Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 5:21:34 PM EDT
Anyone from ARF a part of this? Strat? MigraDog?

Minutemen to start patrols

KIRA MILLAGE
THE BELLINGHAM HERALD

After months of controversy, the Minutemen have arrived.

The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, which has a strong following along the U.S.-Mexico border, is taking up positions along Whatcom County's northern border today to watch for people entering the country illegally.

"The principle of it is to get the government to realize as citizens, we believe after 9/11 that things haven't been done," said Betsy Madan, 48, of Lynden. She and her husband are among the volunteers who will monitor the U.S.-Canadian border from Hammer Road east of Sumas.

"It says a lot when regular citizens are willing to go sit on the border in pickups and cars," the homemaker said.

About 20 people are taking part in Whatcom County's first Minuteman patrol. Group members finished training with walkie-talkies and binoculars Saturday afternoon and went over the protocol of what to do if they see something illegal.

Tom Williams, a Deming resident and leader of the Washington Minuteman Detachment, said if corps volunteers see anything, they're supposed to turn on their recording equipment, call the proper law enforcement agency and call the Minuteman command center. The observers are not supposed to confront anyone, Williams said.

"We don't want to be between the border agents responding," the former U.S. Marine said.

Williams and other Minutemen have talked with the Whatcom County Sheriff's Office and the U.S. Border Patrol several times.

They have to alert law enforcement where and when their observations will take place, they are not allowed to carry long guns such as rifles (), and all members have had criminal background checks, according to a statement from Whatcom County Sheriff Bill Elfo.

"The activity the (Minutemen) purport they will engage in does not violate any criminal laws, and unless and until such criminal activity does occur, the Sheriff's Office is without authority to stop members ... from conducting their planned operation," Elfo wrote in a statement.

"The Minuteman project isn't made up of people that belong to any form of militia or vigilante group," said Paul Ridley of Marietta, who is not a Minuteman, but helped the group coordinate its campaign.

Several local organizations have criticized the group by claiming they're racist and target innocent people.

"I take offense to people accusing me of discriminating against people of color," said Ridley, who is part American Indian and has several minority children and grandchildren.

"Some American citizens have just come up here to observe the border to attract media attention to show the government needs to protect the border," he said. "Homeland security is a joke because our borders aren't secure."

"It's important to back up words with actions sometimes," Madan said.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]

"The Minuteman project isn't made up of people that belong to any form of militia or vigilante group," said Paul Ridley of Marietta

What a polesmoker. I suppose he's probably correct for the most part. Anyone that'd be willing to PATROL THE BORDER WITHOUT A RIFLE is a nutcase and would be tossed out of the militia.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The United States of America.....
A country that is at war with terror and we can't even control OUR OWN BORDERS!
What a joke! Thank the liberal ACLU "type" groups for screwing over our great country.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thank the liberal ACLU "type" groups for screwing over our great country.

Funny you should mention that, I have been musing over just such paradox as of late, the liberal grous which are many in the U.S. now do not have the power to oppress anyone or deprive them of freedom, liberals never invade a home at 0darkthirty and shoot innocent children in the back and throw bombs in the infants crib, no I sure hate the wicked evil agenda of the liberal groups but in spite of the evil philosophy of the commy groups non of them have ever infringed upon the rights of Americans as a whole.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it,  DOI
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, not a part of it. Conflict of interest!!
Funny though, the only protest I saw were some skanky, hippy types from Canada on the U.S. side of Peace Arch Park.
Of course there's a hispanic rights group called the "Cross-Border Coalition for Justice" or something like that saying the Minutemen are a bunch of gun toting racists.
At this point, all the Minutemen have done is annoyed the Border Patrol by tripping a bunch of sensors. I haven't heard of any apprehensions made as a result of the Minutemen yet.
I applaud their efforts though and hope that D.C. takes notice and begins to strengthen our borders.
Our open border are probibly the greatest threat facing America.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sorry, not a part of it. Conflict of interest!!
Funny though, the only protest I saw were some skanky, hippy types from Canada on the U.S. side of Peace Arch Park.
Of course there's a hispanic rights group called the "Cross-Border Coalition for Justice" or something like that saying the Minutemen are a bunch of gun toting racists.
At this point, all the Minutemen have done is annoyed the Border Patrol by tripping a bunch of sensors. I haven't heard of any apprehensions made as a result of the Minutemen yet.
I applaud their efforts though and hope that D.C. takes notice and begins to strengthen our borders.
Our open border are probibly the greatest threat facing America.

I was listening to the Lew Pate show on KIRO last night because he has a interview with the BP, Guy was just supposed to be a Rank and File type officer, What a Ass, You can tell the diff in attitude between the guy interview'd on the North, and the Guys on the South...I have a huge amount of Respect for the BP, but I have to think they put the Special Olympic crew in the north, and put the hardchargers down south... Then again Lew Pate is a loser, The guy is supposed to be so damn smart, how come he dont get the fact that these people are not out there to do the BP's job, IT IS A PROTEST!...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I was listening to the Lew Pate show on KIRO last night because he has a interview with the BP, Guy was just supposed to be a Rank and File type officer, What a Ass, You can tell the diff in attitude between the guy interview'd on the North, and the Guys on the South...I have a huge amount of Respect for the BP, but I have to think they put the Special Olympic crew in the north, and put the hardchargers down south... Then again Lew Pate is a loser, The guy is supposed to be so damn smart, how come he dont get the fact that these people are not out there to do the BP's job, IT IS A PROTEST!...

I've only met one of the northern border patrol fellas, and I don't think I'd say he was part of the Special Olympic crew...  and quote him while doing it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've only met one of the northern border patrol fellas, and I don't think I'd say he was part of the Special Olympic crew...  and quote him while doing it.

I did not say all of them were Special Olympics....

I have worked with BP in Cali as a member of the Natl Guard, and those guys have a different world no doubt.

I have been thinking of putting in for BP, but I also think my rotten luck would put me in Cali or along the northern...I would want Arizona or Texas...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have to think they put the Special Olympic crew in the north,

OK, this is where all the LEOs accuse you of being anti LEO

That is OK, We all know Im really 1Gunrunners Troll account...

Im not anti BP...Not by a long shot..I think There are Special Olympic type crews in the Fire Service, Police Service, Military Service also...Ya gotta put them somewhere, The bad /sad part is they end up putting them where they cause the least damage, when ya should shit can them.

In No way do I think that our Brother in Arms is a member of the Special Olympics. ( After I meet him I do reserve the right to change my mind.)

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny you should mention that, I have been musing over just such paradox as of late, the liberal grous which are many in the U.S. now do not have the power to oppress anyone or deprive them of freedom, liberals never invade a home at 0darkthirty and shoot innocent children in the back and throw bombs in the infants crib, no I sure hate the wicked evil agenda of the liberal groups but in spite of the evil philosophy of the commy groups non of them have ever infringed upon the rights of Americans as a whole.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it,  DOI

Not to pick sides, but, they're sure trying. It amazing how much damage a few lawyers can do.

The libs, more than anyone, want government control. That is the evil they are trying to perpetrate. They have made great inroads into our lives. Being born should not obligate a human being to anyone or anything. If we are not free to choose our loyalties, they are not choices, but obligations.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Not to pick sides, but, they're sure trying. It amazing how much damage a few lawyers can do.

The lawyers cannot do any damage. They're a bunch of unarmed pussies filing false documents claiming that their favored enforcers are justified in committing crimes against citizens. The real threat is the enforcement arm that follows the illegal edicts and harms persons and property. Only they can affect your life, liberty, and property.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:33:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny you should mention that, I have been musing over just such paradox as of late, the liberal grous which are many in the U.S. now do not have the power to oppress anyone or deprive them of freedom (no they just riot, spit on soldiers and give aid and comfort to the enemy) liberals never invade a home at 0darkthirty and shoot innocent children in the back and throw bombs in the infants crib, (whatcha smokin?) innocent children in the back? no I sure hate the wicked evil agenda of the liberal groups but in spite of the evil philosophy of the commy groups non of them have ever infringed upon the rights of Americans as a whole. (liberals...all for "free speech" UNTIL they disagree with the content)

Liberals are anti-american...anti-police...anti-military. They are MORE INTERESTED in providing "rights" to illegal aliens (NOTICE THE WORD ILLEGAL----AS IN AGAINST THE LAW)
terrorists in Gitmo, and other dirtbags than they do Americans who abide by the law, play fair and pay their taxes. Comeon Strat, get a grip. You sound like a Branch Dividian.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The lawyers cannot do any damage. They're a bunch of unarmed pussies filing false documents claiming that their favored enforcers are justified in committing crimes against citizens. The real threat is the enforcement arm that follows the illegal edicts and harms persons and property. Only they can affect your life, liberty, and property.

I just have do disagree. The real damage is done when the dogs are turned loose by the stroke of a pen. You can fight the dogs forever, or go after their masters and the dogs will come to heel.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Carried one step further, using the same math, isn't it the citizenship of this country who allowed all of it to happen under their watch in the first place? Ellected officials, appoint other officials, and so on.... We let it happen.... we're not victims, unless we decide to be.... so did we? Are we?

Until someone causes injury to you without consent you are not a victim. Collectively speaking, yes, the citizens are partially at fault because they've been negligent in their duty to protect liberty and justice. That does not, however, justify the usurpations of liberty and justice as advocated by collectivists and enforced by criminals.

The violation of the rights of citizens is just like any other crime. The current situation is essentially equivalent to someone (the lawyers, politicians and activists) hiring criminals (enforcers) to commit criminal acts against a third party (citizens). In such a case, it's appropriate to punish both the people who hire the actors and the actors because they share responsibility for the crime. The victim's only fault is that the failed to protect himself from the threats.

I just have do disagree. The real damage is done when the dogs are turned loose by the stroke of a pen. You can fight the dogs forever, or go after their masters and the dogs will come to heel.

But the lawyers are not the only ones telling the enforcers to attack us. Somehow this country has been perverted into a "democracy" instead of a Republic, and, unfortunately, a majority of the populace advocates violating the natural rights to life, liberty, and property. There are literally millions of "masters," as you call them. There is a much smaller number of enforcers.

Ideally, the correct response to usurpations of rights would be trials against all who participate in these criminal acts. There is not a legitimate system in place to do that, however. The best way that we can defend ourselves is to kill any who dare trample on our rights to life, liberty, or property. Just the threat of force will deter lawyers and other collectivists. As much as I would like to wipe collectivism from the face of the earth, it is not practical. We must learn to live on the same planet with them. The only way we can do that is to develop strong defensive measures against their encroachment. If they cannot enforce their psychotic will on us they can pass whatever bullshit edicts they wish and we can just laugh and flip 'em the bird.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#16]
The spokesman for the MMP on the northern border as well as the TV reports admit the actions of the MMP have a political aim, that is to call congressional attention to the unsecure borders.

The people have to endure attacks against themselves from all sides just to call attention to the important issues, even though the constitution specifically states the protection of the borders is a duty of the state.

God bless them for the courage to be active in the defense of their coutry, now it is time to try every elected state agent for treason.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I have been thinking of putting in for BP, but I also think my rotten luck would put me in Cali or along the northern...I would want Arizona or Texas...

I looked at the website for BP a while back.
A few things stood out in my mind ( besides the fact that I wouldn't be eligible, being to OLD to start with! ) ---

If you're 35 or more, forget it.
If you're almost 35, you need to make sure your application is marked properly and goes to the top of the pile.
You would need to be fluent in Spanish within a few short months --- so being sent to the northern border isn't likely at first.

Look up the website and see what you can find out.

www.usborderpatrol.com/

www.honorfirst.com/

Q.  I am over age 37 (or rapidly approaching it). Is it too late for me? Are waivers available?

A.  Age 37 is The Kiss of Death for entering on duty with federal law enforcement. There is a good reason for this. We have mandatory retirement at age 57. You must serve a minimum of 20 years to retire. 37 + 20 = 57.

There are no known waivers (except one, see below) unless you have previously served in a covered position with federal law enforcement. If you don't know what I mean by "covered" or "6c" then you have not been in one of these positions.

If you are rapidly approaching age 37, everything you send to Border Patrol should have "AGE" written on the outside envelope in big letters. This will let them know that you need to go to the top of the pile. The current rumor is that if you pass the written test and get a score before your 37th birthday, they will give you an age waiver. None of these tricks will not work for you 21 year olds, so don't even think about it.

Once you have been given the official "seal of approval" to enter on duty with the Border Patrol, you can be granted an age waiver up to the time you are assigned a class. DO NOT assume that you have been given an age waiver. ASK!

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I have been thinking about standing some watches with the  Minutemen ,, thought it would be a good thing to do.  

I'm too old to join Border Patrol, and too damn grumpy to put up with any political/PC.bullshit.

So I though the Minutemen, would be a way I could serve.

No sweat about the background check,, but this

are not allowed to carry long guns such as rifles

would pretty well blow the deal, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone have a link to them? I would like to find out a bit more
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I looked at the website for BP a while back.
A few things stood out in my mind ( besides the fact that I wouldn't be eligible, being to OLD to start with! ) ---

If you're 35 or more, forget it.
If you're almost 35, you need to make sure your application is marked properly and goes to the top of the pile.
You would need to be fluent in Spanish within a few short months --- so being sent to the northern border isn't likely at first.

Look up the website and see what you can find out.

www.usborderpatrol.com/

www.honorfirst.com/

Q.  I am over age 37 (or rapidly approaching it). Is it too late for me? Are waivers available?

A.  Age 37 is The Kiss of Death for entering on duty with federal law enforcement. There is a good reason for this. We have mandatory retirement at age 57. You must serve a minimum of 20 years to retire. 37 + 20 = 57.

There are no known waivers (except one, see below) unless you have previously served in a covered position with federal law enforcement. If you don't know what I mean by "covered" or "6c" then you have not been in one of these positions.

If you are rapidly approaching age 37, everything you send to Border Patrol should have "AGE" written on the outside envelope in big letters. This will let them know that you need to go to the top of the pile. The current rumor is that if you pass the written test and get a score before your 37th birthday, they will give you an age waiver. None of these tricks will not work for you 21 year olds, so don't even think about it.

Once you have been given the official "seal of approval" to enter on duty with the Border Patrol, you can be granted an age waiver up to the time you are assigned a class. DO NOT assume that you have been given an age waiver. ASK!

Try looking up the requirements for a Homeland Security Officer. It's a bit different from Border Patrol, but there is no age limit for new applicants. This is the job Customs and INS used to do.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So then what of Janet Reno?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Or Alberto Gonzales. Both are criminals and should be tried.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So then what of Janet Reno?

Janet Reno was AG, a government office of tyranny as opposed to ACLU with no direct governmental powers.

It is our duty still to endeavor to avoid war; but if it shall actually take place, no matter by whom brought on, we must defend ourselves. If our house be on fire, without inquiring whether it was fired from within or without, we must try to extinguish it.
Thomas Jefferson

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#23]
She certainly was destructive. Managed to get away with a coup. By sending agents in the night to grab that Cuban boy and send him back to Cuba, when the boy was involved in a State custody battle. And there was no reprisal. Or consequence for the Fed .gov
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:04:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
And there was no reprisal. Or consequence for the Fed .gov

I am not sure what point your trying to make, we may be talking past each other while in agreement.

The attempted point was that it is always government that is the greatest enemy of the people, the lone criminal or action group can quickly be eliminated by a single armed citizen, not so with a tyrants that possess a power monopoly.

Thats why the founder warned against standing armies & police forces because they always present the greatest danger to the peoples liberties.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And there was no reprisal. Or consequence for the Fed .gov

I am not sure what point your trying to make, we may be talking past each other while in agreement.

The attempted point was that it is always government that is the greatest enemy of the people, the lone criminal or action group can quickly be eliminated by a single armed citizen, not so with a tyrants that possess a power monopoly.

Thats why the founder warned against standing armies & police forces because they always present the greatest danger to the peoples liberties.

Thanks I see now. I just didn't see her as a lone criminal. But the face of the larger power monoply. Excellent point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top