Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 8:21:13 PM EDT
Ok this is my Rant.

Im Really Damn tired of being stopped in town. the other day i was stopped 3 differnent time by 6 + different cops because i guess they were looking for somone.

Tonight i was Stopped because i crossed on the cross singnal, and when he looked over it said dont cross. when i was 1/2way through the intersection it changed on me, He had a ridealong with him  so i think he was showing off to him,
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ok this is my Rant.
Tonight i was Stopped because i crossed on the cross singnal, and when he looked over it said dont cross. when i was 1/2way through the intersection it changed on me, He had a ridealong with him  so i think he was showing off to him,

You crossed the crosswalk on a red?
Did he ticket you?
He might be a training officer with a rookie on the passenger seat.
I doubt if he was showing off, I think he was doing his job.

+1 to Monroe PD.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok this is my Rant.

You crossed the crosswalk on a red?
Did he ticket you?
I doubt if he was showing off, I think he was doing his job.

+1 to Monroe PD.

There is more to the story, the bandit tax collector had a what appeared to be an under age "ride along" dressed in shabby clothes, the bandit was going to have the ride along run the ID, Hoot had the good sense to put a stop to that, that is very bad form to say the least.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You crossed the crosswalk on a red? no it gave me the White Coss Signal and it changed to the dont cross thing when i was 1/2 way through the intersection.

Did he ticket you? No, I Confronted him About it

I doubt if he was showing off, I think he was doing his job. i think he was just being an ASS

+1 to Monroe PD.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Vancouver cops are worse...

I rode the bus for about 9 months, taking a class at the skills center, ended up in Downtown.. anyways, at the transit mall waiting for my bus, this bike cop(you know, gun belt and scarey bike shorts? ) comes up to me..

Wants my ID, look in my bag, and to know what I was doing downtown. I ask why, he gives a rather dumb answer like I should just because he asked. Told him wasn't any of his business and the guy really started getting irritated. Didn't do anything but was pretty much an unprofessional jerk.

What was funny was at the time I had no ID or anything like that anyways. Shouldn't be to hard on the guy, as they had been busting people dealing down there several times, but still! I didn't exactly look the dealer part

Now, Clark County Sheriff's Deputies, Camas PD, and Washougal PD are for the most part an outstanding group to deal with.. well there is a couple guys on Camas that have issues, but I won't go there.. and one of the Washougal guys carries a 1911, whats up with that

Edited for spelling
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ok this is my Rant.

Im Really Damn tired of being stopped in town. the other day i was stopped 3 differnent time by 6 + different cops because i guess they were looking for somone.

Hoot....THAT'S a RANT???????????

Strat...ask his Doc to ratchet down the meds. Poor dude raves on, and on....in monotone.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok this is my Rant.

Hoot....THAT'S a RANT???????????

Strat...ask his Doc to ratchet down the meds. Poor dude raves on, and on....in monotone.

It keeps him warm  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Can't walk down the street without the law demanding your obedience...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#8]
true matt, its not really a rant but it just a Cops Piss me off thing

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Pretty much the way it is for any person that is young, male or female, Monroe has gotten out of hand we have way too many tax collectors and not enough safe easy things for them to do, i would buy them all the coffee and donuts they could eat if they would run the criminal aliens out of town along with the gang members.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much the way it is for any person that is young, male or female, Monroe has gotten out of hand we have way too many tax collectors and not enough safe easy things for them to do, i would buy them all the coffee and donuts they could eat if they would run the criminal aliens out of town along with the gang members.

Criminals and gangs are what they mean when they say diversity. They are exporting their problems out of the cities. They spent a lot of our money creating these freaks and now they are unleashing them to overrun the land. It's called low income housing.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Criminals and gangs are what they mean when they say diversity. They are exporting their problems out of the cities. They spent a lot of our money creating these freaks and now they are unleashing them to overrun the land.

But the criminal gangs Are the tax collectors
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Criminals and gangs are what they mean when they say diversity. They are exporting their problems out of the cities. They spent a lot of our money creating these freaks and now they are unleashing them to overrun the land.

But the criminal gangs Are the tax collectors

And as you have pointed out before, they do work together.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#13]
You stupid dumbass....

Everyone knows that you are supposed to J-walk in Monroe!...

You think Im kidding?..
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:59:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You stupid dumbass....

You think Im kidding?..

He was not J walking, I go through Monroe late just about every night when it is late after 22;00 the lights always change from green to red when you are only half way through, when the light goes green you have to gunit in order to make it half way into the inersection before the light changes.

Who ever ets the timing on the lights needs their ass kicked and the police twice for knowing the light timing is bullsshit.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:17:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You stupid dumbass....

You think Im kidding?..

R-32 J-walking doesnt work, a few months ago they tried to get me for J-walking on a bike. when I pulled out of a parking lot, Using the rules of the road,  

Riding on the Road - When riding on a roadway, a cyclist has all the rights and responsibilities of a vehicle driver (RCW 46.61.755). Cyclists who violate traffic laws may be ticketed (RCW 46.61.750).

And the Criminal Tax collector didnt believe me that I was in the right, I had to argue with him to not get a ticket
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#16]
At least you didn't draw down on them....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Give me names...

I will ask them to stop picking on you...

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You stupid dumbass....

You think Im kidding?..

He was not J walking,

That is why he got busted.

Sounds like the young lad needs some lessons on not sticking out like s sore thumb.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
That is why he got busted.

Sounds like the young lad needs some lessons on not sticking out like s sore thumb.

Hoot works as a clerk at the military surplus store on main street, the riff raff in blue  spend time in that store they should know who he is by now,
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#20]
the one who stopped me lastnight was the ass that everyone knows
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I agree with the late night light timing in Monroe. It really STINKS! Good thing I occasionally drag race.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
the one who stopped me lastnight was the ass that everyone knows

STRAT's a COP?????!??!??!??!?!?!?!

NofuckinwaymanIdon'tbelieve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(j/k!)
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Ok this is my Rant.

Isn't this a light issue rather then a cop issue?
Washington state has guidelines for pedestrian lights, maybe monroe should be following those or asking their citizens for input about pedestrian lights that only sprinters are gonna manage.  I don't wanna rain (more) on anybodies parade if we're all having fun with the cop angle, but the councils more likely to listen and have the power to change this. And... they're -easily- contactable:
http://www.ci.monroe.wa.us/info/Contacts.php
has a link for a group that emails all of the councilmembers, I'd tell it to you but then you wouldn't have to go to their web page and see all the names and phone numbers and such.
And that's -my- rant.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:16:37 AM EDT
[#25]
You don't have a Glock holster screwed to frame of your bike do you?

(A poke in the eye out to SKSGuy!)  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You crossed the crosswalk on a red? no it gave me the White Coss Signal and it changed to the dont cross thing when i was 1/2 way through the intersection.

Did he ticket you? No, I Confronted him About it

I doubt if he was showing off, I think he was doing his job. i think he was just being an ASS

+1 to Monroe PD.

I think he was just being an ass on this one.  Most crosswalks whereever you go will turn red hand by the time you take a few steps in the crosswalk when the green hand flashes.    Sorry to hear you got harassed.  That's just petty crap that he had to waste his time on.  They must be bored over that side of town.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Wants my ID, look in my bag, and to know what I was doing downtown. I ask why, he gives a rather dumb answer like I should just because he asked. Told him wasn't any of his business and the guy really started getting irritated. Didn't do anything but was pretty much an unprofessional jerk.

Edited for spelling

Sounds like he didn't have probable cause to look in your bag.
Asking for ID is OK but looking in your bag without PC is a sad thing.  I woulda got his badge # and called in the Attorney General's office to make a complaint.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You stupid dumbass....

You think Im kidding?..

He was not J walking, I go through Monroe late just about every night when it is late after 22;00 the lights always change from green to red when you are only half way through, when the light goes green you have to gunit in order to make it half way into the inersection before the light changes.

Who ever ets the timing on the lights needs their ass kicked and the police twice for knowing the light timing is bullsshit.

Sound like a call to the city hall and be in a bitchy sound of voice will help solve this.
The more complaint, the more chances they will take a look at the problem.
That sux.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Where TF is Monroe anyway?  Is it next to Roy?
Sounds like they're asses out in that area of the state.
I thank GOD I don't live near places like that.
Y'all got some BS drama going on there.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Where TF is Monroe anyway?  Is it next to Roy?
Sounds like they're asses out in that area of the state.
I thank GOD I don't live near places like that.
Y'all got some BS drama going on there.

Home of three large state prisons and the new mexico teaming with alien gangs and relatives of the inmates in the Monroe prison, they get extra money to deal with all the problems the prisons bring.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I think he was just being an ass on this one.  Most crosswalks whereever you go will turn red hand by the time you take a few steps in the crosswalk when the green hand flashes.    Sorry to hear you got harassed.  That's just petty crap that he had to waste his time on.  They must be bored over that side of town.

yea there are over more cops then are needed here and they are bored
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edited for spelling

Sounds like he didn't have probable cause to look in your bag.
Asking for ID is OK but looking in your bag without PC is a sad thing.  I woulda got his badge # and called in the Attorney General's office to make a complaint.

jonathan, correct me if I read this wrong, but it sounds like he asked to look in your bag, NOT that he forcibly took the bag and searched it?
TRD- A cop can always ask to look and gain your consent to a voluntary search. No nuisance complaint to the AG is warranted there.
A LEO also can stop and identify a person regarded as suspicious, to determine if they are up to no good. Some LEO's do make bad decisions.....

If there was a complaint anywhere in there, it's his unprofessional manner and demeanor. THAT warrants a call to the Chief or Sherriff.

In hoot's case I'm sorry to say that lodging a complaint for CUBO or Conduct Unbecoming an Officer, would attract more attention than it would solve..
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
[In hoot's case I'm sorry to say that lodging a complaint for CUBO or Conduct Unbecoming an Officer, would attract more attention than it would solve..

yea your right about that, it would probibly just bring more problems
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:09:31 AM EDT
[#34]

TRD- A cop can always ask to look and gain your consent to a voluntary search. No nuisance complaint to the AG is warranted there.
A LEO also can stop and identify a person regarded as suspicious, to determine if they are up to no good. Some LEO's do make bad decisions.....

In hoot's case I'm sorry to say that lodging a complaint for CUBO or Conduct Unbecoming an Officer, would attract more attention than it would solve..

Everyone makes bad decisions sometimes, that's normal.  My question is, if the cops asks and u refuse, what can happen?  I understand the stop and identify, these days, it's necessary, a cop got shot in the face in Pooyalop a few weeks ago.  Sad.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
My question is, if the cops asks and you refuse, what can happen?

They need a warrant.

The real question is what can the police do with you and/or your closed bag until they get a warrant to search it?  Hopefully, nothing at all.

Back to the real world, the one with people in it, I imagine that getting a police dog that is trained to detect (insert something illegal here) to come and pee on it sniff it would be reasonable, but they could not unreasonably detain you to wait for the dog to show, say, if it was clear on the other side of the county, without "reasonable suspicion" (def).

Just saying "no" to a warrantless search is not reasonable suspicion, IMO.  Like you said, everyone makes mistakes, but those in power need to use it sparingly.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
www.police-state.net/policestate.jpg

After taking a cofee and donut break from Starbux (they come out for duty)  Is that during the daffodil parade?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#38]
lastnight i went to Starbucks for a cup of coffee and 4 sheriffs were in there 3 cars and 1 ford Exploder, 3 men and 1 woman all having coffee and doughnuts, and at the safeway a few blocks away, there were 6 city cops.

Why does there need to be that many in town
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
lastnight i went to Starbucks for a cup of coffee and 4 sheriffs were in there 3 cars and 1 ford Exploder, 3 men and 1 woman all having coffee and doughnuts, and at the safeway a few blocks away, there were 6 city cops.

Because that's where the coffee and donuts are.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Your full of shit Peewee...( They dont do "donuts" at starbucks).

Dont forget in Monroe there is the Monroe PD, the East Pct for the sheriffs office, a office for the State Patrol, we are the last big town before heading East. It makes a perfect place to put cops.

Then you can add in the Corrections officers, The odd Game agent....

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your full of shit Peewee...( They dont do "donuts" at starbucks).

Dont forget in Monroe there is the Monroe PD, the East Pct for the sheriffs office, a office for the State Patrol, we are the last big town before heading East. It makes a perfect place to put cops.

Then you can add in the Corrections officers, The odd Game agent....

Ok French pastries, oh wait that Should be Freedom pastries in now days terms
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Hoot, all those cops were doing a shift briefing.  So there's nothing wrong with that.  I think it's cool, I would rather do a briefing at a Denny's over hot coffee and donut over some other dumpy place.
That or they were doing a prior to raid briefing.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top