Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2008 4:15:43 PM EDT
Anyone know how I can find out about New York state militias. I cant find anything online about membership. Seems like they don't want to be found. Which is understandable.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Its just so frustrating. How can I contribute if I cant contact the right people. who (rightly so) are not willing to make themselves known. Even if someone doesn't want to come out can someone just point me in a direction?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]
They are called the New York Guard I believe.....

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes I think they are still state run. I am looking for unorganized militia.  But I did come across the NY Guard in my research.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Start your own.

Also one topic is enough.

Also a low post count in a topic like this is indicative of a troll or even an entrapment attempt by law enforcement. Does NY even have any laws regarding militias for that matter?

Also we are all in the unorganized militia, regardless of if we are in some kind of group. If You're a male 17-49, You're in the militia, whether you want to or not.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I posted it in 2 sections. one was moved by an admin. to this section.

also, a low post count could indicate I just registered.

also, entrapment is illegal. and If I was a troll you could just not be drawn in and refuse to respond.

Thanks for your help. Yes we are all militia. I was looking for a little more organization than just me.

As far as laws in NY go. I dont know but I thought militias were legal everywhere. It would be pretty scary if they weren't. But maybe Im naive.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#7]
"Hello officer, investigator, agent, reporter...."

And if you're none of those, then the next question would be.... where the hell ya been?

Everyone wants to lock the barn door after the horses have run away (and the barn has burned down)
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:44:06 AM EDT
[#8]
The chair is against the wall
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:07:32 AM EDT
[#9]
OK forget it. You know, you guys dont do anything for the image. you just come off as paranoid and crazy. If you were smart and you really thought I was an agent/reporter/whatever... than you wouldnt respond at all. Thanks for all your help. admins you can delete this thread now. I dont need anymore 'help'
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:22:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Why?  We gave you the answers you were looking for.  Every male 18-49 is in the unorganized militia, they can be called up for service at any time.  The closest thing to what you are looking for is the NY Guard.  Their is no big underground army that I am aware of.

If you can find one it's probably one of two things.  
1.  A bunch of crazies who think Germany is just biding their time to launch a full schale invasion of the US to finally get their revenge for WWI and WWII, the aliens are coming, or some other wired story.  
2.  A group of friends that shoots together and they jokingly call themselves a militia but are really far from it.  This would be closer to a gun club then an organized militia as they just practice shooting and or hunting. You would be hard pressed to find a gun club that practices military drill and such.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:08:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OK forget it. You know, you guys dont do anything for the image. you just come off as paranoid and crazy. If you were smart and you really thought I was an agent/reporter/whatever... than you wouldnt respond at all. Thanks for all your help. admins you can delete this thread now. I dont need anymore 'help'

easy now, there was a thread a few months back listing some here in the home town forum. A few had websites... if you have keen google skills you should be able to find something... good luck!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:18:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I want to be part of it when you find a group or I will help to start a new one.
There is nothing illegal about a militia. I remember when the Black Panthers marched outside of DC with rifles loaded and they were protected by free speech and genuine government fear from that little incident in Ohio.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:40:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I want to be part of it when you find a group or I will help to start a new one.
There is nothing illegal about a militia.

It is illegal to conduct private paramilitary training in NYS.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:46:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:19:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Join an "Elite Paramilitary Organization...EAGLESCOUT!"

JOHN HAS A LONG MOUSTACHE

Watching too much RED DAWN Lately?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OK forget it. You know, you guys dont do anything for the image. you just come off as paranoid and crazy.

We do?

I mean... it's not like we just joined a firearms forum to ask how to join a militia.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is nothing illegal about a militia.

it is?  yikes

thats unfortunate.

now say if some guys randomly so happened to get together every month and shoot....
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What is the definition of private paramilitary training? How is it different from the tactical training courses that are frequently advertised here?

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#19]
flush
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top