Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/20/2003 10:20:12 AM EDT
Has anyone checked out this range just north of Florence? I know he used to run the gunstore at Tonys' near Leander. If so, what are the fees and ranges you can shoot at thanks
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:31:30 AM EDT
I went there yesterday, (after leaving Tonys N183 due to the new "No Rapid Fire Rules" and modification to the range -see post below for details on how the range has been pretty much ruined)

After leaving Tonys and driving 40+ miles to get there I figured I might as well try and find this new MinuteMan range which was just North of Florence.

I found the range, it is just North of Florence about a quarter mile into Bell County on 195.

Unfortunately there was a chain across the entrace that had signs that stated "Sorry we are Closed" and "No Tresspassing" hanging from it.

So I do not know if it is open yet or if I just hit it on a bad day.

There is a nice big new sign right off the road with the Name, Address, and Phone number.

I called the number and it just went to a generic voicemail box.

Anyway, yesterday was not the best day since I drove about 100 miles yesterday round trip Austin to Tonys N183, to MinuteMan, and back home without firing a single shot.

Not to mention I had a new XXX Warrior Suppressor and HK51 I wanted to try out.

It looks like HCR is the only game left in town for NFA/Evil Black Rifles, now the Tonys has been reworked.

James
Austin, Texas

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:54:23 AM EDT
James thanks for the reply. Gun range closed on a Saturday? Hmm Must have something to do with the holidays. Haven't been to Tonys' in a while,heard there was some kind of litigation going on there.Wonder what they consider"rapid fire"?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:41:08 AM EDT
please let me know the status as it unfolds. I went there early lastyear and shot, 1 round every 2 seconds type rule if I remember correctly. I was down that way from North Dallas. Thought about coming back down, not just for the range, and checking it out as I heard they were restructuring their rules.

c
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:32:13 PM EDT
jbntex, Do you still have that number to the Minuteman range? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:23:18 PM EDT
What the sign out front stated:

Minute Man Rifle Range

Guns, Ammunition, Accessories

24442 Hwy. 195

254-793-4088

James
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:38:08 AM EDT
Thanks James.Will give him a call and see what his hours are.Been hibernating too long ,need to go shoot.
Top Top