Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2017 10:23:03 AM EDT
He just said on Fox News that he is introducing legislation to allow congressmen (not anyone else) to carry in D.C.

We need to let him know that the people of Alabama expect better representation from someone who is running for Senator. The idea that representatives are above the citizens they represent has to be brought to an end.

Update: I just tried to email him. His .gov site wouldn't accept it because because I'm not a resident in his district. Make sure you use a zip code from his district if you try to email him through his .gov site.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#1]
This topic might be worth cross-posting this in GD.

https://brooks.house.gov/contact-me

Washington Office
2400 Rayburn HOB
Washington, DC 20515
 Phone: (202) 225-4801

Decatur Office
302 Lee Street
Room 86
Decatur, AL 35601
 Phone: (256) 355-9400
Fax: (256) 355-9406

Huntsville Office
2101 W. Clinton Avenue
Suite 302
Huntsville, AL 35805
 Phone: (256) 551-0190
Fax: (256) 551-0194

Shoals Office
102 South Court Street
Suite 310
Florence, AL 35630
 Phone: (256) 718-5155
Fax: (256) 718-5156
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought about posting it in GD, also.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#3]
GD fire-mission sounds like a good idea.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I posted it GD just now
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
35175-5266 works. That is my zip +4.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't believe he did this.

https://brooks.house.gov/media-center/news-releases/news-release-brooks-introduces-congressional-self-defense-act-allow

June 20, 2017 
Press Release
Washington, DC – Today, Congressman Mo Brooks (AL-05) introduced H.R. 2940, the Congressional Self-Defense Act, which empowers congressional lawmakers to carry a concealed weapon anywhere in America except the U.S. Capitol or when in the presence of the President or Vice President.  Brooks was at the recent baseball practice where a shooter attempted to assassinate Republican Members of Congress.  The shooter possessed a handwritten assassination list that included Congressman Mo Brooks’ name and office number.
Congressman Mo Brooks said, “Last week’s shooting at the Republican baseball practice highlighted and reinforced the increasing number of threats faced by Congressmen, Senators, and their families.  The truth is, if Steve Scalise’s leadership detail had not been present at last week’s practice, many of my colleagues and I might not be alive today.  If Congressmen or Senators at the practice had firearms, there is a strong possibility that the shootout would have ended earlier than it did.”
Brooks continued, “Although high-profile targets of lone wolf shooters and terrorists, Congressmen and Senators (excepting leadership) enjoy very limited to no law enforcement protection when off the Capitol Hill campus.  Surprisingly, because of Washington, D.C.’s restrictive gun laws, Congressmen and Senators are not allowed to carry a concealed weapon.  That is why today I introduced the Congressional Self-Defense Act to allow lawmakers to conceal carry so that they are better positioned to defend themselves against lone wolf and terrorist attacks.”
Brooks concluded, “Lest there be any confusion, as a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment Right to Bear Arms, I believe all law-abiding citizens should be able to conceal carry.  That is why I am an original cosponsor of H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017, to extend national reciprocity to all qualified individuals, as well as numerous other pieces of legislation ensuring that the rights guaranteed under the Second Amendment to the Constitution are not infringed upon.  As I have in the past, I will continue to defend all Americans’ Second Amendment rights with my vote.”
View Quote
His facebook page:
Last week’s shooting at the Republican baseball practice reinforced the increasing number of threats faced by Congressmen, Senators, and their families. The truth is, if Steve Scalise’s leadership detail had not been present, many of my colleagues and I might not be alive today. That is why today I introduced the Congressional Self-Defense Act to allow lawmakers to conceal carry so that they are better positioned to defend themselves against lone wolf and terrorist attacks.
Lest there be any confusion, as a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment, I believe all law-abiding citizens should be able to conceal carry. That is why I am an original cosponsor of the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 to extend national reciprocity to all qualified individuals. As I have in the past, I will continue to defend all Americans’ Second Amendment rights with my vote.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#7]
He knows the CCRA won't pass, but still wants his carve out.

Fuck Mo Brooks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got this from Mo Brooks

Dear Mr. Forrest:

Thank you for contacting me to share your views regarding H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017.

Representative Richard Hudson of North Carolina introduced H.R. 38 on January 3, 2017. This legislation purports to amend Title 18, United States Code, to provide a means by which nonresidents of a state whose residents may carry concealed firearms may also do so in the state.

H.R. 38 was referred to the House Judiciary Committee on January 3, 2017. As a co-sponsor of this bill, please know that should this legislation come to the House floor in its current form, or a very similar current form, I intend to vote for it.

Again, thank you for sharing your insight on this issue. Please feel free to contact me again in the future. You may wish to visit my website at http://brooks.house.gov/ for additional information about issues and legislation before Congress.

Sincerely,

Mo Brooks
Member of Congress

MB/EH
View Quote
And here is my response back to him:

Sir,
I did not contact you about HR 38. i contacted you about your bill, HR 2940, to allow Congress the to have national reciprocity. That sir, is the issue. Which do you think has a greater chance being put to a vote in Congress? Something that is for the people? Or something that will affect Congress? I assure you that National Reciprocity will be put on the backburner so that Congressional concealed carry gets a vote. That is what I am contacting you about. I am sure you have read "Animal Farm". All animals are equal, some animals are more equal than others. That is what the Congressional concealed carry bill is. All for me and none for thee. HR 38 should be voted on BEFORE Congressional concealed carry sees the light of day.

Joshua Forrest
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#9]
He gets no support from me.  Congressional members are no more entitled to defending themselves than I am. Pass it for all citizens or use your own money for armed security Mo. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top