Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2011 10:53:03 AM EDT
I was talking with family back in Virginia and they were telling me about an area Mormon church that sold bulk foods. They even have a canning and dry storage clinic for putting up food. Are there any centers like that in the area that you guys know about?

Thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  There is one in Aurora.  I go there every now and then to buy bulk stuff... they dont seem to care whether youre a member of the church or not... just a bunch of really nice people.   not to mention, the prices are great!

Locations

enjoy!
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#2]
just saw a video on this a few days ago
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 6:13:39 AM EDT
[#3]
In Grand Junction there is a Mormon storefront that sells bulk foods,  I think its called the "Bishop's Storehouse".
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully I can get my stores finished up now!
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#5]
There's one in Colorado Springs, too, just east of Powers I believe.   I've been meaning to get over there, this cold weather is more motivation to go fill $100 worth of #10 Cans.
Link Posted: 10/9/2011 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone used the one in the Springs?  I'm not LDS so I'm wondering if they require you attend with an LDS member or if $$ is all it takes.

G
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Has anyone used the one in the Springs?  I'm not LDS so I'm wondering if they require you attend with an LDS member or if $$ is all it takes.

G

IM longhunterco
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 12:55:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There's one in Colorado Springs, too, just east of Powers I believe.   I've been meaning to get over there, this cold weather is more motivation to go fill $100 worth of #10 Cans.

Hey Stoner,
One by Specialty sports. Dont know the hours right now, but I think they are not open weekends.

I need to go there myself

Link Posted: 10/12/2011 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

G

IM longhunterco

WILCO, down in Victoria Texas now so will do it upon my return.  Props to  the Clegg Industries folks I met today for their support of our wounded veterans.

G
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Guys.Someone from this thread (maybe?) emailed me about the dry cannery in Colorado Springs. I have lost your email. Please EM/IM me again.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

G

I am in the same boat as Cromit32 - basically I am looking at a plan "b" place to top off on some of my preps.  I have the standard bulk food already (rice, beans, oats, wheat, sugar, salt)  mostly using 5 gal food grade buckets / liners / o2 absorbers.  I would like to know the rules, etc for accessing the local LDS cannery.   I figure that I could use some of the smaller 1 gal containers to allow easier access.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#13]
You are more than welcome to volunteer your time to help out there for service I am sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top