Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 3:10:42 AM EDT
Kinda' quiet on the board the last few days, which leads me to believe everyone had a busy weekend.

Me and the family were going to the air show on Sunday until I saw what a cluster Saturday turned out to be (So much for having a .....so instead I went out and spent way too much $ for another WWII weapon I don't need (Details later). This fascination with WWII era guns is killin' me!

....and the wife, mom and grandmother had a great mother's day.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:14:06 AM EDT
[#1]
We hit the British car show at Chateau Elan on Saturday, and then attempted to go to the airshow.  Yeah, right.  After witnessing that cluster, we drove up to Helen and played minigolf.  Found a damn good barbecue joint up there, too.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:21:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Found a damn good barbecue joint up there, too.

Black River BBQ?

Yeah, my weekend was busy.  Lots of family stuff both days.  Got my new Daniel Defense 9.5 tube in the mail Saturday, so I guess I spent a little gun money after all.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:55:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:22:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Found a damn good barbecue joint up there, too.

Black River BBQ?

Nope, new place on S Main Street called Feisty Barbecue.  The owners gave us an order of roasted jalepeno peppers and garlic for free.  Ribs are extremely juicy and very tender, dry-rubbed on one side, wet mopped on the other.  Mexican cornbread is good, baked beans seriously rock, coleslaw is just a hair over on the sweet side, not bitter, but with a good bite.  The pulled pork is also good, sauces are homemade.

Best of all, open 7 days a week.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:44:41 AM EDT
[#5]
All I did this weekend was yard work and build another RRA lower.

I'm looking for a Bushmaster M4 Dissipator bbl assy if anyone has one???
Bushmaster is out, told me a couple of months.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:31:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, had a pretty good weekend.  Spent time with mom on mom's day, had a nice lunch, and I spent my gun allowance on a pendant for my mom.  Expensive, but it was worth it.  Anyone notice the prices on the DD free float tubes?  Are they going up?  I could have sworn it was like $300 for a 7.0 but now their website lists $332.  A vendor on EE (Denny's guns, IIRC) is selling a 7.0 for $290 shipped, is this a good deal?  I just might have to put this on credit and buy the bugger, since I really want one (although its not going on my pre-ban, so it'll have to wait until late September to be installed on anything )
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I stayed at home, I'll take my mom somewhere another day and avoid the crowds.  

Im just obsessing over ordering more gun stuff.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:13:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Ghost, $290 for a 7.0 is a good deal.  I'm not sure if their prices are going up or not.  I will tell you I got a SMOKIN' deal from EagleFirearms on a 9.5 tube.  Got it Saturday.  Grant (gandrtactical) also has good prices on the DD stuff.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:39:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Well did nothing on Saturday but work.  I had a long Friday and flew a plane with no coms, navs, compass was broke and the prop was somewhat loose.  We were transfering a plane from South GA to Athens.  Thats something that made me fly ass tight.  Sunday met up with Allen and MArty at the indoor range in Norcross.  Took the Beowulf for its test flight.  I got some issues with the YHM front site but they are working on it now (YHM).  What a freaking cannon that is.  Might end up selling it?  Who knows.  But I must say MArty has some really cool toys to play with.  Shot several Full auto guns and I must say we were the envy of the range.  Allen was loading some really hot 45 rounds and everything was just a cool time to chill hanging with some of the group.  

Well hope to see you all there at the gun show this weekend coming up.  Ill bring my Beowulf for show and tell and maybe unload in it for several other guns.  Well see...

Hope all is well with all!

G
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#10]
So the Beowulf ain't what it's cracked up to be, eh?  I was wondering.  A shame too, since you were all excited about it.  You gonna at least keep the SIR?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I did yard work, lots and lots of yard work.

My father is trying to talk me into buying his unissued-unfired Jungle Carbine

My wife is gonna be PISSED!!

Like we always say "It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission"
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My wife is gonna be PISSED!!

Like we always say "It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission"

Yeah, until she says "I'm sorry, but I'm leaving you because you blow our money on guns.  I hope you'll forgive me, but don't talk to me, talk to my lawyer."
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm entirely too charming for her to leave me, I've ruined her for all other men.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#14]
No I really like the Beowulf but man it lays a punch on ones shoulder.  I fired 4 rounds and I broke blood vessels in my shoulder.  Its make one freaking big ass hole but the rounds are $1.25 each shot.  I allowed Marty to shoot it and you should have seen his face when he handed me the gun.  There is not that many more guns out that that kick as hard as that.  

Both of them were talking me out of that and into a FAL and a M1 shotgun.  I could get both for what I got into this and have 2 works of art.  I do not know it is still the mother of all ARs to me!

Ill let you see it this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I am stuck in a mickeysoft class and I have a 'brand new' (to me) Garand sitting all alone...poor me.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#16]
MMMMmmmmmm what was that address again?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I have been busy.  I had to go back to work. And having a newborn is very time consuming.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I am stuck in a mickeysoft class and I have a 'brand new' (to me) Garand sitting all alone...poor me.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Hey....get back to your class.  What do you think this is?  Me working while you play on the internet???   Oh wait....that's what you do anyway.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Hey....get back to your class.  What do you think this is?  Me working while you play on the internet???   Oh wait....that's what you do anyway.

No thats what I do 8 hours a day, because my job is that boring.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Why didn't you take it to the class?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Yabba, have we seen you in the GA section before today?  Don't believe I have.  Welcome!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Yabba, have we seen you in the GA section before today?  Don't believe I have.  Welcome!

I lurk therefore I am.  I was with Byte at one the gunshows and Mexican.  I know I met you and a couple others.  One day I'm going to make a shoot, that is if I can pry myself off the river.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Yep, I remember.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#24]
It wasn't delivered til 9:50ish...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

No thats what I do 8 hours a day, because my job is that boring.

I know what you mean...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, I worked until noon on Saturday and then spent the rest of the weekend getting over the remainder of the creeping death I had last week.  Also, since I only live a couple of miles from Dobbins, I got to watch the air show for free.    I really need to get this upper put together, too...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I guess nobody has a Bushy M4 Dissipator bbl assy to sell me?

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Nope.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Well I got home and started getting a migraine, it probably started on the drive home. Anyhoo, I opened the Garand and it is really nice, like I would know. I like it. I will post pics later this week as my head is throbbing right now.

btw, does anyone know what is supposed to be included with the M1? Their FAQ said a manual, sling, certificate, and clip. All I gots was a certificate. I posted on their forum and will email them if I do not get some feed back. That we have to wait too. I gotta go somewhere dark and quiet.

Goodnite irene.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#31]
I thought only women got migraines...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

BiteMe and goodnite...for sure...finally...really....

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BiteMe and goodnite...for sure...finally...really....

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Wouldn't that be Byte Me?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I guess nobody has a Bushy M4 Dissipator bbl assy to sell me?

~ s0ulzer0

Naaah, got to be one of those hideous beautiful dissipator barrels in the EE.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:40:47 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
btw, does anyone know what is supposed to be included with the M1? Their FAQ said a manual, sling, certificate, and clip. All I gots was a certificate. I posted on their forum and will email them if I do not get some feed back. That we have to wait too. I gotta go somewhere dark and quiet.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Call the CMP and they will send them to you. My first one had everything but the certificate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top