Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2005 3:26:02 PM EDT
Well, can't make it to Millers tomorrow, but I think I found something to console myself.

miketv and me went to a dealer friend's place Friday to screw around and he gave us a very important assignment - take some of his rare and expensive guns out, test fire them, shoot his ammo, clean 'em up. It took quite a motivational speech to get us to sign on to such a crappy mission, but we finally accepted.

Worse yet, we had to endure pleasant weather, an empty range and way too many targets for one man to shoot at. I don't know how we got through the day. Thank god for beer, or we'd have been miserable.

Here's some pics...

M1C, M1D, 03A4, M1, M1, P17, M1, '97 Trench gun, Model 12, MAS 49/56 in .308.
The trench guns are both real, and mint.

If you're going to test a 90 year old trench gun worth many thousands, why not shoot clays with it?? It actually points pretty well....my dedicated target thrower even gave it her thumbs up!

miketv shooting the M1 sniper

me doing the same.

I'll miss you Millers guys tomorrow while I nurse my bruised shoulder, try not to feel bad for me tho....I suffer but I'm strong, I can take it....hehe.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Lucky.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a dirty job but someone has to do it. I just wish it would have been me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet. Gotta love that nice cool shade back there when theres work to be done
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#4]
You couldn't readily shoot that M1D around all of us, anyway.
You know, drool and all.
Ruins the stock wood.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:29:04 AM EDT
[#5]
You, sir...suck!  Very nice pieces to "play" with.  I bet it sure makes the cleaning worth it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:01:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Yepper,

twas a good time had by all yesterday and Swingset was nice enough to fit a Rock River NM trigger set to my lower. Made a HUGE difference in that A2 carbine, now the trigger doesn't feel like 50yds of gravel road he
 The rifles were fun to shoot but cleaning old rotten ammo afterward was a pain, dunno what it was but it was free..  Also shooting clays with trench guns is a hoot! Thankfully they pattern as advertised or I wouldn't have hit a damn thing heers,
    Mike

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome toys!!!  How did the MAS shoot?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Awesome toys!!!  How did the MAS shoot?

Pretty well for a frog gun. It's easy to bumpfire too.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#9]
It was like you were at Miller's "in spirit" this weekend.
SirDrinksALot bump-fired everything he could get his hands on, even his Garand.
You would have been proud.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I didn't have that much fun, but I did teach three people the art of bump firing (now that i've got "The Touch"). Oh and I finally got to shoot a 30 carb., but only once. Looks like you guys realy took one for the team out there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It was like you were at Miller's "in spirit" this weekend.
SirDrinksALot bump-fired everything he could get his hands on, even his Garand.
You would have been proud.

I'm just a lowly apprentince as it stands.

But it sure was fun!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top