Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/5/2012 4:35:56 PM EST
Per Forbes.com :

"Worst State For Retirement, Michigan
MoneyRate says Michigan ranked below average in every category, and particularly low scores on climate and economic factors hurt the state's ranking. Michigan was not among the 10 worst states in any single category, but consistently low scores across the board gave it the worst overall total."

At least there will be more room for those who do stay.
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 7:38:01 PM EST
And Michigan has the #1 & #2 most dangerous crime filled cities in the U.S. as well.
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 7:53:09 PM EST
Yup, Have to do a paper this week, think it will be that MI is an example of progressive policy and could be a warning to the rest of the country.
Maybe I will move back, buy the city of detroit and call it a sovereign nation...or just burn it to ground parasites and all
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 3:07:46 AM EST
We're just awesome like that.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 5:24:57 AM EST
Michigan has a new Winter manual, it's called "50 Days of Gray". It explains how to combat the urge to slit your wrists before Spring arrives.

I have a good job here, and the cost of living is dirt cheap, but there is no way I'm staying another winter when I retire.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 6:27:43 AM EST
All this is why my wife and I, both retired civil servants, now live in Prescott Valley AZ. Tired of the cold and snow––yes we get a bit of that here––crappy roads and the big cities draining the life out of the state. Snyders' tax on pensions was the last straw. If we must pay income tax on pensions it might as well be somewhere with 330 sunny days a year. And we have no CCW requirement and open carry is so common no one notices.

We miss the forests and lakes but these mountains are pretty nice and we can ride 20 miles and be in the high pines.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 1:46:57 PM EST

Oh, wait...............................
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 8:21:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By arcticwarrior:
And Michigan has the #1 & #2 most dangerous crime filled cities in the U.S. as well.
I don't know? Oakland, CA is pretty far up on most lists, LOL.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 8:33:20 PM EST
Who reads Forbes? Seriously, if its not some city booming with corporate nothing masters, it's crap to them.

I love Michigan, the weather is fun, the outdoors is excellent and unique, but sadly I'll be moving away because the universities are becoming far too overpriced for what they offer and there's no job opportunities.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 10:08:34 AM EST
Originally Posted By maxpower762:
Yup, Have to do a paper this week, think it will be that MI is an example of progressive policy and could be a warning to the rest of the country.

He did the leg work for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hhJ_49leBw

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:12:58 PM EST
You`ll be blown away.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:04:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By pighelmet:
You`ll be blown away.

Ahhh HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:10:24 AM EST
I think Ann Arbor as a city was ranked high due to the amount of medical coverage per capita but it is a somewhat high cost of living area to live in.
Top Top