User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So right now I'm still with Mo.

Saw Britt in person and her whole talk was on point and energetic.  May get around to posting vid later.

I'd like to see Durant talk.  So far all I've seen is ads that say "Trump good, Biden bad, vote for me" and " I'm a veteran and I like Trump, vote for me".  There's also his prior statements on civil disarmament being a positive step toward law and order, with the only objection being that it would be hard/costly due to uprisings.   Let's face it, Reagan, Bush, and Trump weren't friends to the 2a, but I feel much better about Mo or Britt on this one than Durant.
View Quote
The same thing is happening in the Gov race.  Tell me what you will do beyond "I support Trump", that Ambassador woman?  Yeah, no, meemaw is slightly better imho.  

Have an original thought and build on what he started.  You support DJT, well great.  What are you going to do to support the conservative principles that are prevalent in this state? I haven't seen anything yet that a candidate other than Mo actually supports the constitution. 1/6 is a non-starter for me.

I may be wrong at this point.  I do not follow any news outside the local weather.  Relying on arf to confirm or deny I am on the right track......
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#2]
For all the reasons cited here I will not trust Durant.  Katie is a swamp creature just like her mentor.  Sticking with Mo.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Mike Durant had some "interesting" things to say about disarming America's cities in 2011... this is in a speech he was giving about Somalia:

“From a military perspective, the first thing that needs to be done is to disarm the population,” Durant said in the speech. “Let’s face it, if we could do that in some of our U.S. cities, that would be a pretty good step toward law and order. But do you ever ask yourself why we don’t do it here? Because it’s hard. It can result in rioting and widespread rebellion and making the situation worse than it already is. But for some reason, we sort of hand-wave all that stuff and go ahead and hand those missions down to our soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines. That’s what happens here (in Somalia).”

https://www.al.com/news/2022/04/durant-favored-gun-control-in-2011-speech-now-says-comment-mischaracterized.html
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mike Durant had some "interesting" things to say about disarming America's cities in 2011... this is in a speech he was giving about Somalia:

"From a military perspective, the first thing that needs to be done is to disarm the population," Durant said in the speech. "Let's face it, if we could do that in some of our U.S. cities, that would be a pretty good step toward law and order. But do you ever ask yourself why we don't do it here? Because it's hard. It can result in rioting and widespread rebellion and making the situation worse than it already is. But for some reason, we sort of hand-wave all that stuff and go ahead and hand those missions down to our soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines. That's what happens here (in Somalia)."

https://www.al.com/news/2022/04/durant-favored-gun-control-in-2011-speech-now-says-comment-mischaracterized.html
View Quote
Anyone have a FB account and willing to ask him point blank about his thoughts on the second, NFA, "ghost guns"?  I would but I deactivated FB and blocked FB via my home network many moons ago and will not be bringing it back.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#5]
No, Mo.  I get bad vibes about Durant not being on board with the MAGA agenda.  We don't need to send a Romney to the Senate.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#6]
So Durant wants more green card visas for the “people he represents”…  I wanted to give this guy a chance, but he is a no go for me.

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2022/04/19/alabama-gop-senate-race-mike-durant-promise-more-foreign-workers-to-the-people-i-represent/
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Ugh.  Not voting for Durant after that green cards comment.

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#9]
A caller on a local radio show referred to Britt as a "Shelby Democrat" and Durant as a "McCain Democrat", inferring that they both would be too quick to work with the other party and abandon their constituents and (R) party platforms.

Not a bad assessment IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For all the reasons cited here I will not trust Durant.  Katie is a swamp creature just like her mentor.  Sticking with Mo.

This.
Yep.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ugh.  Not voting for Durant after that green cards comment.

View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:57:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I’m going Mo. Wanted to like Durant but his platform is lacking

Mo is at least a known quantity for us, and has a history of mostly being on our side
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:45:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Mo Brooks is a real conservative.  Vote Mo.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not taking any chances, I'll go with Mo before any of the other chameleons.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The latest polling data says Britt is leading, Mo second and Durant third.

But I think that is poll data from Britt's side.
View Quote

I don't see Britt winning.

I am enjoying all the new radio ads I'm hearing.  Not just the Senate run.  It seems every candidate in Alabama is a gun toting 2nd Amendment warrior and more Trump than Trump.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 2:16:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I am enjoying all the new radio ads I'm hearing.  Not just the Senate run.  It seems every candidate in Alabama is a gun toting 2nd Amendment warrior and more Trump than Trump.
View Quote

At least we are seeing candidates doing their 2nd amendment supporting commercials without an over/under shotgun and hunter orange saying they’ll protect our right to hunt!
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 2:18:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

At least we are seeing candidates doing their 2nd amendment supporting commercials without an over/under shotgun and hunter orange saying they’ll protect our right to hunt!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have any of you heard that Oden guy's radio commercials?  They're so damn bad I don't think I could vote for him regardless of how good he is.  Whoever came up with his branding and slogans for this campaign needs to be kicked squarely in the nuts.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Have any of you heard that Oden guy's radio commercials?  They're so damn bad I don't think I could vote for him regardless of how good he is.  Whoever came up with his branding and slogans for this campaign needs to be kicked squarely in the nuts.
View Quote

Oden or Odle?
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Oden or Odle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oden or Odle?

This guy:

https://psc.alabama.gov/jeremy-h-oden-commissioner-place-1/

He's running for re-election to the Alabama Public Service Commission.  His radio commercials are retarded.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So Britt takes $200K from a pro-abortion donor while saying she is anit-abortion.

https://www.al.com/news/2022/05/pro-britt-pac-gets-200000-donation-from-hugh-culverhouse-who-says-hell-support-supreme-court-on-abortion.html

Folks getting played. Is this really the best we can get to run for office?
View Quote
Made it hot.  I'm all in on Mo.

https://www.al.com/news/2022/05/pro-britt-pac-gets-200000-donation-from-hugh-culverhouse-who-says-hell-support-supreme-court-on-abortion.html

Hope you are doing well Bama

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Barring anything unforeseen, Mo! His voting record speaks for itself. We don't have this for any of the opponents. Britt/Shelby, that's all I need to say no. Durant is suspect re 2A and immigration. If Mo doesn't make the cut, I will reluctantly back Durant.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:03:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Dang alot of us VA transplants came to Huntsville.

I just got my AL DL.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
While Alabama Congressman Mo Brooks has been holding “Fire McConnell” town halls on his statewide U.S. Senate campaign, the Republican leader in the Senate apparently wants to make sure Alabama voters don’t hire Brooks.

A super PAC affiliated with Mitch McConnell, the Kentucky senator and north Alabama native expected to be restored as majority leader if Republicans win control of the Senate in November, has contributed $2 million to a super PAC opposing Brooks’ election while also supporting one of his opponents, former Sen. Richard Shelby Chief of Staff Katie Britt.

https://www.al.com/news/2022/05/mitch-mcconnell-group-gives-2-million-to-oppose-mo-brooks-senate-bid.html

View Quote

Can't say that I'm surprised in the least.  I just hope enough motivated people get out and vote Mo next week.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Dang alot of us VA transplants came to Huntsville.

I just got my AL DL.
View Quote

@aftac Welcome to Huntsvegas!
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This guy:

He's running for re-election to the Alabama Public Service Commission.  His radio commercials are retarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oden or Odle?

This guy:

You mean Gun Toten Oden?  Yeah I heard he carries his gun everywhere.  LOL.  His commercials are so stupid they're funny.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Mo Brooks is the clear choice at this point IMO. I wanted to know more about Durant and honestly wanted to like him but for starters it was difficult to hear anything other than platitudes from him. I'm pro-Trump pro-gun etc. I mean that's great and all but seemed like very little substance behind it. Then I read about the 2011 speech about disarming the population and the more recent immigration comments. Makes me wonder...

Besides, with Mo we already know what we get. He has a proven conservative record. So, unless I believe that someone else  could be better, why risk ending up with another McCain or worse? And I don't see anyone else in the race bringing a more principled stance, a better record, or more experience than Mo Brooks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:09:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Mo Brooks is the clear choice at this point IMO. I wanted to know more about Durant and honestly wanted to like him but for starters it was difficult to hear anything other than platitudes from him. I'm pro-Trump pro-gun etc. I mean that's great and all but seemed like very little substance behind it. Then I read about the 2011 speech about disarming the population and the more recent immigration comments. Makes me wonder...

Besides, with Mo we already know what we get. He has a proven conservative record. So, unless I believe that someone else  could be better, why risk ending up with another McCain or worse? And I don't see anyone else in the race bringing a more principled stance, a better record, or more experience than Mo Brooks.
View Quote

I agree 1000%.  Mo Brooks is a good man and a solid conservative vote with a proven track record.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Forgive the intrusion, but I thought this would be the best place to find perspective.  

Looks like a run off between Mo and McConnell's candidate.  It seems that Durant split the vote.  Will Trump re-endorse Mo?  We REALLY don't need another McConnell senator in DC.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I doubt it. Mo fucked himself with his comments about forgetting the 2020 election at Trump's rally in Cullman.
View Quote

Ooofffffff
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top