Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/30/2009 7:21:16 PM EST
I am thinking about attending Rocky Mountain College, just curious as to what schools around may have an ROTC detachment for either Army or Airforce. Furthermore, how is this school? Lastly, I believe the requirement for deputy in MT is 18, can anyone clarify this? I know Oregon is 21 and think I am mature enough to take on the responsibility of being a deputy, and would like to get some experience perhaps before I move back to Oregon after college, or maybe even stay in Montana if I like it. Im me please.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:29:46 AM EST
rocky mountain college is located in billings which is montana's largest town. it has a population of just over 100k people. billings has everything you need to live, 2 malls, department stores, cabelas, gun shops etc etc. wouldnt be too bad to live there.

there are a few different private gun ranges close to town but the waiting list is long. there is also some blm land around that you can go shooting on.

temps average around 90 -100 in the summer and can go higher. in the winter temps average around the teens and dip down into the negatives once in a while.

as far as the ROTC program i dont believe that rocky has one. i think the closest schools that do are MSU (bozeman) and UofM (missoula)

as far as the deputy question i think the requirement is 18 but dont quote me on that.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:53:55 AM EST
Originally Posted By tothemax:
rocky mountain college is located in billings which is montana's largest town. it has a population of just over 100k people. billings has everything you need to live, 2 malls, department stores, cabelas, gun shops etc etc. wouldnt be too bad to live there.

there are a few different private gun ranges close to town but the waiting list is long. there is also some blm land around that you can go shooting on.

temps average around 90 -100 in the summer and can go higher. in the winter temps average around the teens and dip down into the negatives once in a while.

as far as the ROTC program i dont believe that rocky has one. i think the closest schools that do are MSU (bozeman) and UofM (missoula)

as far as the deputy question i think the requirement is 18 but dont quote me on that.

Thanks a bunch! Does the University of Missoula, lie in close proximity to RMC? How about Volunteer Fire opportunities in Billings, any there or close by?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:10:39 AM EST
University of Montana in Missoula is about 350 miles from RMC, about 4.5-5 hours. Montana State University in Bozeman is about 1.75hour drive from RMC.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:49:56 PM EST
correct. U of M is on the west side of the state next to idaho.

as far as volunteer fire opportunities in the billings area you have the following departments
Lockwood
Shepherd
Blue Creek
Laurel

those would be the closest places to vol at.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:07:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/31/2009 5:08:05 PM EST by Mill3niumThr33]
If your seriously interested in Volunteer Fire I could hook you up in either Billings or Bozeman. My company builds and mantains emergency vehilces for Bozeman and some of the other counties. Our boss is a Full Time fire fighter that works in billings for his shifts and lives in Bozeman. Hes dug in with all the departments from billings to west yellowstone to bozeman and beyond. He always tries to get me to join the Volunteer , I'm sure he could help you out.

Also thumbs up for bozeman or missoula. I am not a huge fan of billings for other than shopping for stuff you can't get in the smaller towns. Bozemans great for the 18-30 crowd in my opinion, nice college town but I can see why some dislike the rampant californians
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:51:19 PM EST
UM in Missoula has an Army ROTC program as does MSU in Bozeman and MSA has an AF ROTC as well. Carroll college in has an ROTC program in Helena.

PM me for my Phone # for details ( I'm not a recruiter BTW)

HTH,

Ed
Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top