucky if the motor is still all together. Later, and see ya at October Blast. Wayne B.

Unfortunatley Revon sold out and some guys bought his shop. Last I heard he was retired living on Sam Rayburn. Stubbs cycle I think messes with vintage stuff, but two strokes are easy, as long as the bottom end isn't shot. Just do like he said and fill it with oil so it'll work around the rings. Most likely it will unseize it and then rebuild is easy as long as you don't have to split the cases.

Which Maico is it if you don't mind me asking? That brings back of lot of memories of my youth, my dad used to flattrack Maicos and Bulltacos.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:47:41 AM EDT
It is a 73 501. I think I will pass on it. The guy that has it, has a couple more of them. This is one of those, if it looks to good to be true, it probably is, kinda things.
Top Top