Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2004 5:40:24 AM EST
Fellow Mitten Dwellers:

I spend most of my time stuck behind the lines in Chicago nowadays but have extensive property and spend quite a lot of time in SouthWestern Michigan. I am strongly considering switching my residence to Michigan and applying for a Michigan CCW as I would prefer to carry while in Michigan (and Indiana).

Any comments on the permit process or encounters with law enforcement while carrying?
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 7:27:23 AM EST
It is pretty strait forward. MCRGO is a good resource.

www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 2:57:50 PM EST
It is a pretty easy process to get your permit. Just have to wait a little depending on the county. Never had any run ins with LE's.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:44:14 AM EST
take the class, get 2 pics taken, like passport id photos, turn in application from sheriffs dept along with 105.00 for the fee, you will get a letter when the permit is ready to pick up, in monroe and washtenaw it is fast, 1-2 months, other counties will vaty, do not apply in wayne co it will take forever
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:02:49 PM EST
It depends on the county as to how hard the gun board is on you. A friend lives in Ottawa County, and they hassled him because he had a boating citation for not having enough life preservers 3 years ago! They still had to issue him a license because of the shall issue policy. The infraction wasn't bad enough.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:27:37 AM EST
It's pretty cut and dry what they can exclude you for, I had a pretty positive experience in Macomb county and it took 93 days.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:59:51 AM EST
I just renewed in Midland County and it took 60 days.
Top Top