Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/29/2004 3:59:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2004 4:16:21 PM EST by TNRonin]

Check it out you Tennesseans, Kentucky, Georgia, and Alabama people!! This is a course that should be of interest. Makes no sense to buy a $700+ gun and not know how to use it. Spend the $$ and learn the gun, it MAY save your life. Please spread the word, thanks. Info below and please keep this at the top for a while.

Tactical Rifle/Carbine

The center fire semi-auto rifle chambered for a full power or intermediate cartridge is the most formidable and versatile personal fighting implement devised to date. Appropriate for either the defensive, tactical, or sporting user, this two-day course imparts a level of understanding that far exceeds graduates of U.S. military rifle training. Covers trajectory, battlesight zero, practical ready and firing positions, close- and medium-range snap shooting, weapons handling, urban applications, team drills, firing while moving, moving and multiple targets, plus the tactics required to employ this potent tool in combat.

2 days/$300

Course Equipment List:

- One (1) open mind
- 1000 rounds rifle and 250 rounds pistol ammo
- Tactical sling (required) All ammo MUST be factory loaded!
- Strongside belt holster
- Eye and ear protection (muffs recommended)
- Sturdy gun belt
- Minimum of three magazines for each weapon
- Magazine pouch for each
- Raingear (We shoot rain or shine) I LIKE THAT
- Hat and sunblock
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Drinking water (Camelback strongly recommended)
- Bug Spray
- Pen and paper

The course will be hosted in Cookeville TN. We are right off the interstate and the range is easy to get to. Lots of locations for lodging and eats (drinks after training). We are a "wet" county so no worries.

LEOs, this course is not POST certified, but according to the lead instructor, LEOs that submit have received credits.

Please contact:
allen.webb@warriormindset.com
Phone: 1-731-225-5818
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:51:29 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:53:26 PM EST
Wish I had seen this about a month ago.
But I have already commited to going to
Front Sight in Nevada.

Guess I will have to catch the next one.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:10:24 PM EST
How often do they offer this course? Can't make it to this one but maybe next time.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:26:04 AM EST
Well, sadly the course has been called off. We couldn't make the numbers, maybe in the spring. For those that read this, what do you think I would need to do to make this happen? Proper advertising, notice, etc???
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:39:43 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:16:35 PM EST
Forgive me for playing Devil's Advocate, but why the hell would I need someone to take $300 of MY hard-earned money to teach me how to pull the trigger on my ARs?

No slam intended, so don't take it personal if you're going or have been.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:23:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By BobCole:
Forgive me for playing Devil's Advocate, but why the hell would I need someone to take $300 of MY hard-earned money to teach me how to pull the trigger on my ARs?

No slam intended, so don't take it personal if you're going or have been.

I suppose if trigger pulling at the range is all you plan on doing with your AR you don't need a class. If you want to be competative in a real shooting situation I would think $300 a small price to pay to have a tactical advantage.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:33:06 PM EST
What jeep said, and it makes no sense to pay all that money on a gun and not know how to use it. Now if all a person does is go to the range and pose with the gun for his shooting buddies ohh and ahh over then don't sweat it. Frankly, I wanted the course to refresh my skills and learn some new ones, as I'm certain I don't know it all.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:45:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/24/2004 4:57:56 PM EST by DrJekl]
Well some folks know how to shoot and others think they know how to shoot. Those that know how to shoot generally like to get some training now and then to hone their skills, learn new techniques or just maintain a level of profeciency. There is nothing like two days of critiqued trigger pulling!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:24:42 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:05:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By Jeep29:
I suppose if trigger pulling at the range is all you plan on doing with your AR you don't need a class. If you want to be competative in a real shooting situation I would think $300 a small price to pay to have a tactical advantage.

What are they going to teach me that either the Marine Corps hasn't or common sense won't?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:53:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/25/2004 2:04:14 PM EST by Jeep29]

Originally Posted By BobCole:

Originally Posted By Jeep29:

What are they going to teach me that either the Marine Corps hasn't or common sense won't?

Since I don't know what the Marines taught you nor do I have knowlege of your level of common sense I can't accurately make an assessment.

I'll stand by my statement that ANYTHING, regardless of how small, that you pick up in a formal class that can give you a tactical advantage is money well spent.

For the record: I spent 22 years and 7 months in a Combat Arms branch of the US Army and I'm certain there are still plenty of things that I can learn. Just this past weekend I picked up some good info on tactical reloading a shotgun while engaging a target from a shooting professional. While I'm still pretty clumsy at it I expect to have it down in a few more range trips. I'm always willing to learn.

Edit to add: Here is an interesting topic on another gun forum. Hmmmm. www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=7ea193459af8aba797c7098a5fc5c57c&threadid=107908
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:21:21 PM EST
Bob, saidly your response is stereotypical of a Marine, please read the following:

Covers trajectory, battlesight zero, practical ready and firing positions, close- and medium-range snap shooting, weapons handling, urban applications, team drills, firing while moving, moving and multiple targets, plus the tactics required to employ this potent tool in combat.

Now if you can do all that and are as good as you think the Marines have taught you, I would suggest you submit your vita and become an instructor. Your arrogance might get you or someone else killed someday, I hope not, but going into a gun battle being overconfident can get you dead real quick.

I know from a former paratrooper's point of view that I did the following:

Covers trajectory YEP
battlesight zero YEP
practical ready and firing positions YEP
close- and medium-range snap shooting YEP
weapons handling YEP
urban applications YEP
team drills SOME, BUT I REALLY DID THAT AS A SWAT TEAM MEMBER
firing while moving SOME
moving and multiple targets SOME

And from my personal experience of training with scout snipers and infantry marines, we had them beat three ways to Sunday on the capabilities and tactics. Those are just my personal experiences, YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:00:53 PM EST
I took a few of these classes when I was L.E.O. for S.W.AT..Main difference was we trained with and for Full auto.
Classes covered rifle/carbine/sub-gun depending on issue weapon and team position,handguns and shotgun.With at least two used in several situations.Any CQB and entry type training can be a benefit no matter how much training or experience you have.
The fact is you never know enough and always learn something no matter how many classes or how much training you have been too or had.Not to mention the fact that a refresher is always good unless you train every week.
Its a blast to watch the all knowing gun range commando's John Wayne scenarios/stages and fold up when they run dry or have a failure.Not to mention poor hit ratio or hitting friendly targets.
Its also a excellent starting point for anyone interested in doing 3-gun comps.
So yeah maybe these classes are not for everybody but they have a place for many,including the experts.So do not knock it unless you have tried it.
Been there done that and I say its worth it.
If I had time I would love to take the class as I am no expert.Just do not have time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:58:12 AM EST
Couple buddies just got back from a CQB pistol class taught in Memphis, I think Suarez taught it. Very intense course and super good for CQB stuff. $350 for the course, one guy paid out of his pocket for the class and one was on the dept ticket. They said it was money well spent.

Once again it is the arrogant ones that get you killed.
Top Top