Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 7:00:58 PM EDT
       I got a call today from my ffl, said my package from Spikes tactical came in. I ordered one of there 22lr pistols last week, and they said it would take two weeks to cut the barrel down to 4". I thought "Well that was awful fast!" I went down to the pawn shop all giddy and giggly, with my suppressor in my pocket to see if it fit the threads.
  I get there and they pull out a box that seems alittle small. I picked it up and it seems way too light. I open it up and it is just a complete pistol lower......No upper......    
  I figure "Damm they screwed up my order" Then a invoice falls out, and its not my name on it... I recognize the name from the sight here. Damm it was A nice lower...I ran my eyeballs all over that bastard,before I handed it back and told them there was a mix up.
  Spikes Tactical dident put a name on the box, and said reciepient hadent told the pawn shop to expect a transfer, so they just assumed it was mine......
On one hand,I'm bummed I did not get my new toy, On the other hand, Damm that was a good looking lower, parts kit looked great, If my upper looks any where as well built I will be a happy man!!!!

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn fisty you goobered dude's lower all up. I hope you at least wiped the drool off.  

oh well, wasnt you fault, I woulda done the same thing
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
A friend of mine just bought a lower from Spikes last week. He of course had it sent to a FFL to handle. He was a bit surprised when he received a box from Spikes. He asked if he should open it in which my reply was .......yes. It turned out to be three tee shirts and not a lower. He called Spikes who had the package picked up by UPS to deliver to the correct address. The lower was sent to the correct FFL.

The lower is very nice looking, but I think Spikes is having a bit of issues keeping up on his/there assorted orders.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A friend of mine just bought a lower from Spikes last week. He of course had it sent to a FFL to handle. He was a bit surprised when he received a box from Spikes. He asked if he should open it in which my reply was .......yes. It turned out to be three tee shirts and not a lower. He called Spikes who had the package picked up by UPS to deliver to the correct address. The lower was sent to the correct FFL.

The lower is very nice looking, but I think Spikes is having a bit of issues keeping up on his/there assorted orders.

That is too bad. I have and order ready to go in for a few lowers for my stash. Will give them a shot I guess.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Every time I've talked with Spike's they seem busier than shit, but really trying get me exactly what I want. I'm really excited about my new toy!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 1:39:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered 5 lowers (2 with the Punisher logo and 3 plain) from Spikes about a month ago. I got them in about 4 days and it was exactly what I wanted and ordered. I will order from Spikes anytime I need lowers again.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:35:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
       I got a call today from my ffl, said my package from Spikes tactical came in. I ordered one of there 22lr pistols last week, and they said it would take two weeks to cut the barrel down to 4". I thought "Well that was awful fast!" I went down to the pawn shop all giddy and giggly, with my suppressor in my pocket to see if it fit the threads.
  I get there and they pull out a box that seems alittle small. I picked it up and it seems way too light. I open it up and it is just a complete pistol lower......No upper......    
  I figure "Damm they screwed up my order" Then a invoice falls out, and its not my name on it... I recognize the name from the sight here. Damm it was A nice lower...I ran my eyeballs all over that bastard,before I handed it back and told them there was a mix up.
  Spikes Tactical dident put a name on the box, and said reciepient hadent told the pawn shop to expect a transfer, so they just assumed it was mine......
On one hand,I'm bummed I did not get my new toy, On the other hand, Damm that was a good looking lower, parts kit looked great, If my upper looks any where as well built I will be a happy man!!!!

After reading your username, I am reluctant to handle my new lower now.  I hope & pray that those are just spittle stains I see on it.

I picked up MY lower yesterday, and explained to A Cut Above, that when I offered to send a copy of the FFL to Spike, they said they already had them on file.   I assumed they would have told A Cut Above what the dealio was, but I was wrong.  

Sorry for the wasted trip, how's about I let you shoot the machine pistol it's going to become?  My upper and barrel should be here this week also, and I'm putting in a Ciener kit and a DIAS for another .22 auto bullet hose.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:20:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That is too bad. I have and order ready to go in for a few lowers for my stash. Will give them a shot I guess.

They are not bad lowers.  Finish is nice.  Haven't built one yet though but have a few of them in the safe.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#8]

After reading your username, I am reluctant to handle my new lower now. I hope & pray that those are just spittle stains I see on it.

I picked up MY lower yesterday, and explained to A Cut Above, that when I offered to send a copy of the FFL to Spike, they said they already had them on file. I assumed they would have told A Cut Above what the dealio was, but I was wrong.

Sorry for the wasted trip, how's about I let you shoot the machine pistol it's going to become? My upper and barrel should be here this week also, and I'm putting in a Ciener kit and a DIAS for another .22 auto bullet hose.

Sounds like a deal, That is one real nice lower, I wish i had the means to put the fun swich in mine..........
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:58:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Patience, Grasshopper...
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#10]

I picked up MY lower yesterday, and explained to A Cut Above, that when I offered to send a copy of the FFL to Spike, they said they already had them on file.  

Your Welcome
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Funny.

I ordered a t-shirt from Spikes through my ffl.  The ffl called and I went in to get my t-shirt.  I opened the box and there was a complete .22lr pistol with a cut down threaded 4 inch barrel.  Needless to say I drooled all over it and then said screw it, and ran out of there with it.

Thanks.  :)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top