Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/16/2005 7:29:23 AM EDT
After 18 years, lazer 103 is no more.

Tune in to 102.9 the HOG.

It would seem the new 97.3 "the Brew" took a little bit too much business away from them......
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:10:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RiftWeaver:

Tune in to 102.9 the HOG.

It would seem the new 97.3 "the Brew" took a little bit too much business away from them......

How?? two different types of music. Last I heard the brew it was all light rock and "office" music shit. Laser was the only decent Rock station around. How the hell did the brew have anything to do with killing laser.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:44:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2005 8:49:50 AM EDT by RiftWeaver]
Appearently, from the info I got.....

When the Brew started up, Lazer lost a large majority of it's listeners. The stations may have been different format but nonetheless, a lot of people moved.

The DJ's that are staying for sure are Bob and Brian. So far today there are no DJ's.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:19:12 AM EDT

Appearently, from the info I got.....

When the Brew started up, Lazer lost a large majority of it's listeners. The stations may have been different format but nonetheless, a lot of people moved.

The DJ's that are staying for sure are Bob and Brian. So far today there are no DJ's.

Wow so all those harc core rock addicts really weren't wow. To bad I hope they just expand what tye play and that about it as far as music changes.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:27:22 AM EDT

About time, they gave them the ax.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:42:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2005 12:44:33 PM EDT by BravoCompanyUSA]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:46:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:55:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BravoCompanyUSA:
WHAT ?

Kinda bums me out. Now I feel old.
The first time I turned on LZR, I was just home from MCRD.

Ya know, I turned on the radio yesterday and noticed some "weird format" of music coming out of 102.9 (Billy Joel - I think . . . wierd for LZR)

When did the switch go into effect. I listened to the BREW, but I didn't think many others did. But I also listened to LZR. Where their rating really that low?

What is their new format ?

Yesterday they were not yet "The HOG". They were playing anything and everything for fun with no DJ's. There was country, rock, pop, polkas and anything else being played.

Their new format is "Anything that rocks from the 70's, 80's 90's to today" I have listened to Lazer since they started just like this is today with no DJ's (18 years). I would lie if I were to say that at times I was upset with their playlist and the horrible rotation it had. Sometimes I will listen to WJJO out of Madison at home.

QFM and LPX you say? "93QFM Rocks Milwaukee!" I bet I could still find a couple of those QFM buttons at home if I had to.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:11:45 PM EDT

Anyone remember QFM or WLPX ?

My brother DJ'ed on QFM for a while. I think maybe even LPX, as well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:57:42 PM EDT
what was the station out of port washington that used to be 100.1 but got bought out by catholic radio
?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:18:46 PM EDT
"The Hog" kinda sucks so far from what I've heard today.I might have to listen to 102.1 or 94.1 now.

I think I still have something laying around the house with a 93QFM sticker plastered on the side of it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:00:38 PM EDT
Who was a member of the LPX "AIR FORCE"?

I had the chance to hang out at QFM in the early 80's.
The scene there could have been straight from WKRP.

Gene Miller was QFM's morning newsman.
Remember Jim Rodio in the morning?
How about when Tim the rock and roll animal sat out on the ledge of the building until
the WHO came to town!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:14:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:20:37 PM EDT

Anyone remember Z95 with The Wild Child Hamilton . . . ?
I don't think it was around more than a year?

Do you mean the Hot rock'n flame throwin Z95??
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:36:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:37:18 PM EDT
I've been listening to 102 or 94.1 for awhile now (sick of Guns n' Roses and Aerosmith shit on Lazer)
I listened today to see if the new format was any better.
It is exactly what I wasn't looking for!
Same shit I listened to in '89 on the school bus in the morning.
I think Bob and Brian can be funny now and then but, the rest makes me sick enough to say that I will never tune in again!
They must have just found QFM's playlist from '89 and started using it!
As for that dried up Marilyn, I hope she loses her job and goes back to work on Martin Luther King and North Ave.!
I'm done!
Have a wonderful night!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:48:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2005 7:48:33 PM EDT by BravoCompanyUSA]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:50:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:10:53 PM EDT
Oh yEah!!! WLPX, and QFM!!! I remember them. Styx was every fifth song, right?

I remember when Lazer first started. They were awesome and the only station to play Stryper on occasion.

What they were doing yesterday is a "blast", playing random songs in preperation for the format change.

Bob and Brian are syndicated around Wisconsin, and IMO the best morning show. They are average guys with a Judeo-Christian and Conservative bent on things. Good Stuff.

I have known Marilynn Mee for years, not very well though. She used to MC at TA Verns when I was playing the club scene in Milwaukee in the early 90's. Our singer back then called her a b****. She didn't like us after that.

"The Hog" sounds just like Lazer minus the nu-metal songs. I turned it on today and heard Ratt and Aerosmith.

I talked with the assistant program director at The Brew a month ago. The Brew is kicking Lazer's ass all over the map. Milwaukee is very 80's oriented to this day.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:36:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2005 8:37:36 PM EDT by RiftWeaver]

The HOG ?

Is Bob and Brian still on 103?

As far as right now, yes.....Bob and Brian are the only ones that have shown to have stayed. I believe their producer, Eric Jensen, is still around as well. I wonder what will happen to all of the DJ's, I think they tried to jump start things a little while ago when they imported the "bad ass" Fish to the scene. I guess it didn't work.

I think what the "Hog" is trying to be is a station just like "The Brew" but without the constraints of the 80's. They will play anything 80's to present that they feel rocks.

Yes, WJJO is out of Madison. I can't believe that such a liberal town gets away with a hard core off the wall radio station like WJJO. Many times I have heard songs on WJJO and thought to myself...."Now there is something you would never hear on Lazer or New Rock". WJJO definately plays a lot more metal and hard core rock, especially after midnight. I can tune in Madison stations at my house, north of Milwaukee. Sometimes I listen to them while I'm in my bat cave, reloading.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:37:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2005 8:37:51 PM EDT by MisterPX]
I admit it, I listen to the brew over lazer, but then again, I like teh 80's. Of course, I'd rather listen to Q101 when I can get reception.

Oh, and Rift. is that the Darkness for your avatar?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:42:01 AM EDT
i use to be a bigger fan of lazer in hs but i changed to listning to 102.1 I HATE ZEPLIN it pisses me off when old people say they are the best thing in the world(to you maybe but not me). i still listend to bob an brian some, they piss me off sometimes but mostly its ok stuff. but sometimes i'll pop around to jjo when i can get it
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:06:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MisterPX:
I admit it, I listen to the brew over lazer, but then again, I like teh 80's. Of course, I'd rather listen to Q101 when I can get reception.

Oh, and Rift. is that the Darkness for your avatar?

Heh, yes. I noticed somebody else had the same avatar as I did, so I had to/wanted to change. I am VERY artistically challenged so I had to find something else to use. I have a problem drawing a stick person.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:53:01 AM EDT

Oh ya Mitch in The morning
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:21:58 AM EDT
Didn't Mitch have a partner?

I remember something about Mitch and "One Eye" because his partner only had one eye. They came in to my work a few times with their vehicles. If I remember right, they were making quite the salary, even back in the late 80's early 90's. (like over 100k a year)
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:02:35 PM EDT

Didn't Mitch have a partner?

I remember something about Mitch and "One Eye" because his partner only had one eye. They came in to my work a few times with their vehicles. If I remember right, they were making quite the salary, even back in the late 80's early 90's. (like over 100k a year)

Y a I think Rob and some chick we use to sponsor them SUPER VIDEO!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:12:15 PM EDT
Remember Fast Eddie on 97 WLPX? I still have an unused LPX bumper sticker that will eventually go on the right car. Anyone remember WRKR?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:25:25 AM EDT
JJO. Used to be better when Glenn was the PD. Used to be more fun before they had to put the delay on for callers. The new PD pretty much neutered teh station. Even their morning show got predictable.

Used to listen to LZR when I worked in Lake Geneva when JJO wouldnt come in on some days. B&B are alot more funny than those 2 morons BOb and Tom out of Indy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:49:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tazaroo:
Remember Fast Eddie on 97 WLPX?

I would hope I do. He is my brother.

He was subbing in on light 97 on and off untill the Brew took over. He would sub in and out and was doing a show for a while on WISN before that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:20:33 PM EDT
Whoa, i've grown up listening to WLZR, "The Hog" sounds like another retarded 80s fest station. I listen to Q101 and 102.1 now, 97.9 if I want to listen to older rock. Given that I live in Racine, I get both Milwaukee and Chicago stations
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:18:36 PM EDT
Hey Flamethrower, didn't he used to work at Spartan Guns when they were on 84th and Cleveland about 20 years ago?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:48:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tazaroo:
Hey Flamethrower, didn't he used to work at Spartan Guns when they were on 84th and Cleveland about 20 years ago?

I am not sure about Spartan guns, he may have. It does sound farmiliar I do know he helped in the establishment of The Shooters Shop (84th 2 blocks south of Lincoln), and worked there for a number of years.

He is about 5'4" heavy set with a mustache. Black or very dark brown hair. Kind of looks like a worn out Mexican that ate to many borritos.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:01:06 PM EDT

Who remembers "This is a song about a fish...and fish are BAAAAAAAAAAAD"?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:26:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pointblanke:

Who remembers "This is a song about a fish...and fish are BAAAAAAAAAAAD"?

OMG I had that record, but I don't remember who it was.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:23:34 AM EDT
Top Top