Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2021 9:56:46 AM EDT
That site has been off the air for about a month now.  Does anyone know what's up?  Does he need help fixing the thing or something?

Yes I'm aware that the EE exists but I don't like dealing with the muppets here who can't be bothered to read your ad when you say "local sales only"
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#1]
It got mentioned in another thread. Apparently it's been replaced;

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Lookin-to-sell-a-pistol/32-654382/
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess that solves the mystery.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:35:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I talked a guy in Lees Summit that said he helped build Midwest back in the day and that the software they used then was out dated.  Then who ever took it over didn't do any updates or maintenance.  I guess the server finally crashed, and they didn't want to spend the money to fix it up.  It had gone down hill the last year in my opinion.  So now some of the old timers asked this guy in Lees Summit to build a new site.  So that is where https://showmeguns.com came from.

That is just what I heard from this guy I was buying a gun from.  Is it true?  Who knows?  Just sharing what I heard and that there is at least another resource for buying, selling and trading.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I talked a guy in Lees Summit that said he helped build Midwest back in the day and that the software they used then was out dated.  Then who ever took it over didn't do any updates or maintenance.  I guess the server finally crashed, and they didn't want to spend the money to fix it up.  It had gone down hill the last year in my opinion.  So now some of the old timers asked this guy in Lees Summit to build a new site.  So that is where https://showmeguns.com came from.

That is just what I heard from this guy I was buying a gun from.  Is it true?  Who knows?  Just sharing what I heard and that there is at least another resource for buying, selling and trading.
View Quote

Yes it's true. His name is Nate. Really smart guy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:26:56 AM EDT
[#6]
The Midwest Gun Trader website is still up. Looks like someone just needs to reboot the server. About a month ago...
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#7]
BK! Sup. Glad to see ya around
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BK! Sup. Glad to see ya around
View Quote

I'm still alive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top