Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2008 8:03:34 PM EDT
Well????

I got a TON of ammo!!! Over 3000 rounds of assorted calibers  I might have enough for the Sept. LCR now
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Going tomorrow am.  Gotta pick up some .223 and 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
! chamber brush
50 hard cast .44 mag bullets w/gas checks
60 rds Yugo 8mm Mauser

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#3]
did a quick once over on the room, pickup the now threaded Colt barrel from SNS; headed over to see James at S/A and picked up a brick of Aguila® for my OA-RFA and a 20 round PMag, then stopped off at the Rainier Arms table and picked up a GG&G® Model #1275 EOTech Lens Cover.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Picked up a 20 rd P-Mag from Rainier, some Wolf 7.62x39 from SurplusAmmo, a couple of Bulgarian waffle mags... and a RomyG from huge_gator.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought a rifle and pistol
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Empty handed.

But I really lusted for that S&W M27 on that one table....

I've been telling myself that the last gun I need to be happy is a crisp six inch Python, but that K frame .357 nearly made me stray.  Good thing he wanted Python money for it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#7]
2 cases of MRE's...

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The Model 27 is an N Frame.

So what was it?

3.5", 4", 5", 6", 6 1/2", 8 3/8"? No Dash -1 -2 -3?

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I know that.  That's the point of it really.  I thought it was a four inch but now I'm not sure if it could have been five.  Dash I don't know but it was not a current production piece.  I've never seen a finish like that on a Smith before.

I also saw a Llama Omni.  For some reason I've always wanted an Omni.  The one there was a nine though and I want a 45.

Last year I wanted a Marlin 39a and the cupboard was bare with none to be found.  I ended up getting a pretty nice one for way too much money on GunBroker.  Of course there was a table today with three of them.  Pretty nice.  Two of them looked like they were purchased as a pair and one was a carbine lenght bbl.  BTW, the M39a is a really fun little lever gun - highly recommended.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Jeez.  The wife got home and I told her I didn't get anything at the show but I fell in love with a revolver.  She sez "so why didn't you get it???"

Then I mention to youngest daughter that I saw a revolver at the show that I really liked.  She sez "so why didn't you get it???"

With wimmenz like these, it's really hard to stay thrifty...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Nothing but cleaning supplies for me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
2 cases of MRE's...

Where ya getn' these from?

I could use some more.

I got: Jerky and 3 USB thumb drives in the 8GB variety from an arfcommer... NWred.

I got to Chat with John from SurpAmmo for quite a while, it was pretty cool, He showed me pictures of some of his toys. He Has lots of the things I really want.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:28:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
2 cases of MRE's...

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:15:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
2 cases of MRE's...

If a cretain person gets some, I usually get offered a case...   since this wasnt the case...   where did ya get tha goods "G"
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Range bag.  Tired of carrying stuff to the range in 3 separate cases...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#16]
7.62x39 ammo from Surplus ammo, Want to see what the hollow points do to what ever wanders into FOF. Haven't been a member here long enough to recognize folks but, it was nice seeing you. he he.
Something did catch my eye though; fella had a Springfield SAR (8 i guess?). Nice looking, not as beat up as some others I've seen, green furniture, and a top rail,running the entire length of the receiver. T the guy said the SAR's with the rail were LEA designated. I liked the feel, and it's parent (HK) has always been intriguing. So I come home and start doing a little reasearch. Everything that came up was eventually negative. Apparently SA used an aluminum receiver that never worked out. Additionally, a couple people that took the time to write, said it's not fixable, and that those that bought one said they "made great 100 yd TARGETS" or "mantle pieces.  Recommendation was to go with an origanal HK. I'm still researching, and posibly in the market...  Comments?
Oh, got a coffee across the street, can't remember what the "theme" was, I was distracted.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
7.62x39 ammo from Surplus ammo, Want to see what the hollow points do to what ever wanders into FOF. Haven't been a member here long enough to recognize folks but, it was nice seeing you. he he.
Something did catch my eye though; fella had a Springfield SAR (8 i guess?). Nice looking, not as beat up as some others I've seen, green furniture, and a top rail,running the entire length of the receiver. T the guy said the SAR's with the rail were LEA designated. I liked the feel, and it's parent (HK) has always been intriguing. So I come home and start doing a little reasearch. Everything that came up was eventually negative. Apparently SA used an aluminum receiver that never worked out. Additionally, a couple people that took the time to write, said it's not fixable, and that those that bought one said they "made great 100 yd TARGETS" or "mantle pieces.  Recommendation was to go with an origanal HK. I'm still researching, and posibly in the market...  Comments?
Oh, got a coffee across the street, can't remember what the "theme" was, I was distracted.

Check out the PTR 91...You can pick up a new one for about the same price as a used SAR8.

www.ptr91.com/products_ptr.html
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check out the PTR 91...You can pick up a new one for about the same price as a used SAR8.

www.ptr91.com/products_ptr.html

Yeah dude, get a PTR91, so I don't have to, one has been on my to get list for a while... Then I can shoot it when I want!  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I must not have been paying attention (were we drinkin'), I remember you saying something about a HK, but kind of figured it was a pistol?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Crown-n-Seven... Road trip??
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Something did catch my eye though; fella had a Springfield SAR (8 i guess?).... So I come home and start doing a little reasearch. Everything that came up was eventually negative. Apparently SA used an aluminum receiver that never worked out.

There is also a SAR8 preban that was imported in 1989 after the first Bush import ban.  The old SAR8 was actually an overstamped SAR3 and is virtually indistingushable fm the HK91 except it has a wood thumbhole stock, welded pin muzzle nut and the bipod mount is hosed up.  It was made in Greece on HK tooling and has a proper stamped lower receiver instead of the cast piece on the Klinton era SAR8.

It was possible to convert the SAR8 to proper configuration during a short period in 1989 and in fact one of the sister companies of Springfield Armory sold "accuracy kits" for the SAR 8 that had the pistol grip, stock, flash suppressor and twenty round mag.  When asked how that improved accuracy, they replied that with twenty rounds instead of ten you were twice as likely to hit your target.

I think the current PTR is pretty close in quality to the SAR3/8.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Model 27 is an N Frame.

So what was it?

3.5", 4", 5", 6", 6 1/2", 8 3/8"? No Dash -1 -2 -3?

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I know that.  That's the point of it really.  I thought it was a four inch but now I'm not sure if it could have been five.  Dash I don't know but it was not a current production piece.  I've never seen a finish like that on a Smith before.

If it was a 4" -2 you might want to kick yourself as they are pretty scare but it's more likely it was a -3 which means no pinned barrel and no recessed cylinder unless it was a transition make and it was a mishmash.

4" 27-3
i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/From%20Picturetrail/handguns/c3a23e9f.jpg

4" & 6" 28-2
i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/From%20Picturetrail/handguns/5ab93b79.jpg

I don't have a 5" to show for comparison.

but I'll throw in a 27-2 3 1/2"
i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/From%20Picturetrail/handguns/d61bb77e.jpg

Phil you found my weakness.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#25]
At the coughcentraliacough show I got three more of those $5 mags for my G3.  Talked myself out of anything more expensive.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:08:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Crown-n-Seven... Road trip??

Make it a short trip!!!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=93&t=550956

Nah, I heard that guy was "really mean"... "jerk" even!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top