Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/28/2003 9:31:00 AM EDT
How are the gun laws in CO? I might be moving there in a year. I was born and raised in CA and am tired of all these gun laws and what not.
I'm definitely ready to move since my job would like me to move to Pueblo, CO.

So, anyone familiar with the area? I hear there isn't really anything there. Also, can I bring my "assault" weapons?

Cant wait for snowboarding!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 3:03:30 PM EDT
Bring your toys and enjoy. CO is now a shall issue state.

Pueblo doesn't have a lot going on, but the Springs is less than an hour away.

More than a couple Arfcommers in the Springs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 11:29:17 AM EDT
You can bring everything you've got and you don't even have to tell anyone. Bring it on!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 12:33:48 PM EDT
My best advice would be when you move pretend you never set foot in CA. Coloradans are tired of CA liberal types selling thier 1100 SQ foot homes for $1.5mil and brining thier attitudes with them to Colorado. Pretend you are from Arizona and you should get along fine. CCW, NFA et all is available to you now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:10:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By David_Hineline:
My best advice would be when you move pretend you never set foot in CA. Coloradans are tired of CA liberal types selling thier 1100 SQ foot homes for $1.5mil and brining thier attitudes with them to Colorado. Pretend you are from Arizona and you should get along fine. CCW, NFA et all is available to you now.

Now that is good advice. Never mention you are from California, course a lot of us Coloradans' can smell it anyway.

As for you "assault" weapons, anything legal in the PRK is legal here.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 7:55:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rickyj:
As for you "assault" weapons, anything legal in the PRK is legal here.

And most everything illegal in kalifornia, is legal here......
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 11:10:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thedave1164:

And most everything illegal in kalifornia, is legal here......

You mean like buying a gun without a waiting period?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 8:44:54 AM EDT
If I move (most-likely), I will be moving by the springs (all of my co-workers who have already moved went there. Some in thenorth side, some in the south). It is an hour commute to our job site from the springs, but I hear it's well worth it.
Don't worry, I don't have that CA attitude.
Also... no waiting period? How long will it take me to become a resident so that I can have all those "privledges"?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 8:45:28 AM EDT
One last thing........

FULL-AUTO????????????
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 9:42:19 AM EDT
Technically it is 90 days, and Full-Auto is up to your sheriff of your county, I am not sure how the sheriff of El Paso county is about class III
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:03:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2003 10:10:13 AM EDT by ProfGAB101]
Pueblo County is the realm of Sheriff Corsentino and he does sign for NFA toys.

as stated above we (CO) are now a Shall Issue CCW state.

All NFA items are legal in CO, DD ammo (other than 12ga.) do require storage permits.

Gas is $1.39 gal.
Vehicle registration is dirt cheap compared to CA.
Snow is a minimal issue since your not in the mountains.

Pueblo is a bit more extreme weather wise compared to Colorado Springs. Expect 10 Deg hotter in summer, and 10 deg colder in winter.

You will like it.
Edit: El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa is also Pro Gun and helped bust the CCW issue open with prior Sheriff John Anderson before the state adopted a shall issue law. Terry will also sign for NFA items and there are several Class III in the area.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 9:03:20 PM EDT
If you do go with the Springs for a home, the sheriff does sign for NFA goodies. There are a few Class III dealers there too. Karl.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:46:57 AM EDT
Sounds good. I guess I'll join you guys in a shoot in about a year.
Can't wait to get there. I'll start saving for my first class III . Hmmmmmm... maybe a "real" M4.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:13:32 AM EDT
FYI,

Even if you libe in an area that the SO doesnt sign for NFA the ATF will still let you buy NFA items if your state allows it. All you have to do is how the ATF you tired to get the SO to sign but he wouldnt. You will still ge the NFA weapon your going to buy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:48:50 PM EDT
Is that true M4? I thought you had to have the CLEO sign off or form a corp?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:59:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Coax:
Is that true M4? I thought you had to have the CLEO sign off or form a corp?

Its true. As long as you can show the ATF you tied as best as you can to get a CLEO sign off and there wasn't anything that barred you from getting an NFA weapon.

This is one of the checks & balances to prevent favoritism from a Sheriff/CLEO.

If you are going through the process of getting your forms processed and all that's keeping you from getting it done is a CLEO not wanting to sign it off, contact the ATF. The ATF will either tell the CLEO to sign it or give you a waiver.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:52:55 AM EDT
Fortunately our Sheriff here will sign off on anything. Now I'm not so sure about the Chief of the CSPD. But I have not heard of anyone not getting a form signed off.

And since we have a Class 3 dealer in the club.....
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 10:44:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/11/2003 10:46:52 AM EDT by Karl-P-Mann]

Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U:
FYI,

Even if you libe in an area that the SO doesnt sign for NFA the ATF will still let you buy NFA items if your state allows it. All you have to do is how the ATF you tired to get the SO to sign but he wouldnt. You will still ge the NFA weapon your going to buy.

WHAT? Have you completely lost your mind? Not a snowballs chance in hades dude. No CLEO signoff, you either go corporate, or you get no toys. Karl.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 2:09:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Karl-P-Mann:

Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U:
FYI,

WHAT? Have you completely lost your mind? Not a snowballs chance in hades dude. No CLEO signoff, you either go corporate, or you get no toys. Karl.

Sorry, but thats just not true.

Im not in town at the moment and I dont have my federal books handy. But pleae look up the law before you make posts that arent accurate.

Again:

As long as you can show the ATF you tied as best as you can to get a CLEO sign off and there wasn't anything that barred you from getting an NFA weapon.

This is one of the checks & balances to prevent favoritism from a Sheriff/CLEO.

If you are going through the process of getting your forms processed and all that's keeping you from getting it done is a CLEO not wanting to sign it off, contact the ATF. The ATF will either tell the CLEO to sign it or give you a waiver.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 8:37:20 PM EDT
I'm torn...

Colorado was just fine until a bunch of friggin liberals from PRK came in here and started f'n up the place.

my 'policy' has been to keep people from PRK from coming here and making it worse...

however,

If you're on the side of freedom, come on over!
Top Top