Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 5/2/2003 7:14:24 AM EDT
I've been tossing around the idea with Pitsnipe & Nascar3n8fan the idea of a regular dinner/meeting with some of the local Mid-MO members...
The Mid-MO Crew[:\]

The Texas DFW crew meet regularly for Dinner, Beer, "Gentleman Club" activities...
just to socialize with other ARers...

We probably have enough people in the area to have a nice size group. Where is the closest HOOTERS??? Have they got one in Columbia???
If not we need to start a franchise there...

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 2:59:26 PM EDT
I guess we'd also have to set one up for St. Louis and KCMO. 2 hours is a long drive for dinner.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 3:28:18 PM EDT
I'm interested in a St. Louis area dinner meeting.

If you all are well behaved, perhaps we should have a cookout, say after a day of shooting as my guests at Benchrest. We could also get together for a shoot at Reifsnider or Logan Wildlife areas.

Another option we should explore is an occasional outing to shoot Sporting Clays - you can't use an AR, but any shotgun with two shots is great. But be forewarned that Sporting Clays is extremely addictive.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:57:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AeroE:
I'm interested in a St. Louis area dinner meeting.

If you all are well behaved, perhaps we should have a cookout, say after a day of shooting as my guests at Benchrest. We could also get together for a shoot at Reifsnider or Logan Wildlife areas.

Another option we should explore is an occasional outing to shoot Sporting Clays - you can't use an AR, but any shotgun with two shots is great. But be forewarned that Sporting Clays is extremely addictive.

I reasonably well behaved and might be interested. About those clays - did you say shoot or hit. I can shoot everytime, but that hitting part doesn't have as good of an average.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:47:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/4/2003 9:48:43 AM EDT by Cutter75]

Originally Posted By kpel308:
I guess we'd also have to set one up for St. Louis and KCMO. 2 hours is a long drive for dinner.

Exactly, I was looking to stimulate interest in Mid-MO, but everyone should feel free to get their local friends together to meet once and awhile. This puts faces to the posts...

I met ShakyJake & Duke_Nukem yesterday @ Finger Lake for a shoot. I (personally) had a great time, learned something new, and had fun meeting some ARers...

Duke said it shouldn't be to hard to get some of the gang together...

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:18:57 PM EDT
I'm talking about shooting at clay pigeons, not necessarily hitting them (usually I hit more than I miss, but it's close some times). Shooting Sports (Truxton) and Black Hawk (Old Monroe) are close, River Hills near Booneville is awesome. Don't worry about scores, I'm happy if I shoot a little better each time out and get some diversion from work.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:16:58 PM EDT
I'm a new board member that lives in KC. I would be interested in a monthly meeting.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:34:19 PM EDT
A Hooters and a Krispy Kreme, that's what we need. I can't believe we don't have either one. Columbia would be a great place for a Hooters. We do a ton of work at the University and believe me there are plenty of healthy young women who would make excellent waitresses.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:57:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/7/2003 6:58:03 AM EDT by Cutter75]
I can see it now...

SHOOTERS HOOTERS

We'd have to have meetings just to audition the waitresses...

- yep, she's a keeper...

- I don't know, It's hard to decide...
can we look at them one more time, yeah...
Hey DUKE run those applicants through one more time...
Damn, at this rate well be here all night...

{grin}

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:37:05 AM EDT
Asked the DFW Crew what they do together, just to give us an idea of what the extent of gatherings can entail...

Here's their responses...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=169853

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:11:55 AM EDT
Sounds good to me.
Top Top