Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2004 6:40:24 AM EDT
Fellow Mitten Dwellers:

I spend most of my time stuck behind the lines in Chicago nowadays but have extensive property and spend quite a lot of time in SouthWestern Michigan.  I am strongly considering switching my residence to Michigan and applying for a Michigan CCW as I would prefer to carry while in Michigan (and Indiana).

Any comments on the permit process or encounters with law enforcement while carrying?
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#1]
It is pretty strait forward.  MCRGO is a good resource.  

www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a pretty easy process to get your permit.  Just have to wait a little depending on the county.  Never had any run ins with LE's.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:44:14 AM EDT
[#3]
take the class, get 2 pics taken, like passport id photos, turn in application from sheriffs dept along with 105.00 for the fee, you will get a letter when the permit is ready to pick up, in monroe and washtenaw it is fast, 1-2 months, other counties will vaty, do not apply in wayne co it will take forever
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#4]
It depends on the county as to how hard the gun board is on you.  A friend lives in Ottawa County, and they hassled him because he had a boating citation for not having enough life preservers 3 years ago!  They still had to issue him a license because of the shall issue policy.  The infraction wasn't bad enough.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#5]
It's pretty cut and dry what they can exclude you for, I had a pretty positive experience in Macomb county and it took 93 days.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I just renewed in Midland County and it took 60 days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top