Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2011 7:09:57 PM EDT
I might be going with the wife and son and mother in law to Franklin Brentwood area this Thursday. Mainly Franklin. What good gun shops areas to avoid and carry issues for a GA boy with a GA CCW. Willing to do some shooting to.

NO hookers and Blow though.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Your GA permit is good in TN.  While here, you have to follow our laws regarding carry.  Some high points of our law:
  • A location with a gun-busters sign is considered legally posted, but a sign simply saying "No Guns" is not.  Absent the GunBusters sign, the law requires specific verbiage to be legal.

• You may not consume any alcohol while carrying––period!

• You may carry in restaurants that serve alcohol, as long as they are not posted, and, as noted, you are not consuming.

• You may carry concealed or openly, but I strongly recommend concealed.

• You are not required to notify a LEO if you are carrying (should you be stopped), but it's considered both courteous, and generally a good practice to do so.

LEOs generally are OK...but Brentwood has been known to have some CWAs (Cops With Attitude).

O'Charley's & Cracker Barrel are family-friendly restaurants that are also carry friendly (they're both based in middle-TN, too).

Garcia's (on Highway 96, next door to Hobby Lobby) is one of our favorite Mexican restaurants.  There are a ton of restaurants around Cool Springs Galleria (the mall).

Franklin Gun Shop has a great selection...and high prices.  Generally nice folks, in my experience...Did I mention high prices?  

City parks in Franklin & Brentwood are off-limits for carry, even with a permit.

• in Franklin (Pinkerton Park has a nice kids' playground, & Union Civil War Fort Granger is at the back of it)

• in Brentwood (Concord, Granny White, Deerwood Arboretum, etc)––just naming a few, in case you stumble across them.

Radnor Lake State Natural Area (a couple miles north of Brentwood––actually in Davidson Co) is a state park, & carry is legal there (with a permit).

Shoot me a PM––or ask here––if you would like more info.

Welcome to Williamson County––and to Tennessee!

Hope you have a safe, enjoyable trip.

David

Tennessee Firearms Association

TFA Forum
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 6:54:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Your GA permit is good in TN.  While here, you have to follow our laws regarding carry.  Some high points of our law:
  • A location with a gun-busters sign is considered legally posted, but a sign simply saying "No Guns" is not.  Absent the GunBusters sign, the law requires specific verbiage to be legal. Gotcha

• You may not consume any alcohol while carrying––period! Don't Drink

• You may carry in restaurants that serve alcohol, as long as they are not posted, and, as noted, you are not consuming. Don't Drink

• You may carry concealed or openly, but I strongly recommend concealed. If I carry I carry concealed but also I leave my gun in the truck or car sometimes on buildings that are "Fuzzy"

• You are not required to notify a LEO if you are carrying (should you be stopped), but it's considered both courteous, and generally a good practice to do so. I always do let them know.

LEOs generally are OK...but Brentwood has been known to have some CWAs (Cops With Attitude). I'll bring donuts.

O'Charley's & Cracker Barrel are family-friendly restaurants that are also carry friendly (they're both based in middle-TN, too).

Garcia's (on Highway 96, next door to Hobby Lobby) is one of our favorite Mexican restaurants.  There are a ton of restaurants around Cool Springs Galleria (the mall).

Franklin Gun Shop has a great selection...and high prices.  Generally nice folks, in my experience...Did I mention high prices?  

City parks in Franklin & Brentwood are off-limits for carry, even with a permit.

• in Franklin (Pinkerton Park has a nice kids' playground, & Union Civil War Fort Granger is at the back of it)

• in Brentwood (Concord, Granny White, Deerwood Arboretum, etc)––just naming a few, in case you stumble across them.

Radnor Lake State Natural Area (a couple miles north of Brentwood––actually in Davidson Co) is a state park, & carry is legal there (with a permit).

Shoot me a PM––or ask here––if you would like more info.  Any places that rent Full Auto Stuff. Bullseye's stuff in Lawrenceville GA is "Been there done that and jam-o-matic."

Welcome to Williamson County––and to Tennessee!  Thanks I was born in East Ridge TN

Hope you have a safe, enjoyable trip.

David

Tennessee Firearms Association

TFA Forum

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#3]
on target rents full-auto in murfreesburro . or if you bring the ammo I'll bring out a modded m11/9 to the maury co. gun club . its south of franklin and guest pay $10 per day . I could also bring some other NFA goodies .
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 6:35:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Coming in from Georgia, you will start seeing billboards for OUTPOST ARMORY as you approach Murfreesboro TN.  The prices are a little  high in my opinion but worth a stop to look around. Its right next to the Interstate and as you come up to the exit you will see a tan building with fence around it just to the south of it on the frontage road. That is BARRETT HQ from what I understand. Outpost Armory is owned by Ronnie Barrett's son, Chris.  They have alot of weapons, ammo and other goodies.  Its far enough out that I don't drive out there when I come to town but coming in from Georgia you go right by it so why not?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top