Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 9:05:10 PM EDT
Mmmm, Norrell's Moly Resin, just like Grandma used to bake...

Custom curing oven set to 300, check.  Parts have been in there for an hour, check.  The whole shop smells like gun-love (or paint thinner, its late and I can't tell the difference).

Lets see what the flavor for today is.  Mmm, HK SOCOM black.  Looks like assorted G3 parts and an AR mag.

Back at the ranch, guess which parts are Norrell's HK black and which are crappy Century Arms grey oven paint?  I'll finish up later this week.

One bad thing about those steel Brit SA80 mags is that they tend to rust just a bit.  The one that's now black used to be more rusty than the one I have sitting next to it in the pic.  I think tomorrow I'll practice about 50 mag changes to see how the Norrell's holds up to abrasion in an AR magwell.

Yeah, that black mag looks pretty decent in my M4.  Now I can go to bed all warm and fuzzy inside.

Norrell's-- it's a good thing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#2]
that mag looks nice!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:54:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Dude were is the eotech!

what type sight is that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:55:23 AM EDT
[#4]
The EOtech is safe and sound. Got that Trijicon Reflex II in trade a few days ago and decided to try it out.  Its going up for sale soon if anyone is interested, I have all the accessories for it too.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:32:39 AM EDT
[#5]
looks good I know a AMD that can use a little moly resin lovin.
after it hardens completely we can take it to the range and see how it holds up under operating conditions
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:06:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Mmm mmm mmm... looks yummy.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Finished the G3 and decided, what the hey, I'll put that Trijicon on there and return my EOtech to its rightful place on my M4.  I'm really happy with how the G3 turned out, the pics just don't do it justice.  I also did a five round G3 hunting mag that I had lying around that had seen better days.  

G3 receiver before:

The big green G this afternoon:

Huntin' mag before:

And after:

Already got started on the next project.  Can you name this part?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Already got started on the next project.  Can you name this part?
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/MolonLabe/mikebrush.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/MolonLabe/mikebrush2.jpg

Forearm off of a Hungarian AMD.  -63 or -65???  Wood grip or the funky gray/green plastic?  And if it's a -65 build is it going to be a pistol, rifle or SBR?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Correct-a-mundo Riff.  Its actually already built, as a rifle config, and has been test fired.  
I just finished a couple hours of sanding on the pistol grips and stock.  It should be very nice looking for such a quirky gun.

Here's the "before", can't wait for the "after!"
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:01:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Sweet!  The AMDs are IMHO the most "evil" looking AK variant....the twin pistol grips giving "more thrusts per squeeze" & all that.  
The Romanian forward grip models just don't seem as menacing for some reason.
Add a drum mag & it'd be a real "CommieGun" according to my smart-assed buddy (ie the twin grips & drum mag being like a M1928 gangster era Thompson smg).  

One of these days I'll actually get started on my AMD65 kit.  Torn between extending the barrel for a rifle build or ditching the front grip for a pistol build (as a pistol she'd qualify for MO car carry.....).
Once you guys open & get up & running I've got a few projects to send your way.  Savage/Stevens beater shotgun in need of the paint & bake treatment, a Remington 521T needing reblue or whatever, the aforementioned AMD.........
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:36:41 AM EDT
[#11]
my good, that G3 looks good, scrambles to rummage thru the safe to find somthing needing done......

must be somthing..

wow bud looking good. Good luck on the whole deal.

Ronald
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Rick-- AMD 65 pistols are friggin evil as hell.  I'm probably going to build one for myself.  Oh yeah, we'll be selling complete AK receivers registered in our books as pistol receivers, for anyone who wants a little extra BATF CYA or who wants to start with a complete receiver to do their build.  We can even build it for you if you'd like.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#13]
wish you guys could do uzi pistols again. i allways wanted a uzi but no way i want a 16 inch barell just dont look right

Ronald
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, finished another set of projects today and started more.  As far as pics, Trent's AMD is back together and all one color for the first time.  Turned out good, the wood might not look that different but I have about 3 hours of work in it.  Its smoooooth now instead of chipped and scratched up.

Trent demonstrates zombie horde defense technique from within the MCA compound.  Thanks for doing the windows for us, you did a great job!

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#15]
you need to get your SOT soon i want to build some RPKs
and do some building on my 65 kits I'm thinking one pistol or AOW, and a rifle
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#16]
trent,
that baby looks like the cats meow!sure am glad you got it. how does it group?
R1150R
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#17]
This just came out of my oven Saturday. It's a different recipe than yours but I like it probably as much as you like yours.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Whoa... you won't be getting hammer bite anytime soon I guess.  Is that also Norrell's?  How long do you cure it?  I've been getting good results by curing a little longer than 3 hours at 300 degrees.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:57:09 AM EDT
[#19]
KG gunkote. I cure it for 1.5 hours at 330 degrees. Seems to be holding up fine.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey Trent, Looks great!  Hard to believe that’s the same gun.  School will be over in December but I'm getting the itch to start building again sooner.  I must be a glutton for punishment.  Give me a call and maybe if our schedules are compatible we can knock out a couple more kits?  I want to build a few 65's but need to pick up some receivers first (got spoiled on that Arsenal of yours).

Duke, excellent work!  Glad to see you're up and running with the refinishing side.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:01:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Should be getting the FFL and doing our first builds this weekend.  If all goes according to plan...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Officer960 I very much have the itch to get some more built. I'm wanting to get a 65 built along with a 74 fixed stock. the 65 most of all after shooting yours i love that gun. Hopefully Duke gets his FFL soon and can do a transfer for us on a couple Arsenal rec.
Officer960 I'll talk to you soon to try and find a time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top