Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 7:19:44 PM EDT
We had great weather and a big group out there today.  Thanks to those that helped organize it - kpel308, ShakyJake, others.  My son and I had a great time and are already looking forward to the next one.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#1]
OOH-RAH!

A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who came to the shoot, and especially to Cutter75 and Duke_Nukem for their contributions.  Cutter did all the paperwork for the permits, and Duke kicked serious anal region with his class on CQB.

Thanks also to the ladies who womanned the grill and cooked the brats.  MP906 and The Shaky One should be proud.

Folks, you shoulda been there.  If you weren't, you're burnt!

One of these days, I'm going to acquire a digital camcorder so you people will actually believe the amount of fun we had!

THANK YOU, EVERYBODY!!!

Semper Fi!

Ken
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, Thanks to all.
I had a great time, and promise to be there earlier next time.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:21:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry about the muzzle blast, BaNo!

Regards,

Your Friendly Neighborhood White Castle Assassin

You should have been there.  It was funny as all get out!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:16:04 AM EDT
[#4]
It was a very good shoot. Well worth the effort. I most definitely be at the next one too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Ditto on the thanks to the planners and organizers.  

Mrs. MP906 and I had a great time.

I already can't wait for the next shoot or MMDCC competition.

Guns and brats, it just doesn't get any better...

-Ken  
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#6]
BaNo & MissouriBob
Sorry I missed you guys, or maybe we met but were not formerly introduced...
glad to see you made it...
p.s. - the white castle made good shooting clays...

It was nice to meet you guys, and to put some faces to the names...

HAD A BLAST - literally

Hooorah!!!

Thanks to all...
Got to shoot some nice weapons...
Thanks again - you are all high caliber people...

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:29:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to everyone who made it, that was one of my best days shooting EVER.  Erik and I spent over NINE HOURS at the range.  We were so exhausted when we got back to town we could hardly eat pizza.  I've cleaned exactly two guns so far, out of... oh boy.  

Know what?  I'll talk to you guys later, since these guns are dirty anyway I think I'm gonna head out to the range... LOL!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
BaNo & MissouriBob
Sorry I missed you guys, or maybe we met but were not formerly introduced...
glad to see you made it...
p.s. - the white castle made good shooting clays...

It was nice to meet you guys, and to put some faces to the names...

HAD A BLAST - literally

Hooorah!!!

Thanks to all...
Got to shoot some nice weapons...
Thanks again - you are all high caliber people...

Cutter,

I saw you but never caught up to you one on one.  My son and I were on the left range next to HoleShot4.  I'll catch you next time or maybe at one of the local ranges.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry I couldn't make this one, but I couldn't be in two places at once - I shoot sporting clays with some folks from work one Saturday every month, and the 31st was it.  We shot two 100 shot courses at Katonka, near Hannibal, got our butts kicked on the "hard" course.

The weather was great for being outside and no one roasted as happened at last summer's shoot.

I am saving some old fire extinguisher's for the next shoot.

Did any Conservation Dep't officer's show up to check out the gathering?  Any comments?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:19:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I also had a great time.  All of the organizer's help is greatly appreciated.  Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks again,
Jim
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:47:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The weather was great for being outside and no one roasted as happened at last summer's shoot.

Did any Conservation Dep't officer's show up to check out the gathering?  Any comments?

Amen to the weather...
Couldn't have been more made to order...

Yes, the CA did show up, and they were "very friendly".
Kpel308, and Duke_Nukem spoke with them initially I believe, then I went to show off our permit...
The guy knew my name(real one that is) - which surprised me, but said that the CA was really taken with our offer to adopt the range, and were even thinking of posting a sign indicating that this was "our" adopted range...
much like the highway signs by orginizations...

I'm going to write to Jim Loveless this morning to Thank him and his crew for "prepping" the range...

Didn't it look great guys???
Freshly mowed, new target belts, painted bench parts, etc...
Hats-off to the CA crew...

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#12]

It was a great time! My son and I had a lot of fun. We are ready for another one! Congrats to the organizers. To a job well done.

Eric
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a great time as well!! Well worth the drive from KC. Looking forward to the next shoot.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Special thanks to ShakyJake and Mrs. for supplying the grub.  Also for supplying the clays which I couldn't hit...

Another big thanks to Shamusmcoi for letting my buddy Chris shoot all your goodies.  He doesn't have a internet connection since he just moved, so I thought I'd pass on his gratitude.  And thanks for bringing the target stand down, that's going to work great.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep a great time for sure. Already looking forward to the next one.

HKocher, tell your buddy Chris he's welcome anytime. Glad he had fun as well.

I don't think it will take much more work, and he'll be a bonafide gun nut.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top